Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

If I get a dog in the future - depending on how employment goes - I'm wondering what the best way to go about it is.

My family has owned two whippets, and they have both been incredibly awesome pets (even if they're lazy as hell). I like their breed because they are calm, non-fussy, (in my experience) quiet, don't tend to have major health issues and can adapt very well to the apartment lifestyle. If I had a choice, I'd go with a whippet any day. But if I can't, how can I look for pets that have these traits? What other things do I need to keep in mind if this is what I'm looking for?

We got Goldie and Blake from a breeder. I don't know if that changes things or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

My parents took the dogs out on a walk and one of them antagonized their poo poo out of another dog a guy was biking with, causing the other guy’s dog to bite both of them and the guy to fall off his bike. Both dogs have wounds on them and I asked my parents how we were to treat them and they just said “they’re already licking them, there’s nothing to do, besides the other dog probably has their shots so they won’t die”. Not even dressing the wounds or bandaging them or anything.

This is after my parents are known around the neighborhood for their one rear end in a top hat dog that constantly escapes, runs into people’s houses, and shits on their floors.

My parents are terrible dog owners and they’re terrorizing their neighborhood all because my mother can’t deal with having an empty nest.