Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT

Citycop posted:

My great dane is 6mo old.
He's 75lbs now, I feed him Nutro Max large breed puppy.
WTH is this? I just noticed it yesterday, it has not been there long. He stays inside most of the time, but we just moved to Texas and he has a new yard and he has had a few romps through a field and a small pond.

My best guesses:
Ants
Cactus plants
Posion Ivy
canine acne

The location reminds me of cat acne. It might be an allergy to the new grasses or dirt he's snarfing around in. I would give your vet a call because you don't want that spreading all over his face when he rolls in whatever caused it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT
Hey I'm thinking about getting a greyhound. I live in a busy apartment where a lot of my neigbors have pet rabbits and walk them along on leashes. Also they are banned in my contract but my vet is gonna write it down as a doberman mix -wink wink nudge nudge- there is nothing wrong with my brillant plan, right

Silver Nitrate fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Feb 19, 2015

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT

Party Boat posted:

Tonight: total victory.

Once I'd dragged Wraggler out of the driveway she immediately went "you win" and happily trotted along with me for the rest of the walk. I'll keep being the giver of food and treating her on walks etc but fortunately it seems like she's a lot less stubborn than I thought.

~*ANOTHER PET ISLAND SUCCESS STORY*~

Yay Clicktreat party boat

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Yes, it's a dog. They were bred to grab onto bears and bulls by the neck so people could poke them with spears.

Citation needed

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

So why is the breeding of pugs for aesthetic reasons which lead to even worse (already existent) health issues not an illegal practice

It is in some countries. Qualzucht laws. Although I don't know if they're actually enforced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT

cloudy posted:

Are there success stories of leash reactive dogs coming to like other dogs? I want to work with a trainer who has a well behaved dog, but haven't started yet.

I'm just sad that my dog can't be buds with other dogs. Plus like all my relatives have dogs so it would be cool to bring her home for the holidays but right now I feel like that's a bad idea.

Haven't tried off-leash interactions cause I don't know anyone with well-behaved dogs and plus I'd just be worried she just doesn't like dogs in general. She's not aggressive though, just reactive to intense butt sniffs. Growls and if the other dog backs off the issue is dropped. So it would probably be OK. But would like to test in the most controlled environment ever.

Edit: it also sucks because there are so many people who have off-leash dogs in our public park where there are clearly signs posted to keep your dog on a leash. And they ALL run up to my dog no matter what.

My dog is leash reactive and loves other dogs...

as soon as I drop the leash.