Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Denzer
May 15, 2009
I just signed up for $50. Just hearing it was Fargo would have been enough. I'm old enough to have played the first Wasteland when it came out, and I loved it.

If this type of thing starts to take off it could actually save gaming from the creatures that have a grip on it right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Denzer
May 15, 2009
I think the people who are getting upset about the recent big kickstarter projects are drastically underestimating the net gain to the smaller projects from the influx of new people and expanded awareness of kickstarter.

I had not even heard of kickstarter before the doublefine thing, that got me into funding the Wasteland 2 project, and I will continue to fund any small projects that I find now that I am aware of the site. I think overall this is going to be positive for even the really small four-five figure projects. It's a great model.

One question, that black gate guy says in his post that Amazon takes 10%? I thought it was only 5%?

Denzer
May 15, 2009

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Kickstarter takes 5, Amazon takes 5. Then you have to account for unfulfilled pledges/renegers.
Ahh ok I see, I was thinking of Amazon/Kickstarter as one entity.

Denzer
May 15, 2009
Does anyone know if Ubisoft owns the rights to the old SSI Gold Box D&D games?

• Locked thread