Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee
Glad to see a thread about this here. Let me contribute a few links:

Wasteland 2 official forum: http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/forum/index.php
RockPaperShotgun W2 Interview with Fargo: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/03/12/post-post-nuclear-roleplaying-brian-fargo-on-wasteland-2/
RPGCodex W2 Interview with Fargo: http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=8005
No Mutants Allowed W2 Interview with Fargo: http://www.nma-fallout.com/article.php?id=60856
RPGCodex W2 Interview with Michael A. Stackpole, an original Wasteland designer now working on W2: http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=8023

Megadyptes posted:

In this thread we've had people talking about the C64, Apple II and DOS versions of the original game. Is there a big difference between the various editions? From playing other old games on emulators with various versions it seems that graphics and audio can vary quite a lot between them, and in the 80's the DOS versions were usually the worst. What's the definitive version of Wasteland?

No significant difference between those apart from the way they look (and disk swapping, of course). The C64 colour scheme looks best to me personally, although I don't mind the IBM version either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee
Put in my $100, so excited!

This bit looks particularly good to me:

quote:

But we’re looking ahead to what we can do if you all back this project in force. At $1.25 million, the money will go primarily into making the world bigger, adding more maps, more divergent stories and even more music.

At $1.5 million, the world gets even bigger. You’ll have more adventures to play, more challenges to deal with, and a greater level of complexity to the entire storyline. We’ll add more environments, story elements, and characters to make the rich world come alive even more.

Here's hoping they make it.

Quarex posted:

hey CrookedB, I assume you are Crooked Bee!

Yep. :)

Quarex posted:

(Oh, and CrookedB, I will add those links into the original post once the Kickstarter actually arrives and I update it)

Sure. :)

CrookedB fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Mar 13, 2012

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee

Rocketeer Korolev posted:

Does anyone know if Wasteland 1 will be included with this?

Unfortunately not. EA still hold the rights to distributing Wasteland 1.

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee

Quarex posted:

I saw that RPGCodex was trying to circumvent this by collecting $5,000 from its members to collectively buy the $5,000-level Kickstarter for the forums? I have no idea how their donation system is different from Amazon payments, but apparently it is

We (RPG Codex staff here) use Paypal instead. We've already collected $1500 in the past 10 hours or so, so I hope we make it. :) Many peeps are donating twice, though, since the $5000 level tier only gives 30 digital copies and many want their cloth map. We do track individual donations, though, so we can find a way to distribute the copies (and other goodies) fairly afterwards.

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee

Scut posted:

Also, does anyone know if Wasteland 2 has settled on isometric perspective, or a more classic top-down like the original?

That hasn't been officially announced yet. "We will have some concepts soon", is the only thing Fargo has announced so far. Personally, I'd love it to be an updated version of Wasteland's original top down perspective, but isometric seems more likely to me (especially given the fan feedback so far).

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee

Scut posted:

Arne, who's pretty well known in the indie games scene for his concept art posted a little thumbnail sheet showing how the original Wasteland monsters could be updated in a manner that keeps more of the bizarre charm of the original game.

I hope the dev team sees this during this early stage because he really makes the designs look great in these quick thumbnail sketches.

Check it here: http://diglett.blogspot.com/2012/03/wasteland-2.html

I've just tweeted it to Fargo, and he tweeted back "Cool. I love the fan art."

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee

ShankyMcStabber posted:

One thing I always liked about the early EA folio releases. They stood nice on a bookshelf and could be easily identified without taking up silly amounts of space like Centauri Alliance did (look it up).

I just want to say how glad I am someone brought up Centauri Alliance. It's one of my favourite CRPGs, but I rarely if ever see it mentioned anywhere. Turns out I'm not the only one who knows about that game, after all!

You also mentioned Deathlord in the same post, which makes me double happy.

Quarex posted:

I think Centauri Alliance slipped through my "identify and track down every MS-DOS CRPG" efforts from a few years ago.

There is no MS-DOS version of Centauri Alliance, as far as I'm aware. It was only released for C64 and Apple II.

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee
Upped my pledge to $265 to get an autographed Collector's Edition of the game. :3: (Surprised this tier hasn't been sold out yet, actually.)

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee

Bart Fargo posted:

Anyone know if those preview novellas are electronic or actual bound books? I don't see that specified on the rewards descriptions. I'm currently in for $50 but would consider going to $75 to get both books if they're actual books.

I've asked the inXile folks to clarify that, and they said the novellas are digital for now, but they might make 'em physical:

"Right now, the are digital novellas. That said, we think they would be much cooler as an actual physical book so we will be looking into the costs to manufacture these. If they're reasonable, we will go that route. Still a bit too early to tell as we haven't had a chance to check on it yet with the craziness of the last few days."

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee
Fargo may or may not be the most competent kind of producer there is, but I'm pretty sure he very much wants W2 to be a successful game. Because otherwise no way the audience will kick-start any of his future titles, and I assume he would want to make at least a couple of other titles after W2. Maybe even a W3 or a Mars-based spin-off.

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee

lonters run around posted:

I salute everyone who donates WITHOUT wanting a loving statue or NPC with their name in it. I just hope it won't get too goofy!. Thanks everyone who donated $15.

I doubt it's going to get too goofy. Sure, Wasteland is wackier than Fallout, but I assume the devs will implement those things so subtly that no one will even notice. Alternatively, the statues could be a well-hidden easter egg or something.

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee
Not only has it changed, but there's already 1 backer! :v:

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee
Einstürzende Neubauten, mmm. Thanks for bringing up that band. They are indeed as post-apoc as it gets.

And the W2 Kickstarter is now at >$1.3 mil!

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee
Do we have a dedicated Kickstarter thread? I haven't been able to find one, so I'll assume this is the one. It's reasonable to assume new interesting projects will start popping up now that the model has proved to be so successful.

Anyway, this isn't a postapoc game, but it's a turn-based strategy RPG influenced by FFT and King of Dragon Pass so maybe someone will find it to his or her liking. The Banner Saga kickstarter is now live. It's being developed by a small team of ex-Bioware employees, and the art style is definitely far from Wasteland -- rather, it's cartoony in the manner of Eyvind Earle. Check out this interview as well if you want to know more about the team's vision for the game; I'm biased since I'm the one who took it, but I'd say it's a pretty interesting interview.

Sorry if this is a bit off-topic. The Kickstarter model sure is an exciting thing. :)

CrookedB fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Mar 19, 2012

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee

Tarquinn posted:

There actually is a dedicated The Banner Saga thread, started by one of the designers of the game, which should get more love.

Hey that's cool, thanks! For some reason I was looking for a Kickstarter thread, but not for a The Banner Saga thread. :doh:

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee
Heh, it's an epidemic. Dead State, Brian Mitsoda's survival zombie RPG, is heading down the Kickstarter route as well: http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,2482.0.html

We really need a dedicated Kickstarter thread. I hope someone creates one. (Not me, though; I wouldn't be able to update the OP regularly enough.)

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee
Yet another Kickstarter. :v: This time for FMV Sherlock Holmes adventure games.

Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective Adventure Mysteries

Ex-ICOM David Marsh holds the rights to the old ICOM adventures (like Shadowgate or Deja Vu), and he's looking into bring them back. They're starting with these FMV Sherlock Holmes games (supposedly it's an update of this), going back to the uncompressed footage to make the video high quality, and if there's enough funding, they'll do new episodes.

For the minimum 9$ you get all 9 games for PC/Mac DRM-free.

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee

Shadley Puffin posted:

The Consulting Detective games are barely interactive and full of terrible acting from the tray-loading, pre-MPC, even older than The 7th Guest stone age. As much as I'm not a fan of the other ICOM games and their screw-you-at-every-turn game design, I think he should have started with a Shadowgate or Deja Vu revival instead. Does he really think there's that much of a market for lukewarm Holmes?

Well, for what it's worth, here's a clarification (kind of, at least) that David Marsh has just posted on the RPGCodex:

drmarsh posted:

Hi all, thanks for posting about the games. I won't waste your time talking about why I'm making these Sherlock mysteries before my point-and-click ones (you can read that on the kickstarter site) but regardless of what happens on kickstarter, I'm going to move forward with them and then move on to Shadowgate, Deja Vu and designs for sequels that unfortunately never saw the light of day (drat you executives for making me work on SNES side scrollers!) So, we will see if the campaign gains momentum :)

[...] these games are certainly not in the hardcore gamer category but I love the genre and they are fun to solve. I'll post an update tomorrow on how they play. I think that's an oversight on my part. Also, I am sick of kickstarters that want their project to fund their company. I want to put out cool games that people can be involved in. There you go. (steps off of soapbox).

Thanks again for this thread!

Dave

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee

Casimir Radon posted:

I was kind of tempted to throw some money at the Consulting Detective restoration kickstarter. Not because the original was particularly good, it'd just be kind of cool to see what 20 year old FMV footage could look like when it didn't get the everloving gently caress compressed out of it. But between Tim Schafer and Wasteland II I've already got $80 worth of games that haven't been made yet. Even if I did, I don't think they're going to reach their goal.

Unfortunately, that does seem to be the most likely outcome. I say unfortunately not because I'm a fan of FMV adventure games (I'm not), but because David Marsh said he's got plans for remaking Shadowgate and Deja Vu and even revisiting "designs for sequels that unfortunately never saw the light of day". For that, I'd gladly donate up to $100.

By the way, the Sherlock Holmes Kickstarter page has been updated with a "How to Play the Game" section for those interested.

Rinkles posted:

Also, Tex Murphy is next Kickstarter contender. (Drive launches May 15).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GodOPoyNIYg

A new era has begun.

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee
In W2-related news, Duck and Cover, a Fallout-focused website, has put up a thread where you can presumably ask Fargo any question you want, and he's promised to answer them all.

Rinkles posted:

One of the leads guys, I think it was Stackpole, was pretty adamant about the inclusion of VOs in an interview.

True. Here's what he said exactly:

"Brian's already noted that audio is going to be a component we'll be exploiting, and I agree strongly with that. Having an actor read text can put so much more nuance into things that it really enriches the experience. I think having text available as a back-up, or as the primary source of information in places where a voice would not be appropriate (like reading a message scratched on a jail cell wall), is a good way to go. ... The trick with text is going to be to make it engaging enough that folks will want to read it."

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee
Per NMA's twitter,

"Including Kickstarter, Paypal and the NMA/Codex pledges, Wasteland 2 is now well over $1.5M."

Great.

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee
An important clarification from Brian Fargo via email:

Brian Fargo posted:

Also important to note that [Obsidian's] contribution is purely in design. We are doing all the code here.

HondaCivet posted:

So is Brian working on an official update email right now or what? Not that I don't believe RPS, I just don't want to get too excited before it's official.

He's already sent the following presser to a number of websites:

quote:

inXile to collaborate with Obsidian on the design of Wasteland 2!

Newport Beach, CA - March 30, 2012 - inXile entertainment confirmed today that they have reached an agreement with award-winning RPG developer Obsidian Entertainment to collaborate on the game design and writing for their Wasteland 2 project if the funding level reaches $2,100,000. Obsidian’s Chief Creative Officer Chris Avellone will be working directly with the design team at inXile to help bring the world of Wasteland together. Avellone stated, "Wasteland is one of my favorite RPGs of all time, and when Brian asked if I wanted to work on the sequel, I jumped at the chance. While I've worked on Fallout 2 and Fallout: New Vegas, getting the chance to work on the spiritual successor to the Fallout franchise is a honor." Brian Fargo added, “I have a history with the guys at Obsidian that dates back to the days of Interplay’s Black Isle studios. Together we created some of the greatest RPG’s of all time, from Fallout 1 & 2 to titles like Icewind Dale and Planescape: Torment. It is great that we now have a chance to reunite on a project like Wasteland 2.”

In addition to Chris Avellone's help, Obsidian will be lending the experience they have in the development of RPG games and tools to inXile. Fargo believes this collaboration will allow him to focus more energy on the game, “Obsidian has an incredible library of story, dialog and design tools that they have used to create hits like Neverwinter Nights 2, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II, and of course, Fallout: New Vegas. Regardless of the tech we use to develop the game, experience with these tools will help us efficiently design the game without wasting time and resources on the tools needed for development.”

Wasteland still has 17 days remaining until the Kickstarter funding ends. At this time the project has around 33,000 backers and has raised more than $1,650,000. In addition to the PC version, inXile has officially announced Mac OS X and Linux versions of Wasteland 2.

InXile is also announcing a solution for everyone who wants to back the project, but who live in a country where backing it on Kickstarter is just not possible. Fargo reports, “We want to let everyone know that we are now accepting PayPal pledges directly though the Wasteland web portal. Some of our biggest fans come from Germany and Eastern Europe, yet they have been unable to support us through the Kickstarter/Amazon pay system. We now have an alternative PayPal site set up for such gamers at Wasteland.inXile-entertainment.com.”

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee
Speaking of other RPG Kickstarter projects, look what has just arrived to RPG Codex email:

quote:

Witch Girls Adventure Kickstarter
My name is Malcolm.

I'm with Channel M publishing . We're working on a new project. A Game aimed at girls 11-16 called: Witch Girls: Book of shadows. The game is designed to promote not only mathematic skills, out of the box thinking and self esteem but is easy to play and very fun We have started a kick starter for it to raise funds and we could really use your help getting the word out.

You can find the kickstarter here http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/channelm/witch-girls-book-of-shadows-witch-girls-second-edi

Check it out and if you are so inclined. Spread the word.

-Malcolm
https://www.channelmlive.com

:)

EDIT. Forgot to mention it's a tabletop RPG book, not a computer RPG, and builds upon this.

CrookedB fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Apr 4, 2012

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee
Shadowrun PC turn-based RPG kick-started:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1613260297/shadowrun-returns

:3:

CrookedB fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Apr 4, 2012

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee
Higher resolution version of the new Desert Ranger concept art:

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=4985

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee
Not sure if I said so earlier, but I threw in $265.

And we're really close to $3mil now (with Paypal). Here's hoping for the mod tools! :v:

Also, Quarex must do an LP! It's going to be great for sure.

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee
Hell yeah, mod tools!!! Thanks sassassin!!

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee
The West Wind
Ninjentleman
Human Folly
A Vicious Pug

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee
Interestingly, No Mutants Allowed have started their own screenshot Let's Play of Wasteland: http://nma-fallout.com/article.php?id=61154

Pretty sure Quarex's will be better, though. ;)

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee
Speaking of buckles and other accessories...

InXile and J!NX to Create Clothing and Accessories Line Based on Wasteland 2

quote:

Newport Beach, CA - September 25, 2012 - InXile Entertainment today announced an exclusive clothing and accessories line with the premier name in gaming and geek clothing. J!NX creates the clothing for the biggest franchises in the industry such as World of Warcraft, Minecraft, League of Legends and Portal 2.

Wasteland 2 is a highly anticipated Role-Playing Game that was recently fan funded via Kickststarter for approximately 3 million dollars.

"We are excited to be in such great company with the other games that J!NX represents and for the quality product they produce," said Brian Fargo. "Wasteland 2 has a distinct visual look that lends itself perfectly to apparel."

“As a long-time fan of Wasteland, and a day 1 backer on the Wasteland 2 Kickstarter, I couldn’t be more psyched to be working together with a legendary designer like Brian Fargo and his crew at InXile," said Sean Gailey, Co-founder and CCO of J!NX.

http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/109563-inxile-and-jnx-to-create-clothing-and-accessories-line-based-on-wasteland-2.html

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee
So it looks like Brian Fargo has other, even more ambitious plans besides Wasteland 2. The latest scoop is, he has acquired the Torment (as in Planescape: Torment) IP recently: http://www.rpgcodex.net/article.php?id=8650; http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/110214-brian-fargo-acquires-torment-ip-rights-spiritual-successor-in-the-works.html

The gist of this is that Planescape and Torment are two different trademarks. The former has been discontinued by Wizards of the Coast, but the latter has been grabbed by Fargo. So it'll be a spiritual successor to Torment rather than a direct sequel.

So what do we know at this point? It is known that this project is still in its very early stage. It is known that Colin McComb, Chris Avellone's second on Planescape: Torment, is involved. It is also rumored that the core of the writing team will consist more of book writers rather than pure game designers, which may be controversial. It isn't known in what role Chris Avellone might be involved, if any.

And that's pretty much it.

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee
Speaking of which...

http://www.indiegogo.com/SaveInterplay

quote:

Save Interplay

Its time to end the madness. Help us buy a majority stake in Interplay, and either save her, or give her the funeral it deserves.

:cheers:

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee
Great stuff. Funnily, the feature that has me excited the most is the keyword-based dialogue system and the ability to type in keywords using the parser. Ideally it should allow for a lot more flexibility than dialogue trees, provided they can implement it right.

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee
Torment: Tides of Numenera official website is now up: https://torment.inxile-entertainment.com/, and InXile also wants you to create a community account to comment/vote on the possible pledge rewards: https://torment.uservoice.com/forums/194182-pledge-rewards

I think we might need a separate Torment 2 thread soon, if anyone's up for making such a thread.

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee
New update and prison level video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdmGthYqTbo

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee
I am disappointed that RPG Codex hasn't been mentioned yet whereas NMA and DaC have. Clearly we need to step up our game.

As for the W2 delay, as one who is supposed to get access to the beta I am okay with that. I say let them polish the build before they release it; that way we backers can actually focus our attention on the content and not the stupid bugs.

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee

NihilCredo posted:

Are there any cheat codes? I've wandered around a couple areas and I've decided I really don't care for the 1980s RPG gameplay, but I'd still like to see how the game unfolds and get familiar with the setting.

You could just edit the data with a hex editor: http://wasteland.wikispaces.com/Character+Data. That's generally the way cheating works for the older games.

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee
BN, you should use [ timg ] instead of [ img ] when linking pics.

Also the red numbers next to the green bar are barely readable, at least in that screenshot. (Just nitpicking, of course.)

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee
Some impressions from an RPG Codex user who took part in the closed beta test of the game:

quote:

Full disclosure: I started playing Wasteland 2 about two weeks ago, and there have been about six or seven patches since then; the game has seen really big improvements even in the span of those two weeks. Up to now I've provided inXile with 4 documents' worth of feedback totaling about 60 pages and 12,000 words, and was probably responsible for delaying the beta by another week or two, as well as for the premature hair loss of several employees (sorry).
  • To me, the game feels like Fallout 1 & 2 (more Fallout 1 scale but with the "feel" of Fallout 2), but also with Wasteland's trademark style of humour. Wasteland 2 does not quite feel like a 100% direct Wasteland sequel due the different art style, combat, perspective, etc., but neither is it a clone of Fallout.
  • The story so far is nothing special, however, dialogue with characters is often very lengthy and well-written (typos exempt). There is definitely plenty of stuff to laugh at and lots of funny references, but I think they fit in way better with Wasteland than with Fallout. However, the game also does not go overboard; it's far more tonally consistent than some games even when it mixes in some more bizarre stuff.
  • Jesus gently caress Mark Morgan is a god. The soundtrack right now is really loving good.

• The combat is very good. Right now it's easily on par with the new XCOM (and plays very similarly, with a near-equivalent cover system and square grid movement), but perhaps a bit more mechanically sophisticated due to ammo types and that sort of thing. It's not Jagged Alliance or 7.62, but it's some of the best turn-based party-based combat I have played in the context of a traditional CRPG. It's also surprisingly challenging (and it got bumped up significantly over the last couple weeks once I started giving feedback).
  • Similarly, encounter design and enemy behavior in combat is solid. There is good variety in enemy weaponry and types, and different enemies have different abilities that can change how you will fight them. Right now I think that enemies could do more with stuff like area effects (grenades, toxic gas, whatever) but I don't think grenades are implemented yet, so that might be why.
  • Note: combat is not optional. You cannot stealth through the entire game or talk through every fight. I think at times some parts feel a bit too combat-heavy and monotonous; however, despite there being a bit much combat at times for my tastes, it's still well broken up with dialogue and situation-specific challenges in the environment.

• The character system is great: simple and easy to understand, but with plenty of options. Everything fits into 10-point scales, but depending on the skill and the tier, there are different costs (i.e. it costs more to unlock a skill than to put points in once it's level 1). You don't get too many points for each level-up so you do have to think about how you spend them, and I do not think it will be possible to max out everything across your entire party (though realistically you can probably eventually get about 75-80% of the way).
  • Although skill balance right now is a bit limited (they simply need more opportunities to use certain skills), the majority of them feel useful and rewarding. Unlike, say, Fallout: New Vegas, there are in fact skills targeted towards both the early and late game, so not everything is useful right from the start, and there are some which logically have more uses than others, which I actually kinda like. Like other old-school RPGs, there are a lot of options to use skills in the environment organically without being told to, and most skill use is actually done outside of dialogue for a change.

• Right now two of my biggest complaints are quest design and lack of C&C. There are actually a lot of quests, but usually there's only one or two major quests with much in the way of multiple solutions per-location. There's also a lack of reactivity beyond one big choice you make early on, which admittedly does have very significant consequences. That's not to say it's bad (and there are a few quests that are very good this way), just not quite up to, say, Fallout 2 standards yet. Just bear in mind it's a work-in-progress and that a lot of the time, new quest options and consequences to different resolutions are often one of the last things added during development. I've talked a lot with Thomas about this, and this is a priority for inXile to work on right now.
  • The other big complaint I have is the UI. I think most of the HUD itself is great, however, the character screen, inventory and other menus need a lot of work (aesthetically; functionality is quite good). I think inXile already have plans to overhaul the UI so you don't need to waste breath complaining about it, but maybe some aspiring Codex artists could do a mock-up or two to help out?
Anyway, that's about it for now. It's worth noting that all my complaints right now are mostly WIP-related or things the devs already know about, which bodes well in my opinion. Overall I think it's very promising; Wasteland 2 is definitely fun and engaging, which is the most important part.

quote:

Generally speaking, maps are pretty open; they all have multiple paths/routes that intersect with each other (both indoor and outdoor). Some of those paths are gated by skill use or sub-objectives. There is one huge town map that is very open; the other two major locations are a bit more linear and "dungeon crawly", but, well, it makes sense in context of those locations. Overall it's a very good balance and I have no complaints.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee

NOT PAUL LAYTON posted:

Another really irksome thing which strongarms your party composition is the way dialogue skills work--only the character you had selected at the moment of a dialogue prompt is able to use dialogue skills in conversation, even though you appear to be able to switch out the character who's talking by clicking on their portrait. As a result, the only way to use persuasion is to put all the persuasion skills on one character, and then make sure that you're always controlling that character while moving around, lest a surprise encounter trigger your idiot bruiser while he's leading the charge. Again, I hope this is a bug, since the ability to switch characters by clicking the conversation portrait would imply to me that they meant it to work more elegantly than it does.

That's a known bug, from what I've heard.

• Locked thread