Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Does anyone know of a good LP for Wasteland? I found a few with a cursory youtube search, but they... aren't great. Doesn't seem there are any goon-done LPs for it either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

There was a time when being slashdotted would practically kill your site, it was so popular. But... does anyone actually give a poo poo about it now? Honest question, how many people regular Slashdot but not other PC gaming sites like RPS?

Sites are likely set up to handle a lot more traffic than they were in 1998, that's probably the main difference. Youtube stars with huge fanbases are the new slasdot effect. Whenever Total Biscuit does an impression video of some little indie game, the game's download site usually crashes.

I threw in 15 bucks for this. I never got to play the original, but I likes me some Fallout and post-apocalyptic stuff in general. And I really like the idea of developers and fans getting together to make games and telling publishers to take a flying leap. The more games that get made this way, the better.

Did anyone go tell the people in the New Vegas thread or the Vampire Bloodlines thread (since it's the same story guy, I guess?) about this?

Edit: You know what I'll just go tell the Vampire thread, instead of being passive and lazy about it.

BobTheJanitor fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Mar 14, 2012

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Nanpa posted:

Wait, are they sharing writers? Who and what have they done?

The guy listed as the Wasteland 2 writer, Jason Anderson, was the creative director on VtM: Bloodlines, and also one of the guys that founded Troika games. Of course creative director is a broad title, so I don't know if he was intimately involved in making Bloodlines such an awesome game, or if he just got Brian Mitsoda his coffee in the morning.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Well, Total Biscuit just posted a video about this Kickstarter (and that other not so hot Kickstarter), so that's going to be some good publicity.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Woo, this was worth staying up late for. It's an arbitrary number, though. They'll probably break 1.5 or 2 million by the end. But still, yay, it's officially really absolutely going to happen now.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Xik posted:

If anyone wants to get their fix of a post-apocalyptic survival game, NEO Scavenger is looking to be a great little game, despite still being extremely early in development. The guy worked at Bioware for 7 years working on AAA RPG's before leaving and starting his own thing, expect good things.

I picked up a med kit in the first room and then I didn't have an inventory to put it in. It just stuck on my cursor and I couldn't do anything else. I clicked around the screen for 2 or 3 minutes and gave up on it. I guess I should give it another shot.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Saoshyant posted:

New email update:

That's pretty awesome. Between the heartwarming stories of the neighbor and the former pirate who dontated 10 grand, and his ideas for 'kick it forward' it's like Brian Fargo is trying to make me shed a single manly tear. I wonder if the 'wealthy software industry individual' is Notch again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Just started playing around with this over the weekend. I planned to hold out until release, but it seems close enough now that I'm not too worried about any drastic changes. Are all the conversation skills actually going to lead to good outcomes each time you can use them? It seems like being a smart-rear end is just going to piss people off and maybe get you some amusing dialogue, so I haven't invested any points into it so far, when I could be shooting better or disabling traps or hacking computers or whatever.

Also is there any point to the split inventory system? It seems to only make things more fiddly for no reason. I saw that I was still able to transfer a gun and some ammo from one character's inventory to another mid-combat. So if it effectively acts like one big communal backpack, why isn't it just set up that way? And are these temporary followers going to run off with anything in 'their' inventory at some point? I'm leery about leaving any stuff with them in case they suddenly leave for story reasons and my junk goes with them.

• Locked thread