Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

quote:

Create a womans-friendly corporate culture.

If all else fails, just boss of company and create a womans-friendly corporate culture. It’s simple as suddenly becoming CEO, then letting employees know it okay to be a womans even at the office and Expect Great Things at Kohls free shipping over $75 WOW! Doing this lets your team know you prioritize your womans-time and so they can too. #KonMari.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

And, of course:

Climate Change Denier Battens Down Worldview To Weather Hurricane Irma

http://www.theonion.com/article/climate-change-denier-battens-down-worldview-weath-56883

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

They belted out a lot today.

quote:

‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens

quote:

At press time, residents of the only economically advanced nation in the world where roughly two mass shootings have occurred every month for the past eight years were referring to themselves and their situation as “helpless.”

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

quote:

“As an architect of an illegal war waged over fabricated evidence, I’ll grant that Bush is something of an expert on this subject.”
This articulates how my brain reacted when it read about the Bush speech, only it said, "Th' gently caress?" with my mouth instead.

doctorfrog has a new favorite as of 05:29 on Oct 22, 2017

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Guy Who Moved to NYC Six Months Ago Lauds Onion Post Poking Fun at Different Guy Who Moved There Slightly Later

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Yesterday's no-good teen busboys had to smoke cigarettes out back in the alleyway.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

This but for Garrison Keillor.

Area Woman Quietly Satisfied To Have Concrete Evidence Backing Up Years-Long Hatred Of Matt Lauer

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I know a painter named Paige. I think she probably got a zillion people sending this to her, even though her boyfriend is super supportive.

A funny, subtly demeaning meme aimed at a more functional relationship than one's own is going to trump the truth any day.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

calandryll posted:

A Very Fatal Murder was just released. I'm on the first couple of episodes of so far. Cover pretty much every trope in murder podcasts ever.

Hoping this is the perfect palate cleanser after hearing some of the more gut-wrenching Small Town Dicks (which is not an onion podcast) episodes.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Lysidas posted:

Yeah - this is fantastic. I loved the boxbox.com ad.

It captures the tone so well my hand strays for the "skip fifteen seconds ahead" button when I hear an ad.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

veni veni veni posted:

Is there something to hate about those google/alexa things? I've never used one and feel very neutral about them existing.

It's either:
  • your friend or roomate has one and has become more insufferable as a result of using it or crowing about it
  • you have seen at least one film or read at least one book in which people live in a state of constant surveillance, and were previously doubtful that people would not only invite such a device into their homes, but also pay money for the privilege
  • it's a non-sequitur and therefore funny

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Must be his wife in the bathroom https://local.theonion.com/twas-hubris-led-me-here-thinks-naked-woman-sitting-o-1819580343

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

quote:

You know, Daddy, you don’t have to work on your website forever. Maybe you could get a different job! My friend Madison’s daddy is a doctor. He helps sick people get better.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaW0M6V85j8

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

The Onion article is what spurred me to look for the shooting, and I eventually found it, two clicks and a scroll halfway through my newsfeed.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

that finale

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Weak-Willed Intellectual Infant Checks To See How Many More Pages Left In Book Chapter

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

it's kinda the web site version of those t-shirts that say "Enjoy Jesus Christ" instead of "Enjoy Coca-Cola."

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Ugh, Morgan, how are you so good at everything.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

I'm the © © nipples

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Fisher-Price Recalls Dangerous 30-Foot-Tall High Chair

https://www.theonion.com/fisher-price-recalls-dangerous-30-foot-tall-high-chair-1838749032

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

zoux posted:

I was one of the first people to say the obelisk was good, folks. Love the runes, make a lot of people mad, but that's ok, I'm looking very strongly into voting for the runes, and we're going to do that.

I'm a rune voter. Sure, this is not my ideal obelisk, but its positioning on the m̵̜͂̎ą̸̤̝̂i̵̛̭̻̼͝n̸͈̲̞͗̿ ̶̛̫̱̌̿w̴̩̬̾̓ë̴͚́̄̚d̸̗̫̐̉̈́ͅg̷̘͋͝ë̶̪͛ ̷͖̆͜ŗ̷̭͒̅û̴͙ṉ̷͠ͅë̴̯͛̚ş̸̤̱̌̚

*drools*

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Haunting Photographs Capture Empty Spaces Around The Country Amid Shelter-In-Place Orders

it's a series of photos of various glory holes

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

This got a bonus guffaw from me due to my recent re-reading of George's Marvelous Medicine.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Watch What Happens When You Zoom In On This Bread

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Kids these days don’t understand how important batteries once were. Every toy I had ran on some sort of replaceable battery and there were never enough of them. I would have really appreciated Elmo coming over to slice open his abdomen so I could grab as many batteries out of the inside of his body as I wanted.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Quaker Oats Replaces Historically Racist Aunt Jemima Mascot With Black Female Lawyer Who Enjoys Pancakes Sometimes

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

quote:

“For years, people have flocked here to see Mount Rushmore, but now South Dakota is also a great place to just come and die,” said Gov. Kristi Noem in a prepared statement, which touted the dwindling availability of ICU beds, lack of a statewide mask mandate, and opportunity to take one’s last, fluid-filled breaths amidst the scenic backdrop of Badlands National Park.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

https://www.theonion.com/nation-s-gimps-crawl-on-washington-demanding-unfair-tre-1846599479

quote:

“Tread on me!”

Only registered members can see post attachments!

doctorfrog has a new favorite as of 20:40 on Apr 12, 2021

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Really saw Ted Cruz in that photo for a second

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Germany Imposes Nationwide Lockdown For Unvaccinated People

quote:

“Geographically speaking, this is exactly like Nazi Germany.”
-- Yakub Mckenna, Poison Flavorist

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

I like to think Maine's most popular search term is not a list, but in fact, the #1 most common search, verbatim, by thousands of very specific New Englanders.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

https://www.theonion.com/special-orders-chefs-hate-the-most-and-why-1848414343/slides/14

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

:drat:

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

KillHour posted:

I get that it's part of the joke that there's an ad between every sentence, but it's really annoying.

If so, my adblocker didn't get the joke: I didn't see a single one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

This one entered my head for no reason I can account for today

Okay, Ladies, Now Let’s Get In Formation: 5 Ridiculously Fun Bachelorette Party Destinations Where You Can Lap Up Gallons Of Cola And Rip rear end With Your Best Gals

https://clickhole.com/okay-ladies-now-let-s-get-in-formation-5-ridiculousl-1836833007/