Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

voting third party posted:

I really like the (YELLOW RIBBON) with an arrow.

But where's lady liberty? :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

goons.html

More specifically,

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

Crimean Voters Excited To Exercise Democracy For Last Time

Not so funny :mad:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

It looks like it was removed based on youtube rules, so there's no reason it couldn't be hosted somewhere else. Unfortunately I didn't see it in time as I was at work, so if anyone comes across a mirror, that'd be nice.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

It's from July 2008 sooooooo...

Study Finds Humans Only Animals Capable Of Recognizing Former Selves In Mirror.

Yep, I'm pretty sure the writers are doing just fine.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

Also here: Busted! A Coworker Who Never Dresses Up Thought He Could Wear Nice Clothes And Not Have Everyone Make A Big Deal Out Of It

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

I don't think I ever tried one of these before but they're both pretty great.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

This Will Change The Way You Watch ‘Apocalypse Now'
Francis Ford Coppola’s ‘Apocalypse Now’ is one of the most brilliant and complex war films ever made. Here are some incredible behind-the-scenes stories that will change the way you watch ‘Apocalypse Now’ forever.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Did I just get Kellyed? This is a parody website, right? RIGHT!?!
I just watched a bit of another video where they wanted to show how in a Bourne movie, the hero supposedly disappears off screen during a moment when two extras walk past the camera, but you can actually see a piece of his jacket behind a truck that he's using to hide. It took them like 90 seconds to show this 5 second scene, all while also recapping some unnecessary backstory.

At least cinemasins seems to be self-aware and are nitpicking just for fun.

This is CineD on a good day. Which reminds me that we should do another one of those subtext competitions.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

This pretty much settles that Diamond Joe is operating on an entirely different level than that lame-rear end Kerry.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

That was pretty good.

Here's stupid one: http://www.theonion.com/slideshow/40-numbers-under-40-32809

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

You People Made Me Give Up My Peanut Farm Before I Got To Be President

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

Glad to see I'm not the only one :(

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

Onion pretty on-point, as usual.

Frustrated Russian Officials Struggling To Get Any Policies Through Dysfunctional Trump Administration

Man Leaves Position He Would Kill For 3 Years From Now To Pursue Dream Job

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

This is pretty good, I love the paintings: http://www.theonion.com/video/paleontologists-discover-skeleton-of-natures-first-14320

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

George W. Bush Warns Of Rise Of Conspiracy Theories

Evil Mastermind posted:

Yeah, AV Club moved to Kinja a month or two ago, losing its good comments software and the easy-to-navigate article categories.
It's not a big deal for the Onion as I just read a few random stories occasionally, but I pretty much stopped going to the AV Club because the whole site became borderline incomprehensible.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1086748898612465665

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1367506409802379264