Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aquamans Hook
Jan 29, 2005
If you’re actually looking to have an MMO experience with other people, you should absolutely start on a TLP server.

I started playing in 2000 with Kunark and was off and on through GOD. After that I would occasionally sub back in for a month or two through about 2014. Recently I decided to play again with boxing so I started back up Bertoxxulous where my characters are and the server is completely dead outside of end game. This suits me fine because I mostly want to do classic content but with the ease and quickness of modern EQ, boxing and mercs. I don’t have the time these days for the traditional grind so it’s nice to be able to blow through content that would otherwise take a real commitment.

If you’re looking to play without boxing though, live is going to be a lonely road. I’ve seen zero low level characters that aren’t being PL’d and it’s a long way to end game where there is a population. Another drawback is that the bazaar is dead for level appropriate equipment. Outside of defiant gear you’re going to need to camp any drops you need.

To echo everyone else - do yourself a favor and roll on a TLP server.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU