Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gabbleduck
Mar 13, 2011

Three hots an' a cot.
2nd Class Citizen is your name an Area-7 reference?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gabbleduck
Mar 13, 2011

Three hots an' a cot.
I really liked the video to that. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blO3EtP_D10

SmokinDan posted:

The only album that I really love from them is their self-titled. But that's only really because I listened the poo poo out of it when I was 10 while playing multiplayer 1080 Snowboarding and Goldeneye on the N64.

Same except swap that snowboarding game for diddykong racing and add 1999 Hottest 100.

Gabbleduck
Mar 13, 2011

Three hots an' a cot.
Smith Street are ridiculously tight.

Count Choc, did you see them at the Annandale?

Gabbleduck
Mar 13, 2011

Three hots an' a cot.

hyperbowl posted:

Can't believe they're continuing the tour with only a handful of missed dates. Apparently the guitarist copped 70 stitches and 3 days in hospital after breaking up some violence at the Byron gig last week.

I saw that, man!

True story.

Gabbleduck
Mar 13, 2011

Three hots an' a cot.

Leercore posted:

What happened that earned him so many stitches? Sounds like he jumped in front of a knife fight or something.

This drunk dude was being a dick swinging around a full bottle of spirits during the Smith Streets set. The guitarist from the Bennies (who is like 6'8), led him out side and the guy cracked it over him.

Some of the cuts were a hair away from hitting some nerves in his arm, so a tiny difference and he would never have been able to play again.

The 'venue' was a space a couple of metres squared in like, an office space. At the start of the set I remember Will from Smith Street saying something like, "There's so few places that will do all ages shows, so lets respect this place so we can keep it." or something, and then that happens.

Any who, because the show was cut short, Will did a couple of acoustic songs to finish of the set on the beach.

So yeah, completely unprovoked act of senseless drunk violence.

Gabbleduck
Mar 13, 2011

Three hots an' a cot.

Count Chocula posted:

What's the full story on The Bennies?
Yeah, about 3 or 4 times, including last Friday. My first time was last year at Blood Sweat & Beers. It was great that they sold it out but there were a few douchebags hassling people in the pit.

Is the giant guy at every Smith Street show who invades the stage and sings with them and hugs randoms a goon? He looks like a stereotypical one.

Wil just quietly put out a new acoustic EP. Listen to 'Laika', but hug your dog first.

I was going down the coast last week seeing them, but didn't get into the Annandale 'cause it was sold out :argh:, but at any of their other shows only people from Bomb and the Bennies got up on stage?

Gabbleduck
Mar 13, 2011

Three hots an' a cot.
The only thing I'd ad is that the guy wasn't a fan, he was just one of the owners friends.

Gabbleduck
Mar 13, 2011

Three hots an' a cot.
Any thoughts on Warped Tour coming?

quote:

Blink 182’s set at the first stop on the Soundwave festival tour in Brisbane has come with an added bonus: The shock announcement that the Vans Warped tour will be returning to Australia in December 2013.

Soundwave boss AJ Maddah will team up with Warped founder Kevin Lyman to bring the festival back to Australia and has confirmed that the tour will travel to Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and a couple of regional centres on the east coast. Perth will not be on the schedule. Although there are some similarities between Warped and Soundwave, Maddah says that the two festivals have different concepts: “Warped is about mayhem & DIY punk rock spirit [while] SW is about delivering a slick & orchestrated day of performances.” The Australian dates for Warped 2013 are expected to be announced in April or May.

While there’s no word yet on who will be making the journey to Australia for Warped later this year, the bill for the North American version of the festival could provide a few hints. The lineup which will tour America from June to August this year includes Reel Big Fish, The Used,Memphis May Fire, Black Veil Brides and Letlive plus many bands currently touring Australia with Soundwave including Bring Me the Horizon, Motion City Soundtrack, Amity Affliction, The Wonder Years and Sleeping With Sirens.

The Warped Tour began in 1995 and was one of the world’s first touring rock festivals. In January 1998 the tour visited Australia for the first time when Frontier Touring presented a lineup which included Pennywise, Frenzal Rhomb, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, The Porkers, 311, Blink 182, The Vandals, The Living End andBodyjar. The nine date tour of the east coast visited the Gold Coast, Byron Bay, Coffs Harbour, Sydney, Ulladulla, Newcastle, Adelaide, Melbourne and Geelong.

The festival returned the following year with Pennywise, Frenzel Rhomb,Grinspoon, MxPx, The Porkers, Deftones, Unwritten Law, Front End Loader, Swingin Utters, Nancy Vandal, Hepcat, Cherry Poppin Daddies, Area 7 and more. Bad Religion and The Specials were also booked but were later replaced by Suicidal Tendencies and Less Than Jake.

Michael Chugg, who had worked on the tour while at Frontier Touring, also bought the tour to Australia with his own touring company in 2002 with a lineup that featured Pennywise, MxPx, The Vandals, New Found Glory, Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Frenzal Rhomb, Eskimo Joe, 28 Days, Bodyjar, and Area 7.

I haven't bothered with Soundwave since 2009 because of the direction it's gone towards bigger bands/higher ticket costs. They probably won't even be that different, but at least Warped Tour might actually put on Australian acts. There isn't really any exposure for punk bands in Australia besides, what, community radio like 4ZZZ?
Those old tour line-ups are sick.
http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/news/local/35004/Vans-Warped-tour-returning-to-Australia-in-December-2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gabbleduck
Mar 13, 2011

Three hots an' a cot.

Cloud the Cat posted:

I was thinking about posting these guys in the Punk thread but I have no idea how they'd be received.

Anyway, these guys are really cool, they sound really unique and worth a listen!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_S5Ztgkpj0

A couple of US goons like them! They've toured heaps in the US recently

When I first heard them what really stood out to me was that he was singing in his natural accent. His lyrics are so conversational and flow so easy, it's actually really impressive imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKoba6dVqIw

They are one of those bands that pour everything into their live performances.

• Locked thread