Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

MC Eating Disorder posted:

Yeah they're just a blatently iconoclastic band with a lot of showmanship and a pretty good idea of how to make music; they sort of remind me a little of Frenzal in that regard. The only TISM cd I really have in rotation much any more is the Machines Against the Rage live disc that came with my copy of Machiavelli and the Four Seasons, its a good retrospective and they're a loving amazing live band.

On TISM talk, I was watching the Thunderbirds are Coming Out clip on page 2 for the first time in a while, and was that Scott from Tripod in a band called Webster? For some reason I have an album by them I pulled out of a bargin bin somewhere at some point and that kind of blew my mind a little bit.

Also every time I watch that video I'm reminded of 28 days and I smile a little inside for my 14-15 year old self

They had a lot of pretty drat good introspective lyrics and song themes too. They get passed up a lot by being a bit "shocky" to more mainstream listeners but they have way more thought put into them then people think.

Greg! The stop sign is one of the most inspirational songs ive ever heard. Im not even kidding.. even if they were.

Meanwhile as of late ive been rather into Jack Ladder and his new band the Dreamlanders and really thought their album from last year "Hurtsville" was reaaaaaly underrated and undercharted.

It gets a lot of comparirsons to Cave, Cohen etc... but I find his voice and overall style unique enough and thoroughly enjoyable. The lyrics arent always the best though but forgivable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CviqQkJ1Q0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtVqIGfDNMk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread