Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
How can there be Aus Rock chat and no mention of the Beasts of Bourbon?

The band that made Tex Perkins almost semi-famous and lasted (on and off) more than 20 years.

Released a bunch of great albums, probably the best being The Low Road in the early '90s

The live video of From The Belly Of The Beasts captures a blistering performance and shows why they were one of the great Aussie live rock acts of the '90s (unfortunately there doesn't appear to be any clips of it on YouTube)

As someone who came of age in Perth in the '90s I kinda miss the depth of live music and venues.

I'm know most if not all of the pubs/clubs such as the Grosvenor, The Loft, Ozone, Planet, the Lone Star (and heaps more that I can't fr the life of me remember the names of) are long gone.

So many memorable gigs, I think my all-time favourite would've been the triple-bill of Ammonia and Tumbleweed ( i think? oh god so many braincells lost since then) supporting Swervedriver at Planet nightclub :worship:

ROFLBOT fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Nov 6, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
Spiderbait were pretty hot that year from memory, they would've done well regardless (did they even have email voting back then anyway?)

I totally called Tame Impala to carve up the top 10 :smug:

ROFLBOT fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jan 26, 2013

• Locked thread