Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

If what's been going on with enemies constantly re-engaging is that their morale number keeps bouncing around the fight/flight threshold, a way that I've seen other games get around similar things is to apply a bonus penalty to morale when they fall through the threshold, so they are guaranteed to spend a while demoralized.

Also, I bought the game in the Groupees bundle a while back. Are you giving Steam keys to people who bought it there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

JHVH-1 posted:

Pardon if this has come up before, but any chance of getting cloud support?

Also it would be neat to get some kind of leaderboard or just personal stats (gametime, some kind of log of starting traits, some numbers on which ones you play most etc). Numbers are cool.

Highest number of squirrels trapped in one game.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

I made it to the DMC for the first time but spooked the bank teller into hiring a guard. I found some posts on the internet from a few months ago saying I was hosed; is there any other way to advance that's been implemented yet?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Fetterkey posted:

I actually really don't like the Blue Rot, it seems like one of the biggest flaws of the game at present. Overall it feels extremely luck-based to me, and doesn't seem particularly realistic (pneumonic plague can be treated by normal antibiotics in real life, much less future nanotech medicine). The fact that an important plot area has lots of it doesn't really help matters.

I dunno, as far as features in postapocalyptic settings go a drug-resistant superbug is pretty realistic compared to most everything else in this game (eg the mutants and paranormal encounters).

Haven't played the game in a few months so I don't have an opinion on whether it's too deadly as currently implemented. I had only died to it once, the first time I got the encounter where you can try and help the infected woman.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

ZobarStyl posted:

Trapping can get you past the Hatter quest and give you a free DMC bracelet. It really is an indispensable skill - any playthrough that I leave it off I end up struggling to just get through the first few days of cold/hunger/thirst. I'd say it was OP but it really does fit the theme of the game - having wilderness survival skills would be a huge boon in the post apocalypse.

Sure, but Trapping could plausibly be split into two skills. For example "survival" or something could cover starting fires, the scavenging bonus, and curing meat, while a skill that either retains the name "trapping" or maybe called "hunting" would give you the ability to build squirrel traps and skin animals.

In this situation I'd probably take both anyway and give up a convenience skill like the one that gives you more movement, but it's still some penalty.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

IIRC one of the more recent patch notes said he buffed the wraith substantially.

Tin Tim posted:

Oh, btw, could you look over the time it takes for meat to spoil again? Like, I always thought that it's silly to have fresh meat spoil so drat fast.

The meat spoils when it hits 0% durability, but unfortunately the easiest source of meat (squirrel corpses) like to spawn at low durability %'s even when you get them by trapping them. If anything I think squirrel corpses you get by scavenging with the squirrel trap should spawn at 85% or higher durability.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

evilmiera posted:

I've gotten myself mostly stable now, though I really wish I had better armor and weapons. Any spoilers on where I might score some better loot, or is that always entirely randomized beyond the quests?

The best weapons that aren't guns are gotten by crafting, with the exception of the compound bow which is thankfully pretty common at the junk market.

I don't remember ever finding body armor or anything to reduce damage taken in fights, and I'm not sure if they exist (maybe the cops have some but I've never tried to kill them). On the plus side this means that if you get one or two arrow hits on anyone that means you've basically won the fight.

e: I'd meant to ask since I found it while last playing a month or two ago: what does the Three Wolf Moon shirt do? Besides be hilarious, that is.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

evilmiera posted:

Which mod would that be?

I think there's an xml somewhere in the game files you can tune by hand.

I found out something fun: you can wear two binoculars around your neck at once. Good condition ones are worth like 50 bucks so free money!

Jarf posted:

Sling and pebbles is the best.

Stones are pretty much nukes, crushing and destroying everything they hit.

Is the sling a better choice than the bow? I usually craft the bow and spear ASAP and can take out Bad Muthas most times but always get wrecked every time I get jumped by dogmen or infected by the blue frog guys so I haven't ever made it to Grayling or Saginaw.

Or are you expected to have a gun and ammo by the time you go north?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Tin Tim posted:

One hot tip is to use athletic to become the king of spear combat. Like, the spear can stab at three tiles range, and the almost 100% sure sprint option from athletic allows you to stay at 3 tiles at basically all times. You need to get a bit of feel for the combat flow and for what enemies are likely to do, but I've been constantly owning human melee enemies without having any melee skill myself. Oh, and I'm not sure what skill gives you the obstacle/leg trip moves, but they are also really great for spear fighting. Get your enemy to trip, advance to 3 tiles range while they stand up and then stab. Bonus points if they trip while being in stab range already.

What I'm saying is that I'm the king of the wasteland as long as you don't have a gun :v:

I think obstacle and leg trip come from strong and melee but I could be wrong because I've tried to skimp out on those since they got super expensive.

There's also this "lure into a trap" move that seems to never fail that comes with trapping which is another example of how trapping is the king of skills.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

After switching Medic out of my builds I've died a couple of times to septicema after getting cut and not having any clean rags or cans/saucepans to boil them clean. Is there a reliable way to beat infections - does pounding tannin tea and/or lucky antobiotics really do much?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

When I last played (months ago) dogmen meat was definitely safe.

Related, does the meat at Zom Zom's give you problems since it's obviously human?

Oh yeah, has anyone figured out the best way (skills, items, etc) to find the most stuff from Grayling?

• Locked thread