Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

particle409 posted:

Agreed. I want a game that makes me fight my fellow man for the remaining cans of peaches. I want to craft weapons from sign posts and car bumpers. That's what post-apocalyptic means to me. I forgot to add the STALKER series, they did add some decent post-apocalyptic stuff to the genre.

STALKER isn't really post-apocalyptic, the rest of the world outside the zone is doing fine. But the tone is really great; a lot of games set after the end aren't really about living after the apocalypse, STALKER and this game really feel like your out there, struggling to survive. It's sort of like The Road to Fallout's Mad Max.

The game is really tough, but right now Athletic/Medic/Tracking/Night Vision/Feeble/Metabolism is hilariously overpowered. You can move six hexes a turn, almost never get followed, and can get the medpack right out of the gate, plus night vision makes scavenging a lot less risky and much more rewarding. Feeble is pretty much meaningless (in the demo, at least) because you never pick up enough to weigh you down. If the permadeath is going to stay for the whole game, then I'd recommend not nerfing those skills but instead boosting the others so people have a reason to pick builds other than this one.

The only other thing I can think of right now is that thirst is too quick to set in; without the metabolism skill you spend most of the game desperately searching for water. Maybe make it so that you can run into rivers and streams that let you refill all your containers at once?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Xik posted:

I'm not sure anymore. I just loaded it up and noticed that it's no longer possible.

It's normally a blue button in the corner with these:

It looks like the release has been rolled back, it's now 0.921b but according to the OP I had put that the latest is 0.921d a couple days ago. Maybe sneaking isn't in this build?

Are recipes a Beta only thing? I'm not getting them in the demo either.

• Locked thread