Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
This game does look pretty awesome, actually. I am glad you posted about it in the Wasteland 2 thread so I could hear about it in the first place! I imagine there will be a lot of overlap between this game and that one in the fanbase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

particle409 posted:

We have the Fallout series and... Wasteland? Turn based hexes, sign me up!
Do not forget Fountain of Dreams, Bad Blood, Burntime, Scavengers of the Mutant World, 2400 A.D., Roadwar 2000, Roadwar: Europa, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., and Metro 2033!

That said, all of those games that play even remotely similarly to the games you discussed were made over 20 years ago, so, yeah, this is definitely a good niche to fill.

I just decided to check Wikipedia to see if I got them all, and they suggest another like ~100 games that are post-apocalyptic, but I completely disagree with a lot of them. Kingdom Hearts? Epic Mickey? Still, I suppose Gears of War, Half-Life 2, and all the zombie games should probably count, but that is a very different feel for the apocalypse.

• Locked thread