Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
I got a medkit in the first area where you wake up but I couldn't actually figure out how to USE it.

Also, this game seems really cool, but drat is the interface clunky. It's also really irritating how you can scale it smoothy up to full screen without text and stuff getting hideous. There are so many tiny items.

Still, it's pretty fun to wander around with a plastic shopping bag full of dirty water and gummi bears, hiding from mutants and trying to survive the night!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
Ugh. So obvious. I'll remember that next time. Thanks.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
Newspapers should roll up to water bottle size, not take up the entire backpack. :mad:

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Orgone Accumulator posted:

You know it'd be kinda neat if you had the option to either surrender to a looter when in bad shape or have them be able to incapacitate you, and in both cases end up with a chance for them to just take most of your stuff and leave you alone, especially if you could encounter them again later or try to track them down to get your poo poo back.

Yeah, it would be nice if they ranged from homicidal murders, to bandits who'll rob you and leave you, to people willing to trade.

Which makes me think the game could use:

-Cannibalism. Some of them bandits want to eat you, and if you're starving, some of them start to look awfully tasty.

-Occasional friendlies you can barter with. Probably no set values, but each character encountered could want different things. One might be short on food and value it highly, another might have food and value it not at all, but be willing to trade a lot for bullets or clean water.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

beef express posted:

EDIT: Just remembered, does anyone know how to refill a lighter? I've tried holding it in a hand but the lighter gas just vanishes.

I think if you take the loose lighter fluid (?!) as a stack it will go into an empty lighter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
Random thoughts:

Skill ranks - Skills have three ranks (Basic, expert, master) that increase your odds of succeeding and maybe unlock new abilities. Every time you successfully use a skill you have a (very) small chance of that skill improving to the next level.

Skill books - You can find books like 'Home Electronics' or 'Idiot's Guide to Hunting and Fishing'. As long as the book is in your inventory you are granted the basic level of the skill it is about. But books are large, like the size of the ipads and take up a lot of inventory room. For each hour you rest there is like a 1% chance of you having studied the book enough to gain the skill in question at a basic level. At that point you might as well toss the book, because books can never teach you more then basic skill.

• Locked thread