Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orgone Accumulator
Jan 28, 2006

It's been a long time coming.
You know it'd be kinda neat if you had the option to either surrender to a looter when in bad shape or have them be able to incapacitate you, and in both cases end up with a chance for them to just take most of your stuff and leave you alone, especially if you could encounter them again later or try to track them down to get your poo poo back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orgone Accumulator
Jan 28, 2006

It's been a long time coming.
I wish he'd change the combat interface to a Heroes-style hex grid. He could use the existing hex art for most of it, at least outdoors. You could work in obstacles and terrain features and tie things like stealth and sprinting to stance toggles so you wouldn't end up with six different buttons just for retreating / falling back like I had in the last fight I was in. Range could be represented visually rather than having a follow a tiny number in the middle of the screen, and it would be much easier to involve multiple enemies if that's a thing that can / will happen.

• Locked thread