Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

BizarroAzrael posted:

Word is that HGUC Byarlant Custam and Hamburai are coming this year too.

Unconfirmed as of yet. I'm not getting my hopes up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Dude. gently caress! Selling all my Revoltechs, since they can't possibly hold a candle to SAMUS loving ARAN.

It ain't the Super Metroid Varia Suit like I'd want:

but at this point beggars can't be choosers.

A Chie's fine too.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
I preordered Samus months ago. Personally I would have wanted a Metroid Prime 2/3-style Varia Suit, but I can't pass up a Metroid figure.

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

Zeether posted:

I may as well post it holding a gun.

Didn't notice it before but the shotgun has a working pump. Badass.

Now you just made me dig up my Ingram 3. Maybe I should start building it (still unopened box)

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

SEED HD airing in japan made it logical for them to pick the justice.
Seeing how the regular justice hasn't got a MG yet and the 1/100 looks like poo poo I think the RG is pretty cool if you like the suit.
It beats another strike freedom (though that one is coming sometime for sure).

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Zedd posted:

SEED HD airing in japan made it logical for them to pick the justice.
Seeing how the regular justice hasn't got a MG yet and the 1/100 looks like poo poo I think the RG is pretty cool if you like the suit.
It beats another strike freedom (though that one is coming sometime for sure).

Infinite Justice as well, they probably would have done Aegis if the frame didn't make the transformation inpractical.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Selling a bunch of stuff including a bunch of Gunpla/robots in SA-Mart, I'll probably be sticking some Revoltechs in there when I dig them out as well.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3481185

UncleRadnor
Jul 3, 2010

Harmony Gold's gonna have my head :tinfoil:

Have to say I had fun with this kit. Transformation is a little part-swappy but still solid (if you've built the HGUC Delta Plus, it's the same pelvis block concept)
Now to paint it Zeta Plus orange :kamina:

UncleRadnor fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Apr 27, 2012

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

UncleRadnor posted:

Now to paint it Zeta Plus orange :kamina:

You build the kits first, then paint them? I paint the individual pieces first then slap it together. Building the kit first just seems like so much more work to make it look good.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
That is what we doctors like to call a 'test fit'. Whether we ever get it apart again (much less paint it) is another matter entirely.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Some new (to me anyhow) pictures of the RD Leo and Option Set.

Kind of hope the articulation is just as bad as the old MSIA version. It would just feel right. Because I'm dumb.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Apr 26, 2012

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Your bargaining posture is highly dubious.
Wow, that thing is just glorious. I like the Sazabi too, but I already have in in HGUC form so I don't see myself buying it again unless it's way better.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Does anyone know a good place to buy some Tamiya Liquid Surface Primer in the Los Angeles/San Gabriel area? None of my local hobby shops have it and ebay is all HK sellers.

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Apr 26, 2012

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Fauxtool posted:

Does anyone know a good place to buy some Tamiya Liquid Surface Primer in the Los Angeles/San Gabriel area? None of my local hobby shops have it and ebay is all HK sellers.

Robot4less in Fullerton?

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
The Leo is really one of the best MS designs ever, that thing is beautiful.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Honest Ray posted:

Wow, that thing is just glorious. I like the Sazabi too, but I already have in in HGUC form so I don't see myself buying it again unless it's way better.

Well, I HAVE to buy the Sazabi now. I don't have a choice. It probably is WAY better than the HGUC, though, if your thing is highly poseable great-looking action figures as opposed to well-detailed unpainted things you build yourself.

By the way, the figure itself is amazing. Great attention to detail, down to the beam saber popping out of the left forearm. My only complaints have to deal with the Fin Funnels. The peg and slot mechanism they use to stick together was clever, but unfortunately it worked better in theory than in practice. The pegs on some of the funnels are too small, and some of the slots are too big, so they don't actually stick together very well. You kind of have to experiment to see which funnel sticks best to which, and even then you're probably left with a couple that have weak grips either way. So if you plan on posing it, it's best to remove the funnels first, repose, and reattach.

My other complaints come from with this setup. The ball-and-socket joints that are used in this configuration are REALLY tight, but the sticks themselves feel kind of fragile. I'm less afraid of breaking them than I am of stressing and permanently bending them while trying to pose the funnels. At the same time, though, I think once they are posed, they'd probably stay that way forever. That's the trade-off, I suppose. Also, the beam effects don't fit very well into the funnels because they're thin plastic cutouts.

My solution to all of these problems is to spend too much money on a Tamashii Nations Exclusive Add-on set with additional funnels and effects parts.

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

Dr. Wang posted:

Some new (to me anyhow) pictures of the RD Leo and Option Set.

Kind of hope the articulation is just as bad as the old MSIA version. It would just feel right. Because I'm dumb.

Wow.....just wow....Do want!

Is it just me, or that image looks a bit odd compared to the anime series.

Edit: Oh wait, nvm, just looked at the blog, it was missing the shoulder piece

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Nasgate posted:

The Leo is really one of the best MS designs ever, that thing is beautiful.

Isn't it? It's the closest any grunt has gotten to the greatness of the Zaku design without being a complete derivative. Gladly pre-ordered :allears:

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Just realized the Leo in my last post has its head turned. Now, I was under the impression that the Leo could only turn its torso instead of the head. Going over the pictures again, it doesn't look like the head can move at all. Maybe it's just an extra head included with the Option parts.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Look at the pics, you see the option set provides an extra head. Maybe that head is articulated? :raise:

Also this might be the first Robot Damashii I army build with :allears:

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Looks like you can remove the top part of the torso which the regular head is a part of, and there's a replacement piece and head. So you can choose whether you want looks or articulation.

..I'm really hoping thats not part of the option set. I'm not army building optional packs no matter how much head turning they include.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

vkeios posted:

Looks like you can remove the top part of the torso which the regular head is a part of, and there's a replacement piece and head. So you can choose whether you want looks or articulation.

..I'm really hoping thats not part of the option set. I'm not army building optional packs no matter how much head turning they include.

Obviously its part of the option pack. Amiami has it up for pre order and you can see all the stuff included.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

:circlefap: An HMM Berserk Fuhrer just became available for preorder, and it looks incredible.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

U.T. Raptor posted:

:circlefap: An HMM Berserk Fuhrer just became available for preorder, and it looks incredible.

I had one of the original run of those that came out ~9 years or so ago when I was still a kid. It was awesome.

I want one of those Genosaurers. They never got sold here.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

I think i've got enough progress on this to show it off a bit. I still got some work to do to make the battle damage look more genuine, but i'm pleased with my results so far. Any advice/criticism is gladly appreciated. :)

Morgenthau
Aug 28, 2007
Circumstances have gone beyond my control.
It looks good, though probably you could try adding a bit more damage to the bullet holes, they look a mite too clean compared to the rest of the damage.

And haha you castrated the poor dude.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Morgenthau posted:

It looks good, though probably you could try adding a bit more damage to the bullet holes, they look a mite too clean compared to the rest of the damage.

And haha you castrated the poor dude.

I can never make bullet holes look quite right. Thanks for the tip though, maybe i'll try adding some stress cracks around them. As for the castration, I figured I might as well do it since it happened to the Nu Gundam in CCA.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TaurusOxford posted:

I can never make bullet holes look quite right. Thanks for the tip though, maybe i'll try adding some stress cracks around them. As for the castration, I figured I might as well do it since it happened to the Nu Gundam in CCA.

try using a #2 pencil around the edges of the hole then you topcoat it.

I started to paint one of my Seed no grade zakus today. What do you think of the color scheme?

Im doing Light Army Green for the body with some white accents. Dark Grey for the black parts. I feel like i need a third color for stuff like the stripes on the grenades and maybe that round thing on the elbow. Does anyone have a recommendation for a color that goes well with what I have chosen so far?

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 21:29 on May 1, 2012

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

TaurusOxford posted:

I think i've got enough progress on this to show it off a bit. I still got some work to do to make the battle damage look more genuine, but i'm pleased with my results so far. Any advice/criticism is gladly appreciated. :)

Love the battle damage Nu, but I would think that the bullet holes seem to be too concentrated at one place (Right shoulder/chest). It almost seems like (to me) Nu was standing there to be shot at.

Also, in terms of "cleanliness" as Morgenthau said, not sure if it is the camera light, but his right chest and his head/face seem to be quite clean compare to the rest of the body

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD
Hey guys. I just got back into making Gundams recently. Last time I built any was 9-10 years ago, and those were just the $20 kits because that's all I could afford in high school. Bought a couple at a convention here and just finished putting the first together. drat it's fun putting these things together. I went with MG kits this time.

Some of the posing is a bit hard on this model. The shield arm is limited because of the weight. Now I'm gonna start on my Strike Freedom Full Burst one. Unfortunately I already have 2 more kit's I'm looking to get... :suicide:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
You really need an action base if you want to put Unicorn Gundam in any sort of good pose. I'm amazed he's standing considering neither of his feet are flat to the ground.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Soarer posted:

Now I'm gonna start on my Strike Freedom Full Burst one. Unfortunately I already have 2 more kit's I'm looking to get... :suicide:

Ah yes, the growing pile of unfinished kits. The true sign of a gunpla fan :allears:

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD

TaurusOxford posted:

You really need an action base if you want to put Unicorn Gundam in any sort of good pose. I'm amazed he's standing considering neither of his feet are flat to the ground.

I have one actually, and I tried it out but its legs refused to spread out. They would just kinda collapse back in and looked bad for any pose. I'll play around with it later maybe. It's certainly touchy when you move it around.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Ah yes, the growing pile of unfinished kits. The true sign of a gunpla fan :allears:

Oh is that what we are talking about now?

Notice its 2 boxes deep and this is only my small pile. I ran out of room in my closet months ago.
I have a problem

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

Fauxtool posted:

Notice its 2 boxes deep and this is only my small pile. I ran out of room in my closet months ago.
I have a problem

Whats the box on the bottom left, it looks like a box.....of pantie.

Is it just me, or the Gundam NT-1 box looks a bit different (the yellow "Gundam" part at the side), at least compared to the box I have. Is it a new edition or something.

Edit: I do love the Unicorn though, I really want to get one myself, but I still have to finish my Patlabor, Strike Noir and Blue Astray D:

wfwon fucked around with this message at 06:43 on May 3, 2012

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

wfwon posted:

Whats the box on the bottom left, it looks like a box.....of pantie.

sorta kinda, Its these figures

from this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw48o19fySc

the alex gundam appears to be an english version repackaging. It has a skill level of 7 on it. I remember skill levels being a thing when gundam wing kits were blowing up in the US.
This has the normal japanese instructions still.

Faltion
Jul 4, 2004

I am an anachronism
I too have just gotten back into gunpla after a 10 year break and I too have just finished my first suit since as of today!

More pictures in the Set.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
nice, did you use aurora stickers for the mono eye or what?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Fauxtool posted:

I have a problem

Christ. I only have 5 kits in storage. Am I a lovely Gunpla-er?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TaurusOxford posted:

Christ. I only have 5 kits in storage. Am I a lovely Gunpla-er?

no just a fiscally responsible one. I am building them, but 3 kits come out for every one I build

• Locked thread