Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

I've panel lined while on conference calls. Could probably work on a SD if It was really one of those I just need to barely be there for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

Chewbacca posted:

Just a head up, for those of you who love Zaku's like me, the Shin Matsunaga MG 2.0 is 38.98 with prime on amazon right now. That's about 20 dollars cheaper then I've ever seen it before so...go get 'em.

How difficult is this as far as mg's go? The amount of runners doesn't r put me off but those decals yikes... I don't think its possible for me to get the shoulder stripes straight in any lifetime. And if im seeing this right those are waterslides?

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

I think amazon is having a bit of an HG sale?

http://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Hobby-Amazing-Model-Scale/dp/B00E3JH52K/ zaku amazing ($15)

http://www.amazon.com/Bandai-116-MSN-06S-Sinanju-HGUC/ ($27)

http://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Hobby-Armor-Unicorn-Model/($33)

Search seller:amazon

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

Holy poo poo these little number/logo decals why do more kits not come with you. They turned my GM 2 from pretty drab to baller. Also they stick a lot nicer.

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

Stopped by the hobby store and found this for $30

http://smile.amazon.com/Gunpla-Builder-GPB-06F-Super-Custom/dp/B003VPYN2C/

And also a SD RX-78-2. Which makes the first rx-78 i actually have. They had a MG 78 but it was the ver 2.0 and their prices on mg can swing from close/slightly cheaper than amazon to what the hell.

Was tempted by a rg but i hadn't read the instruction manuals yet to see how bad these really are. I've only done hg so far.

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If you want a good HG RX-78-02, get The Gunpla Starter Set Vol.2. It's the relatively recent G30th version. By all accounts the RG version is apparently something of a clusterbomb if you drop it.

drat they actually had that starter kit, I couldn't remember if it was that one or the one with the zaku that is the g30th version.

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

What can i use to clean paint marker off a kit safely. Is isopropyl alcohol ok? I know I should watch that around decals.

I don't have any fancy paint cleaner stuff.

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

most GM models, Geara Doga Guards type. Just go down the list at http://www.dalong.net/

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

runwiled posted:

I avoided using "oasis," (that's what I've always heard floral form referred to as here) for exactly the same reason. That stuff crumbles so readily that it's risky to have around wet paints and varnishes.

I used foam myself, but having a proper board would be my ideal solution. You can also use something like a shoe-box and punch your sticks through that. Only issue is that it's not a permanent solution as the holes you create will get wider over time and therefore loose.

Also: Project goes on! I had to spend a few weeks decorating (the boring kind of painting) so it's been on the go-slow. I also had to wait for a new airbrush to turn up as my side-feeder has a totally gummed-up cup. Got me an Iwata as a birthday gift!

Sneak preview. Remember how I said I thought the ZenRai's chainsaw rifle was kind of goofy and was going to get something 'better'?

Awww yeah.

You either have the tiniest french press in the world or this is going to a 1/60.

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

I usually pose my roberts in pairs of 2 battling and redo the action shot whenever i think of a new one. I also setup scenes with 5+ and will probably add some scenery once i can find some i can leave out that is cat safe.

SD talk - i've built about 7 of these now, they are great for testing stuff out and pretty fun builds in there own but like other lines they vary in quality. The early zaku's and blaze wizard/strike noir i have are nice models, samurai sazabi or w/e not that great. The rx-78-2 is really slick and came with detail decals. Shield isn't that hot but w/e it was $10

The build strike full package fell apart when i looked at it so much I actually tossed it out. I was thinking of picking up some of the AGE sd (tidus etc) but they also are from the line that comes with big eye decal like build strike so im kinda hesitant.

ChaiCalico fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Oct 15, 2014

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

Mecha Gojira posted:

The MG Turn A disagrees. But in general yes.

On a different subject: The HGUC Byarlant Custom is a really solid build, and is quickly becoming one of my favorite kits.

How's articulation/posability on this?

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

Yea that was the frustrating thing I didn't realize also. I figured the build fighters kits would all be the newest of the new and bandai would make them really nice since the show is a big drat commercial.

You'll still have fun building it and probably won't notice the difference until you build a few better kits so glhf.

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

everythingWasBees posted:

God drat. And they're so loving cheap too.
Now I just need an HGCC Kapool or an HGUC Capule...

HGCC Kapool would be amazing.

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

a single sweat drop on that big rear end forehead

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

Finishes up Zaku F2000 a few days prior. Love the look of this thing but man does it have some fragile pieces. The side skirts love to come off along with the heat hawk due to odd mounting.

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

What is the lag time typically between a new kit release and amazon US sellers getting them? Alternatively which japan based sellers on amazon are good to deal with.

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

kinda wished i picked that zaku up when it was on sale for $35 or whatever a few weeks back. I've considered the hg but it just doesn't compare. Almost done panel lining Turn A mg, i think this has gone through 75% of my black pour type marker.

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

posethatrobot.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

Gunpla Thread MK IV: They aren't action figures Dad they are mode

• Locked thread