Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

You should mention the Pokemon model kits in the OP.

I've got a bunch of them and, except for the overdependence on stickers for some of them (Ho-Oh and Torterra, I'm looking at you :colbert:), they're pretty neat (and real cheap, most of them are about 600 yen on HLJ).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Takanago posted:

Now they just need to make models for the other Jaburo Infiltration MSes. I want my Agguguy dammit.
I want my MG Zock. I know it'll be pretty expensive but I want my loving reversible laser kappa tank dammit :colbert:

(:ssh: I know there's an HGUC, I already have one)

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

:circlefap: An HMM Berserk Fuhrer just became available for preorder, and it looks incredible.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Fauxtool posted:

Oh is that what we are talking about now?

Notice its 2 boxes deep and this is only my small pile. I ran out of room in my closet months ago.
I have a problem
And I thought I was bad with the 14 or so I've got piled around me right now (they fit surprisingly well in the open spaces of my computer desk), including a PG WZC I've been using as an impromptu shelf for... gently caress, how long ago did Amazon sell off these things, again?

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Diospace posted:

More about 1/100 MG Aegis

:swoon: Time to replace the old 1/100 robosquid that's been chilling here at my computer desk since SEED was airing on TV...

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Popehoist posted:

Also the MG God Gundam, which isn't necessarily bad as a model, but is horribly proportioned and looks kind of dwarfy and stumpy.
It is a pretty small suit, though.

Also, the original Gelgoog has some issues, for some reason the morons who designed it didn't give the shield any way to attach securely to the arm (it has a handle, but no peg to attach to the forearm, it's the only model with a shield I've ever encountered lacking that part).

Also avoid most of the really early MGs unless you can get them really cheap, they're not bad, per se, but they're way outdated.

U.T. Raptor fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Aug 26, 2012

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

:stare: And I thought my 15 kit backlog was bad...

Arquinsiel posted:

This is literally the worst thing about so many hobbies.
Admittedly, when you're buying from halfway across the world it's gonna add up :sigh:

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Red Bones posted:

I'm not too keen on the Aegis; it looks nice but transforming MGs aren't the sturdiest things and its transformed flying mode looks goofy as gently caress. I guess you could buy it and then latch it onto a strike MG as a display piece and recreate memorable scenes from everyone's favourite gundam anime?
Hey, by transforming MS standards "robot squid" is probably one of the most coherent that isn't just "is a robot folded into a plane"...

Robosquid mode best mode :colbert:

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Fauxtool posted:

any worthwhile BF sales to look at this year?
HLJ's having one.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

TaurusOxford posted:

To be fair, it's not unreasonable to expect Bandai to mold their kits in the proper colors, especially when it's a model from one of their most successful series.
Half their red mobile suits end up with pink model kits somehow, enough said :colbert:

Bimmi posted:

I somehow missed the brouhaha over the MG Turn A, but the amount of rage being generated by the HG Rozen-Zulu's less-than-accurate color molding has been nothing short of phenomenal.
:stare: That's an... interesting color scheme. Why does it have pink legs on a maroon body, exactly?

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

The Tallgeese's visor is Gundam-y just by existing, its real head is a square camera eye like the Leos that were developed from it :spergin:

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Mecha Gojira posted:

The problem is RG is a 1/144 scale line, and the Victory/F91 suits are tiny compared to their earlier UC or SEED counterparts. So imagine the fragility of the F91/Victory Master Grades, then imagine the kit being 50% smaller. Not a good idea.
iirc, the V suits aren't that small, most of the early AU suits are pretty close to them in size (Wing and Shining are only a meter taller than the Victory, most notably).

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Bimmi posted:

Avoid the Kampfer and GP-02. The rest are passable-to-good.
What's wrong with the Kampfer? Mine is just fine.

BlitzBlast posted:

Also what are the odds of Blast Impulse getting attention? :v:
Hopefully either the Blast Impulse or the Slash ZAKU, neither of which got a proper model kit the first time around.

An HG Destroy Gundam would be great too, but I think I'm one of the few people who actually liked it :smith:.

U.T. Raptor fucked around with this message at 12:29 on May 11, 2013

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Faltion posted:

(wont a 1/144 Victory be tiny?)
Only a little shorter than most AU Gundams, iirc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Fauxtool posted:

why do i want a HG victory, isnt it going to be like 4 inches tall?
I actually looked it up once, and Victory suits are only a little shorter than most AU suits :ssh:

• Locked thread