Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Since it has been almost a decade since I assembled my last gunpla(I miss you poor stolen mg hi-nu gundam!) I am kind of out of touch in the quality of kits except for people in this thread saying some kits are better than others. So, how are the MG gundam wing version EW kits, in particular the proto zero and epyon kits?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I want to take a mock, give it the target practice signs from BF Try, and then having the MG Wing Proto Zero pointing at it for target practice. Bonus points if I can find a way to make the mock look nervous about this.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

I wanna start a small discussion. As a fairly new fan, I've taken a liking to the grunt suits. The general rank and file of MSes. The ones doomed to get punked out en masse.

So what are you folks' favourite grunt suit designs?

Not sure if the Gyan Krieger counts? Probably not. I'd have to go for pretty much anything in Wing except for the Aries. Leo, Taurus, Virgo I/II. All awesome.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Poison Mushroom posted:

I've always been really partial to the Gespenst Mk. II from Super Robot Wars/Taisen. Sadly, I haven't been able to find a kit for one in years, as its US popularity waned back before I was old and mature enough to have my own disposable income.

SRW always has and always will continue to have a relatively decent niche following in the US. The problem is that none of the non-OG games can come out here due to licensing issues(the licensing costs would be absurd with the anime licenses spread to so many companies), and the original OG games were kind of self sabotaged by waiting to release the GBA games until the GBA was basically a dead system and not even really advertising it, and then not giving it another try with OGs.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Finally got around to ordering my MG Wing Proto Zero, go me. Sadly the order from Amazon is shipping from Japan via a snail, so its gonna be a while. Have to figure out if I'm gonna try painting it in the meantime...

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Always check the list of other sellers when buying stuff like this on Amazon. I ended up paying $1.45 more than the cheapest seller for one of my MGs but it shipped from New Jersey instead of Japan so it was well worth it.

On checking there was one that had prime shipping for like $5 more. Put in a request for a cancellation with the first order, provided that request goes through will order from the Prime one.

Which means I have less time to figure out whether I want to/should paint it.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

PoptartsNinja posted:

I hear you, indecision buddy. I'm in the same boat!

My Abigor hasn't arrived yet (it's on a boat!), but since it looks like the it's got the same general issues as the Wing MGs. I'm not anticipating any problems with the kitbash. It's just absolutely going to require paint since the parts are all going to be completely different colors and I want to avoid using black since it's a dominant color on my other models.

I find it helps to decide what type of painting you're doing: are you just looking to touch up the colors to make sure everything's correct? Are you looking to try a complete custom repaint?

If you're doing the second, I find starting with your favorite color (or picking a primary) and then seeking out another color that looks good with it works well.

More the first, just making sure everything is correct.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
It has arrived!

Only slightly intimidated after a decade away from the hobby.

Khisanth Magus fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Oct 31, 2014

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
You know, this thread is a very bad influence for me. Now that I'm getting back into the hobby, I'm going "Oh, I also want this model. I should grab this model when it comes out!" Although for some reason, despite it not being my favorite gundam show by any means, most of the stuff I want is from Wing. Have my Proto Zero, but also want the MGs of the Epyon, Tallgeese, and then the Tallgeese III when it comes out next year. Probably a Deathscythe Hell as well, although I really do prefer to TV show one. The one non-Wing model that is high on my list is getting a new MG Hi-Nu since my original one was stolen was a storage locker some stuff was temporarily in after moving was broken into and cleaned out.

Khisanth Magus fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Oct 31, 2014

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Son Ryo posted:

I know, but I'm a really big fan of the backpack and I think the sword/bow thing is incredibly dumb, so...

I also have basically no income and I can only build like two HGs a year and I've only built two MGs ever so I don't want to buy a version of the kit that's just gonna remind me that it's not the real version every time I look at it. Like the Proto Zero.

Proto Zero is totally the "real version" of the Wing Zero and I will not hear anyone say otherwise!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Literally The Worst posted:

Gunpla Thread IV: Playing with Toys because No One Will Play With Our Dicks

I am married with an active sex life I will have you know :colbert:

• Locked thread