Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Amphibious monoeye = best MS designs

Alternatively, if it's blue (see Zudah and Gouf)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
The Leo is really one of the best MS designs ever, that thing is beautiful.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
^^i'll admit, i have no idea what that MS is, but it reminds me of the Dra-C, Axis' crazy looking MS design that actually makes sense, space robots don't need legs.

Thank you thread for reminding me that the HGUC Asshimar exists.

P.S. My wallet hates you all.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
I love Goufs(in UC):allears:

I think that you've done a pretty good job, now you just need to paint a rose on the shoulder :v:

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Do yourself a favour and get a Harry Ord Sumo instead, way cooler

:c00lbert:

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Silentman0 posted:

If you know where to get MG Turn-A suits that aren't the Turn-A, I'd really love to know.

Still waiting patiently for a half-decent Kapool/Capule kit. It was in Unicorn, that's good enough, right?!

Sorry, but I don't :(. Unless you count in my dreams, but those are usually RG sets.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
So do you guys know if you can buy replacement parts for Soul of Chogokin sets? After a few moves, I've realized that my Getter Robo set is missing a couple pieces. (G1s right fist and a weird piece that is basically a small version of Bear that attaches to leg units)

Am I destined to forever only have open and grabbing hands on Getter 1?

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Yeah, I just now bothered to check the box and look it up, I'm pretty sure no one has any GX-06 spare plastic parts...

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
My first thought is "My god, I will never be able to do a scheme so perfectly, those hearts are completely centered"

Second thought "Wow, that model actually can do a stereotypical japanese girl pose sooooo well, only thing better would be if it came with a peace sing hand"

The fact that the RX-78 is painted pink is not the least bit surprising. Why do "girly" schemes work so well on battle robots? I remember seeing a WH40K armored battalion painted Hello Kitty style and it was better than any other scheme I've seen. though admittedly I don't care for the ultra gritty/depressing type themes usually associated with 40k anyhow

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Son Ryo posted:

Oh hey, the Nu HWS was my most recent kit. It is pretty great, and I didn't have any problems with anything except for accidentally losing one of the sticker sheets because I'm dumb and it got stuck to the manual. Besides that, really great kit.

That's not nearly as bad as what I did. I lost the command fin for my RG Char's Zaku II.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
I'm just waiting for a RG Gouf to come out so I can do Ramba proud.

Also a RG Zaku 1 but that will either take forever or just never happen.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
That's no Zaku, boy :colbert:

Also, that looks like a heat scimitar or sabre, which is super awesome.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Here's the operation manual video

SMILE SHOT!!

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
What's the suit in between the two Astrays? All I can see in that image is the ends of the guns about to fire.

Also, that's a genius idea, what terrible figures do you usually get the best deal/markup on?

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't decide to add in gray to the Nu's color scheme, resulting in awful pseudo arctic camo

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
There's a definite difference between using multiple tints/shades of a color and using two different colors.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
I, for one like the shapes of it, it reminds me of the MK-2, which is the best looking Gundam. And I like the multi-hue style, but they could have gone with a less in your face color than gray.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Where did you get that, and how much damage was it? My friend's Bday is coming up, and he would probably die if I gave him that.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
With some more browsing I also see a Magiking and Deka Ranger Robo(with Super Robot Handcuffs!!!)

:aaaaa:

Clearly, Bandai wants all of hismy money. I can't wait until I go back to school and get a better paying job, I will have a room of these things.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I want to, but I have to be... responsible :negative:.

You say this, but we will see. The only thing stopping me at this point is the need to eat.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
I think the trick to not spending a ton of money on models/figures is to have as few favorite suits/shows. I won't be satisfied with my few old models and my SoC Getter Robo, I need Mazinger/Energer Z, the best grade Gouf, Big O, and maybe Shin Getter.
By the time I get all my favourites, I will become addicted, and want things I normally wouldn't, like Gurren Lagann.

At least it won't all be bad, I have already decided that if I have a kid and they treat their toys as okay as I did, they can play with my "grown up toys"

Speaking of figurines though, Tekkaman Blade comes out next month, and it's fairly well priced.

Edit: Oh god, I just realized that the Chogokin Tekkaman(With Pegas!!) is on sale now http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN959034
My wallet...:negative:

Nasgate fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Oct 23, 2012

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

boom boom boom posted:

I haven't built a model since high school, and I was terrible at it then, but for some reason I just ordered two sets of Balls.

The reason is that Balls are awesome.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Popehoist posted:

gently caress off, bring me my MG Turn X.

And a MG Borjarnon Gavane Goonny Custom :kamina:

Monoeye is the best eye :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Midjack posted:

This is true for basically all shiny extra finish kits.

Even better is when super glue(the only glue I had on hand)runs and destroys the shiny topcoat.

I'm so sorry Mazinkaiser :negative:

• Locked thread