Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumi
Apr 26, 2006
I watched the sky.

Zeether posted:

Turned out pretty well. I like how I don't have to change the hands around to clip the guns in. Also there were a ton of extra parts, which are probably for some other variant of the MS or something?

I have the same one, it's supposedly some prototype to the Exia so it'd likely share a lot of parts with that and any of its variants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumi
Apr 26, 2006
I watched the sky.
Any advice for how to paint Gundam eyes? What sort of colours should be used to make it glowy and not too flat?

Also, how's the gradient effect on the beam saber achieved?

Lumi
Apr 26, 2006
I watched the sky.
The stickers on the eyes do look fake (even though it's probably the better stickers already), which is why I wanted to paint them. Although I wanted to achieve them in a way that's not insane.

A couple of you mentioned painting it silver. Would that actually be a good colour scheme? I thought that maybe silver on a white face wouldn't stand out too much (I was personally thinking more along the lines of green that the stickers imply).

Lumi fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Mar 21, 2012

Lumi
Apr 26, 2006
I watched the sky.

Mecha Gojira posted:

When I said silver, I meant as an undercoat to a clear color. So you paint it silver, and then you paint say clear red or clear green over the silver parts to achieve that shiny reflective effect.

Ah okay, thanks. :)

As an aside, would it be retarded to paint something as the same colour as the mold? I've read somewhere that it would look nicer just because of the texture, etc, so I wouldn't mind getting more painting practice but if it makes zero difference then I wouldn't bother.

Lumi
Apr 26, 2006
I watched the sky.
Please take pictures of the Patlabor after it's done. I've been a Patlabor fan when I was younger, so I was eyeing some of the Patlabor kits but wasn't sure if they were worth it since they're not Gundams (older tech, price/value might not match up since it's more niche).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumi
Apr 26, 2006
I watched the sky.

Takanago posted:

I'll make sure to do that. Though, I would not be able to outdo dalong's many Patlabor kit reviews.

And hopefully convey the experience in a language that's not Korean.

• Locked thread