Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

this still makes me laugh 7 years later

pipes! posted:

lord funk posted:

gently caress you Proxima Nova lower case a. The rest of you is great, and you come along with your bubbly curled up loop and mess everything up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Whoever gets this wins a cookie.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

RowboatMan: Freezing time is an old P.I. trick...

Fartington Butts posted:

Whoever gets this wins a cookie.

I was just about to mention how I loved posts like this from when this thread started, but I equally appreciate the whole "what's this font?" aspect as well.

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana

Is it not Trajan?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Does anyone know the name of the font the “Brady” is on this letter head or a font that’s similar to it?

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Does anyone know the name of the font the Brady is on this letter head or a font thats similar to it?

That's hand drawn but fonts like Mostra Nuova are pretty close

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Posting in the springtime

What's a good font for imitating the old DOS-y, pixelated text on this?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

- Ska du ha maito i kaffet?

alnilam posted:

It's not very DOS-y because IBM PC character sets were (I think) all serif fonts, but maybe Here Lies MECC.

e: Nope, seems to be based on some other version probably.

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Dec 11, 2020

.random
May 7, 2007

alnilam posted:

You can find something close amongst https://int10h.org/oldschool-pc-fonts/fontlist/ like that sweet, sweet IBM CGA

terre packet
Nov 24, 2007

Yet another font ID please and thank you!

.random
May 7, 2007

I’ll try to figure out an exact match later, but just going off memory, this looks very Proxima Nova or Nexa or the like?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

"Why does that Subaru break down every time you look at it, Travis", Punchy said. I nearly fell out of the jump seat in my Brat, aghast. "That thing a princess?" I coughed and gulped. "Hahahaha, nice one, Punchy", I said

It's probably an inlined version of Futura or a similar geometric sans-serif (Kabel, Erbar, etc).

It's tracked out and looks a bit vertically squashed.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Posting in the springtime

Sagebrush posted:

It's probably an inlined version of Futura or a similar geometric sans-serif (Kabel, Erbar, etc).

It's tracked out and looks a bit vertically squashed.

This is a really good poem

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

"Why does that Subaru break down every time you look at it, Travis", Punchy said. I nearly fell out of the jump seat in my Brat, aghast. "That thing a princess?" I coughed and gulped. "Hahahaha, nice one, Punchy", I said

*snaps fingers, drums bongo*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

terre packet
Nov 24, 2007

Thanks y'all! I appreciate your input, one of those will definitely either be it or super close to it. 😁