Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Monode
Feb 19, 2011

oo

Every first time visitor to London ever.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Monode posted:

Every first time visitor to London ever.

do one about Mordor.

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Don't forget

Awful

EMILY BLUNTS fucked around with this message at 19:27 on May 23, 2012

HopWallace
Sep 8, 2004

free balloon day

Electric Crayon
Jul 20, 2004

Oh, it's you!

Arthus
Nov 11, 2011

SansUnicorn

Resplendent Spiral posted:

Also just to reiterate:

Arial doesn't have a respectable uppercase R, it has a letter P. Wearing a scarf. In the middle of summer.

I'm going to remember this one, thanks!

pipes! posted:

It's like that one dude who posted that one awesome unicorn font here awhile back that caused my copy of FontExplorer to wither up and die.

Haha, it's still as effective as ever. For those interested, a link with the download of all weights can be found here.

Also, the font will be featured in the Typodarium calendar 2013! And yes, getting the files printable for them required some work.

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:

I'm being mean through words and nobody can stop me!

unixbeard
Dec 29, 2004

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Cute as heck posted:

I'm being mean through words and nobody can stop me!

Oh, I get it now. It's one of those "captcha" things that checks if you're a real person.

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx

ellic
Apr 28, 2009

I never asked for this

Grimey Drawer

ellic fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Jun 2, 2012

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Arthus posted:

Also, the font will be featured in the Typodarium calendar 2013! And yes, getting the files printable for them required some work.

This just might be the first tear-off calendar where nobody throws it away after skimming over all the pages near November of when it was made for.

EMILY BLUNTS fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jun 3, 2012

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.
Holy poo poo that is seriously every single printed document my company imports from China. You must do business with China pretty often...

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Well, I'm not being completely fair in that image, as it does have a consistent baseline...

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx

Pineapple Salad
Apr 4, 2012

What a neverending story, Mark!

toby
Dec 4, 2002

Haha, nice.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

:commissar:
(Formerly Colonial Air Force)

Sagacity
May 2, 2003
Hopefully my epitaph will be funnier than my custom title.

Judge Ito Boxing
Oct 29, 2011

There's a lot of value in the public being able to see how the system works.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Can anyone point me to a similar font to Magpie Paperwork's Saltpetre:

as well as a font similar to this handwritten menu:

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012
Professor Shark, have you tried anything from the Hoefler & Frere-Jones foundry? It's not free, but the Hoefler Text, and its Italic, with swashes/contextual alternatives is quite similar to your third picture, and you might find something a bit similar to the first two in their Fell Types.

Not sure on the allowances for linking, but Googling 'hoefler foundry' will get you to their site.

Arthus
Nov 11, 2011

SansUnicorn

:japan:

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

I've actually been looking all over for this font and feel like it's a super common one. What's it called?

Monode
Feb 19, 2011

oo

korusan posted:

I've actually been looking all over for this font and feel like it's a super common one. What's it called?

Pretty sure it's Futura Condensed Extra Bold.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

I keep getting the mental image of riding one of those pennyfarthing bicycles while reading this. its so top heavy.

Arthus
Nov 11, 2011

SansUnicorn

Resplendent Spiral posted:

I keep getting the mental image of riding one of those pennyfarthing bicycles while reading this. its so top heavy.

I also think no one ever made a lower case 'a' like that, or I'd like to know how it would look well-designed.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Someone just e-mailed the whole company a product list. Using Algerian.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:
I'm looking for some font advice. I'm trying to choose a font for circuit board schematic drawings and the overlay that is printed on the board. I'd like there to be a proportional and fixed-width version that play well together. It should have a distinct zero & capital O, and one, capital I & lowercase L.

It needs to look nice in a technical environment. Compactness and legibility are key.

Help?

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.
All of the fonts that immediately jumped to mind didn't distinguish Zeros and O's, but I managed to find something suitable, don't know if it's the best for what you want though.

It's called Collator

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

taqueso posted:

I'm looking for some font advice. I'm trying to choose a font for circuit board schematic drawings and the overlay that is printed on the board. I'd like there to be a proportional and fixed-width version that play well together. It should have a distinct zero & capital O, and one, capital I & lowercase L.

It needs to look nice in a technical environment. Compactness and legibility are key.

Help?
Search for programmer fonts, they all fulfil your requirements though you'll usually only find them in fixed-width.

SupSuper fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Nov 5, 2012

pipes!
Jul 10, 2001
Nap Ghost

You're in luck!

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

SupSuper posted:

Search for programmer fonts, they all fulfil your requirements though you'll usually only find them in fixed-width.

I've been experimenting with programmer fonts, since they have the 0/1 distinctions I desire and I was already playing around with them for code. Unfortunately, fixed-width ends up being a poor choice for most uses on a PCB & schematic. The designators need to be compact and fixed-width is very wide except for Ms and Ws. Fixed width is needed for certain places, though.

I've made a few projects with Deja Vu Sans & Sans Mono, but I don't like the cap J dropping below the baseline. Designators like J32 are pretty common and the J looks so strange when alone with a number. I also wish the face was more rounded in general.

Am I being too picky?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pipes!
Jul 10, 2001
Nap Ghost
Yup.