Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Disreputable Dog
Dec 16, 2010

RizieN posted:

Anybody have any alternatives to the Ralph Steadman (Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas) style font? I'm working with a new band called Filthy Beast, and they like that style, but I don't want to bite that style too hard. I feel it'll detract from their unique sound.

Their whole appeal is this weird desert-rock pulp style grit.

Any ideas?

How much type are you setting in that font?
You might be smart just to pick up a bunch of paper and a calligraphy pen + ink, and go to town yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disreputable Dog
Dec 16, 2010

csammis posted:

Cross-posting from the small questions thread:

Can anyone help with font identification from an old-timey label? I'm reconditioning some old (circa 1930s) lamps and part of that process is recreating the original labels which were damaged beyond repair and got removed with the paint. I'm counting at least three fonts here but I have no idea where to start identifying what they are or close-enough analogues.

Kan-Trio-Lite
Look at something like a Goudy or a Bookman.

Trademark/made for
- look at something like a Akzidenz Expanded/wide in a thin weight, or a Sacker's Gothic

MODERNE
- domaine sans text medium, 19-PRA, or similar

THE BRUNSWICK
- akzidenz condensed, Franklyn Gothic or similar American grotesque

Probably the exact fonts you're after aren't digitized and lost to time.

Disreputable Dog
Dec 16, 2010

EpicCareMadBitch posted:

Are there any lesser known creative markets that sell/list fonts?

I'm a fan of fontstand and futurefonts.