Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

korusan posted:

Once again I must call upon your collective infinite wisdoms to identify a font (or one similar):

Textile, from Apple.

korusan posted:

While I'm at it it seems most of these are "default magazine fonts from the 1990s"; does anyone have any hints as to where I can find more of these kinds of fonts? Thanks!

WhatTheFont? and the forum is an excellent resource.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
Oh, I'm bad. It seems that some digitizations of Dom Casual Italic had the looping "g" (like this one), so perhaps they tilted the italic font back? I don't know...

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Number Two Stunna posted:

What's this font called? I see it on all sorts of stuff from Asia, and it's been bugging me.

FangSong. Comes with Windows.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
Well, Asian languages are traditionally fixed-width, so it's probably just the combination of fixed-width and serif, of which there are very few designed in a Western context. Even when they don't use special fonts, they'll use the fixed-width unicode variants¬

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Suspicious Dish fucked around with this message at 03:10 on May 10, 2013

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
Top one is Alternate Gothic Condensed. DIN is a good second choice.

Bottom one is a generic text serif. Looks like either Harriet Text or Miller Text, but really, you don't need to be picky.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
Seems to be a dumb iOS bug. Something probably changed in FreeType.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
I never noticed how disconnected that lower dot on the 'e' looks before.

Monaco!! :argh:

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
Kabel

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
It's a variant of Alternate Gothic. The curl of the R and stem of the Q narrow it down to Lorimer no. 2 Condensed, but really, any condensed font should fit the bill.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
Secret work project means making my own pixel font. Most of this came naturally to me so I assume there's a billion other fonts with these exact same pixels, even though I painted this all by hand. 8x10.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
Print shops often had giant catalogs of fonts with plenty of variants. Some of them they did in house, just modifying Futura or another font to give it their "unique twist", or to avoid having to pay for a real Futura stencil-set. The weird quotations are a giveaway -- they didn't see the quotation designs for Futura so they just picked it up from another font they had lying around.

It's likely that was a print shop's modification of Futura that never got digitized.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
I'm partial to any of the Erik Spiekermann fonts. Have you tried FF Meta or FF Unit? If those don't fit, Interstate is a nice humanist sans fallback that I use in a lot of projects. One of those should really make your shitposting pop.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
Remember the golden rule: if it's from a Japanese video game, it's most likely a FONTWORKS font. This one's NewCinema-D. Also available on FONTPLUS. And on my webspace.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
bbb-Regular looks fabulous

https://www.typesample.com/samples/bbb_uj74x_2x

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
Looks like Battling to me.

edit: not quite, Battling has a disconnected K. still, might be close enough. Anything "art deco" or "Futura" might be good enough for your purposes though.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
Kabel, Futura, Bahaus, Avant Garde. Really, any geometric sans will do. Those are the classics.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
Follow these steps I guess: http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/58243/can-i-get-the-original-mac-font-chicago-on-a-mountain-lion-mac

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
i like how the guy started off with the A and B having that curve thing and then he got to C and said "oh gently caress" and then forgot about it for the rest of the font