Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit
I've always liked Univers and Caslon and Avenir and Clarendon.

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit
Sure thing!

Before we stop this font rec train, can anyone suggest a modern tech-type that isn't gimmicky or silly-futuristic? Something along the lines of Neo Sans but maybe less rounded/soft would be cool.

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit
My wip portfolio uses Bodoni poster italic and Avenir light. :cool:

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit

Fayez Butts posted:

For content: good alternative to Proxima Nova (as an alternative to Gotham): http://www.google.com/fonts/specimen/Montserrat

The Q is adorable. :allears:

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit

NinjaSteve posted:

Except it made it better?

That one was doomed from the beginning.

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit
Hello Dwarf Fortress.

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit

rear end cobra posted:

Anybody know of a good match for the Seinfeld diner exterior sign?

Made me think of Outage.

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit
hello nerds. just wanted to recommend typesample if you're like me and a) sick of what the font for webfonts and b) sick of crawling through css to figure out a font.

https://www.typesample.com

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit

burexas.irom posted:

Does anyone have an idea what typeface this might be?

Whatever it is, it's flipping beautiful. Good luck to her, and based on those characters alone I'd say it's worth the effort in preserving.

I tried a quick search this morning w/o my contacts in, but she might start here for basic dual/inline structures:

http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/sodesign/at-move-herengracht/

escheresk and macula do similar twisty things but are totally diff -- might help a little. if I had to guess, that looks like a late 60s storefront and could very well be custom. I immediately thought Germany when I saw it, too, for some reason, but it's clearly eastern euro, maybe. wonder if someone on fonts in use would know.

e: let us know if you find anything!

spider wisdom fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Feb 19, 2016

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit

Close!

http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/vasava-fonts/matchPoint/

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit
^ There are a buttload of CRT-era fonts out there with tons of little quirks, like that r (assuming you're asking for the main option/body copy in white). I might give a search a shot later on.

Does anyone happen to use SkyFonts? It's exactly what I need, but it doesn't seem to keep its database of Google fonts updated. Kinda sucks for a program that flaunts its ability to stay up to date.

Related: the new Google Fonts is loving greatttt. I'm gonna need to use Rakkas on something.

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit

Jerry Cotton posted:

I've never actually looked at Google Fonts before and the first thing that caught my eye was Arvo and it's so ugly it made me mad. THANKS, SPIDER WISDOM!

Oh, there are maybe 2 dozen Googly fonts that are good and okay to use. I had a similar reaction to the newer Space Mono (by Colophon, no less). It's so quirky and cute and I already have all the boners for monospace fonts...but that a professional studio would post a font with a kerning table so demonstrably bad is unnerving. SP ACE is printed all over their NASA-y type specimen.

Arvo isn't the worst offender, but yeah.

e: my developer friend turned me on to Lab Mono by this guy. Open source monospace close to Apercu Mono, a favorite of mine, but with a better j and better balanced tittles.

spider wisdom fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Jul 15, 2016

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit
Looks like Lucida Bright Demi. r and c and y and i are giveaways.

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit
Now I can decipher that Raygun article!

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit
Anyone know where I might be able to find a version of Apple's Los Angeles by Susan Kare? I found a recreation but I need dat delicious bitmap crunch.

e: welp answer might be right in front of me — never converted to ttf.

spider wisdom fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jan 23, 2017

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit
Can anyone ID this one?

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit

Thought this was Fig Script at first glance, but nah. Anyone have an idea?

e: Easyscript by Lineto!

spider wisdom fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Nov 16, 2017

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit
Art decobortion

Almost Bauhausian and charming, but comes off as a dafont deep cut instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit

Any thoughts on what this nice rounded OCR-adjacent face is? Might work nicely for a project I'm working on.

Also hey! I started working on a typeface of my own a while ago and it's slow but getting somewhere.