Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

On a completely unironic note, I use Helvetica often. God, when did I turn European.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

I went to the doctor the other day and my checkup form was all in Comic Sans :negative:

Can someone help me confirm the font used in US Army manual headings, also seen (in a wornout variant) on the cover of the Zombie Survival Guide?

I want to say it's Futura or Twentieth Century, but am not quite sure.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Feeble posted:

What's everyone's view on Garamond? I always liked it because it's noticeably different from the bog standard Times New Roman you see everywhere but still looks just as official. I started using it in high school for basically every paper I wrote and haven't looked back. Seriously though, Garamond is nice.

It's nice. I had a teacher who demanded TIMES NEW ROMAN ONLY, as many do. She pissed me off, so I gradually switched to Garamond throughout my papers. Basically, I put more time into changing individual letters and then eventually whole words throughout the length of it than I did writing the paper itself. She didn't notice :v:

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

How about this one?

It makes me a bit nauseous.

No, no, no. Some fonts were better off never combined. Just leave Futura alone!