Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

"I find my life is a lot easier the lower I keep my expectations."
-Bill Watterson

Megazver posted:

Countryballs Heroes - Polandball ethnic jokes meets HOMM3, in a union designed to perfectly appeal to Eastern European edgelords in their thirties. (I am an Eastern European edgelord in my thirties.)

Holy poo poo this is amazing

SupSuper posted:

"We want a HOMM3 successor!"

*monkey paw finger curls*

We already got that monkey pay with HOMM 4, 6 and 7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Greetings from Asbury Park

Itís like Polandball without the humor.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Have you heard the good news?

Look deeply into my eyes.

STADIA!

RightClickSaveAs posted:

Anyone else remember Octopus City Blues? It funded around 2013 and was initially looking to be a simple little retro-style pixel art adventure game about a weird tentacle city. Several years and many hilarious themed updates later, it seems to have blossomed into some kind of much more complicated affair with day/night cycles, a gossip system, and who knows what else at this point.

The latest update put out a call for demo testers: https://www.kickstarter.com/project...s/posts/2974930

There's a short slice they're looking for feedback on. Based on this quick look, it definitely seems to have developed the kind of awesome, development-crushing feature creep that's been hinted at in fragments throughout the years.

I don't think they're being strict at all about who to send it out to. I'm a backer, but didn't have to confirm it or anything, and the dev was really appreciative of the short video playthrough I did and uploaded to Youtube.

I'd somehow never heard of this before, it looks incredible.

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

Hey man, wanna hear a secret?

College Slice

Oasx posted:

So its exactly like polandball

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Greetings from Asbury Park

A LOVELY LAD posted:

So its exactly like polandball

Polandball can be very hit or miss, as is anything that is written by a bunch of amateur writers with no quality control.

But at least their jokes are generally made by people who know the countries they are joking about, this is just boring stereotypes.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Oasx posted:

I was sceptical at first, but Polandball without the 'humor' might actually be good

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

I have no idea what to actually expect, but it was something like $7.58 USD for the early bird (if it even hits the target) and it's a cartoony turn-based game.

rujasu
Dec 18, 2013

Yeah that could be zero dollars with Overwhelmingly Positive reviews on Steam and I still would not go near it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

ErrEff posted:

I'd somehow never heard of this before, it looks incredible.
I love the whole oddball aesthetic so much. The Kickstarter updates alone have been worth price of admission. The "official" demo is 6 years old now I think but can still be downloaded here, it's not really clear there is one from the Kickstarter page: https://ghost-in-a-bottle.itch.io/octopus-city-blues