Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
Got a pretty positive update from Witchmarsh today, which was heartening; can't wait for that thing to come out. I still believe!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
If they added co-op I'd be extremely on board.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
So, has anyone seen any good game Kickstarters recently?

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
poo poo. I liked kickstarting stuff. Will be interesting to see if this causes any ruction among the creators who have previous / ongoing projects.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
I think until the union organisers call for a boycott, I'll keep backing? It's a tough one. Have they released any more statements?

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
My read is it would be better to wait for the organisers to call it, as it makes it clear that they control the money faucet.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

pumpinglemma posted:

Looks like Chorale's actually going to make it: 75% of the goal with ten days to go. The weird part is there are still early bird slots left for getting the game by itself - everyone seems to be going for the pricey options.

What is this? Got a link for the uninitiated?

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

Zaphod42 posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/creaturekeeper/creature-keeper

Creature Keeper has 13 days to go and is 76%, this game looks real cute if you like zelda type 2d games

The "pocket garden" idea is just so brilliant I really wish I had thought of it

All the art is just so cute :3:

Agreed, and the smoothness of the pixely graphics is :kiss:

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
Sealark looked and sounded so good :(

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
Witchmarsh is a Kickstarter I backed in 2014, with an expected release date of 2015, stopped updating in late 2019, and has out of the blue updated today to say they're still working on it and are not compromising their vision.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

StrixNebulosa posted:

I'll believe it when the game is actually released.
:same:

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

StrixNebulosa posted:

Rise, thread, and back this weird french indie thing!

Antimatter

Kickstarter Gaming: more funds will basically means more contents, in a very flexible way

E: or 'I will need to hire some talents in areas I am lacking skills'. It's a great pitch, thread content wise.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
I'm interested, what are your pledge tiers?

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
:justpost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
I backed a stack of games kickstarters that never delivered, Witchmarsh and Sealark in particular stung. I don't back games kickstarters any more.

Oasx posted:

Star Command was supposed to be released in 2012, the last update from the creator was 2020, I assume the game won't be finished.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/starcommand/star-command-kickstart-part-2-the-pc-mac-space-adv/description

Same :smith:

Hollandia fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Mar 20, 2023