Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Saoshyant posted:

:siren: Stop Everything :siren:

It's the turn-based strategy return of Shadowrun by its creator! $400.000 goal, 24 days left.

Please make it happen :ohdear:

edit: oh my god, they throw cabbages at the guy who made the Shadowrun FPS! Have all my money!

:frogsiren: Holy poo poo!! Instantly donated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Shalinor posted:

Sportsfriends made it, with a bit of room to spare. It's still got five hours, but I doubt that will add much.

I will probably snag it on PS3, even though I don't have Move's. The other 3 games look cool on their own.

Man yeah that was a nail biter. I wasn't able to give some because I'm severly lacking in money right now, but hopefully I can purchase it later when its released.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I'm not surprised at the spike for the Project GODUS, especially with a bunch of the interviews with Molyneux where he talks about how worried he is, it was to be expected. I saw the prototype and I honestly thought it looked boring and wouldn't give him any money because I hated almost all the recent stuff he has made.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I think he should have never gone to Kickstarter to begin with, it just seems like KS is not the right move for something like this when the company is in peril.

I do wonder though that with a bunch of these kickstarters for Adventure games and RPGs if publishers are taking a note of it. Its obvious it won't sell CoD level of sales, but its proven that there really is a market for these games.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

RentACop posted:

I don't understand it, Kaiju is a real word! It's like that "Scrolls" nonsense all over again

Except the only thing different is that they aren't challenging Wizards to a Quake 3 match. gently caress remember that?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Al! posted:

In a weird way, I think it's kind of smart not to over promise on stretch goals or reward tiers for a game that is in the earliest stages of development. Doublefine obviously has a fanbase that is willing to say "hey you want a game fine here's 20 bucks" on basically nothing. They certainly have hooked me for life and even their worst game, the Cave, was at least trying something different enough for me to not feel bad for a second buying it (most of the bad parts of it can be traced back to Deathspank's Ron Gilbert anyway). So maybe it's not such a bad prospect to not be beholden to people who need to have certain demands met before they'd even think of flinging 20 dollars their way. Personally, I haven't backed a lot of Kickstarters lately because they've felt like such a twisted complex of reward tiers that they actually feel like more of a risky bet to me. I guess I like the "here's my company, here's my idea" approach rather than what feels to me like trying to game the Kickstarter system.

Yeah pretty much this. You could see how over promising stuff has lead to some mediocre stuff like that iOS star command game. You can also see in the Broken Age documentary when they hit problems early on because they had a much bigger scope once they got more money and ran into some financial problems. Its good that they scoped out the game already and I have faith in Brad Muir, he's a good designer (seriously Iron Brigade was one of my favorite games this generation).

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

illiniguy01 posted:

This should be worrying to people who backed their second game. They didn't even really say what it was. It was pretty much "We are going to make a game, we don't really know what it is going to be, but give us lots of money".

I wouldn't be too worried because its a team led by Brad Muir and he did a good job with Trenched/Iron Brigade. I think he has a solid idea on how to budget the game with the given amount of money he's got.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Man is it depressing that we have to get a spiritual successor to Mega Man instead of, y'know, another real Mega Man game. :sigh:

Megaman's 25th anniversary was Capcom giving away a fanmade game. There will probably not be a new Megaman in a long time.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Actually, if Inafune is making a NotMegaMan, it's pretty likely Capcom will rush one out to compensate.

I'll honestly take a bet this won't happen!

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Sounds good. If Mighty 09 comes out and we don't have a new Mega Man project of some sort at least announced, I'll get you platinum or something. We'll both lose if I win though because it'll be Double Helix Presents: Mega Man.

Oh no...............I didn't think about this! :negative:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Yes

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

No Gravitas posted:

Can someone explain what is the fuss about that Mighty #9 game?

Ok, so we have here a Megaman sequel. Why is this significant?

I'd like to see the light, but I fail so far.

There was a couple of Megaman games in development a few years back and then Capcom cancelled them because I guess they believed they were not going to do well at all. Inafune then shortly left Capcom and criticized them and Japanese game development as he started up his own studio.

This kickstarter is significant because we are finally going to get a new megaman game from Inafune which people have been wanting for a long time. Capcom isn't going to make one any time soon so people are very excited.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

A little bit of revenge, maybe. But really it was about Inafune promising to deliver a product Megaman fans aren't confident Capcom will ever provide them again. The fans want their fix, Capcom doesn't seem like they'll ever provide that again, on top of pissing them off with some really poorly handled PR surrounding MML3 and its cancellation.

They also cancelled Inafune's Mega man project at the time, Mega Man Universe, as well.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

I still haven't downloaded or watched a single part of the Doublefine documentary. Maybe I should get on that.

Oh man you should, its loving fantastic.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

diadem posted:

The target audience for the game itself is people who enjoy deep tactics games. The webcomics and artists (from hellboy, final fantasy, gundam, zelda, etc) are there because people don't care about gameplay if we don't have shiny art. The game itself's biggest thing going for it is its gameplay, but without a hook people won't give it enough of a chance to care.

Examples https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTCjnt_PGgw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyBKSjTveZU

Edit: And thanks!

Arguably Tim Buckley's art isn't even that good in my opinion. And this forum pretty much hates him. Good luck with your game friend.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Great Rumbler posted:

CLANG bites the dust:

I'm still surprised people believed in this. The idea was pretty loving dumb since you were going to need peripherals and we all know how those work. Pretty much funded just because Gabe was in the video.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Falcon2001 posted:

Hey whoa what the gently caress? I think that's a little beyond the pale there. Them contracting him for a single card art doesn't make them in any way accomplices to his lovely previous behavior. Seriously, what the gently caress, man?

It doesn't but a lot of people just don't want to support him, especially people from something awful. I'm kinda shocked the guy came in here to say they got him considering just how much people hate the guy.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Yonic Symbolism posted:

Hey did you guys mention that Gigi from cucumber quest is doing the background art for shantae? Just found that out now, kind funny to just find that out right after the buckley incident.

Yeah that pretty much made kickstart it because I think she owns and Shantae is pretty cool as well.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I'm surprisingly really enjoying risky's revenge on my iPhone. It's probably way better on my 3ds but man it's solid. I can't wait for the new 3ds one and now this one. Shantae owns.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

RottenK posted:

This demo is great, why isn't this kickstarter doing well :psyduck:

Honestly I think its the art style. It just looks very generic to me.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Talked to the programmer for Hyper Light Drifter (dude is also making his own game: Samurai Gunn) and he's really positive they're going to get the game done and that he's also really excited about it. I wouldn't worry much honestly unless something INSANE happens.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Shalinor posted:

Woah woah hold the loving phone. Hyper Light Drifter and Samurai Gunn are being made by the same programmer?

Everybody, please give him all the money. Like, run don't walk to the Kickstarter. You have NO IDEA how good Samurai Gunn is. It was set up at PAX, over in the very corner of the Octodad booth, and it was festooned with so many "Best of..." award stickers that you couldn't see one side of the large TV. Octodad was effectively outshown by it. Octodad. By a goofy little pixelated game about samurais shooting eachother.

It is Really. Really. Really. Really. Good. It has some of the best controls I've ever touched. If that guy (or gal) is behind it... you've got zero to worry about. It will control like a dream.

Yup, Samurai Gunn is loving amazing and while I was already sold on this kickstarter it just made the whole project look even better. Seriously its gonna own.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

No Gravitas posted:

I had no idea what Samurai Gunn is. The video is boring to me and I don't like the concept.

Still, if you so strongly think it is good, then I will gamble on the Drifter. Bye :10bux:.

Samurai Gunn is just a really fun (up to) 4 player multiplayer game. Its quick and fast and its just so much fun you have no idea what you're saying. I played it at Fantastic Arcade here in Austin last weekend and I stopped giving a poo poo about the other games they had there because it was so drat good. Its definitely not boring at all.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Cicero posted:

Samurai Gunn is definitely great but it didn't seem better to me than Towerfall or Eggnogg. In fact I think I actually prefer those two over Gunn. Gunn has excellent controls but felt a bit simplistic. But maybe it's just because I only got to play a couple matches.

My work teammates have been playing the crap out of Eggnogg every day for weeks now, it's insane.

I played both Towerfall and Gunn last weekend and Towerfall to me seemed fun but just felt a bit too slow for me. It was fun, but I loved the fast action of Samurai Gunn more. There's a whole lot more depth to the game that it looks (jump then swipe up to get a jump boost is one example).

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Snix posted:

To be fair, Conerstone's combat looks pretty similar to that of the Souls games. I'd say it's free to use that comparison.

Yeah its a pretty good description they have on their page. Its honestly exactly what I thought when I saw it.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Shalinor posted:

Did it get a big nod somewhere? That's a heck of a surge to come out of nowhere - did one of the giant Kickstarters give them a strong mention, maybe?

Giantbomb and Destructoid linked to it. Giantbomb also had the guy on their morning show talk about the game this week.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I hope he finished Neverending Nightmares in a reasonable timeframe and not like retro grade which took forever to come out.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

All MOBAs are complete trash. Most games I can figure out why people like them even if I don't like them personally. The only reason I can think of for MOBAs is because it gives them an excuse to rage like a coked out manchild, because it sure as hell isn't the gameplay being fun.

Yeah I really do wonder why they're the most played games in the world. UGH!

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Wendell posted:

Oh, only $19,800 on a $6,000 goal.

Wait, why did people think this would pan out?

They probably saw those pretty cool sprites on the kickstarter page and thought HELL YEAH.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

WHAT. YES

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Dehry posted:

Why did I just back this? I don't even know what it is.

Because you are a good man.

I just saw this kickstarter and backed the gently caress out of it. La Mulana is so good.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Harlock posted:

I'm so glad I backed Chroma Squad. Here's a blog post showing all the abilities of the Lead character class.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1893273284/chroma-squad-manager-game-with-japanese-style-supe/posts/744780

When is this supposed to be out? I loved Knights of Pen and Paper but forgot to spend on this kickstarter back when it was up.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Zeether posted:

Slowbeef just tweeted about this: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iqioi/blackmore-a-steampunk-adventure-game

Yes, steampunk, but it's being worked on by the guy who localized Snatcher and a voice actor from Snatcher is in it along with David Hayter.

I'm kinda iffy on this because Snatcher at least to me seemed more like a Kojima joint. I also don't really care about a steampunk aesthetic.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Yodzilla posted:

Amplitude at just over halfway to its funding goal with 4 days left, don't think I have a good feeling about that. John Drake answers some good questions about the reasoning behind some common questions on the VinnyVania: Simon's Quest - Part 01 Giant Bomb video. Premium content only but I think almost all of the answers he gives are on the Kickstarter FAQ.

They hosed up by making it ps3 and ps4 only. A pc version would have probably gotten a lot more people to donate.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Yodzilla posted:

Drake claims in that video that Sony owns more than just the name Amplitude and that if they released it elsewhere they'd have to change fundamental Amplitude gameplay systems. That sounds kinda weird I'll admit but maybe there really is something legal going on there. And he is right, an established name does carry some weight. Enough to make up what ports would bring in? Who knows really I guess.

I mean the name does carry a lot of weight but not enough just to have it have locked to consoles. Especially one that doesn't really have a large player base.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Here it is, the Project Rap Rabbit you were all hoping to see:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk56CFGhrew

Seriously, has there ever been an "oh poo poo we launched a KS with nothing to show, better make something mid-campaign to save the campaign"-type demo that has ever worked to sell people on the game?

Uh, Romero wanted that as well.

HahahahhahahahahahahahahHhHhaha wooooowwwwww this is loving bad