Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

If you have 10 Luck and the Explorer perk, you have a small chance of a special encounter where you find the ruins of the inXile building in which you will find a list of the people who contributed enough to be in the game and a safe containing the exact amount of money the kickstarter raised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Mojo Jojo posted:

Yep, projects spend a few days being considered before they go live. The weird thing is that Kickstarter do reject some. You can imagine how bad they must be with some of the crap that seeps through.
So what you're saying is that someone looked at the Your World kickstarter and thought "yeah, that looks pretty solid"?

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

NINbuntu 64 posted:

I think the Your World guy ran out of breath getting to his computer.
Really wish he'd hurry up so we can see the hookerbot concept art.

Also, from the chat, this is amazing:

quote:

3:57 YourWorldLover: i love the idea of this game!

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Yeah, it could be TotalBiscuit, or maybe...

Kinetic Void KS comments posted:

This is why reddit is so awesome.
:reddit: saves the day yet again!

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Unbeknowsnt posted:

Links work fine for me. I updated them just in case.
You do realize someone quoted your post before you edited it, right? And that the links are clearly broken?

Please tell me this link you posted successfully goes to your kickstarter page. :allears:

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

The post-release modifiers at $260k interest me the most (which is good since it should hit that just fine). The zones of control and whatever other gameplay options at $360k could be good too but it's hard to say given the lack of info.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

I can't believe they're offering physical rewards again after having to spend over a quarter of the money they raised the first time on them.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

DreadCthulhu posted:

SupremeCommander was probably one of the best strategy games at the time, period.
I'm playing through it right now for the first time, and I have to say I'm pretty underwhelmed by it. It probably doesn't help that I finished Company of Heroes (which is ridiculously good) last week, but SupCom feels really lifeless (just like TA, I guess).

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Tnega posted:

Our old friend Elwood is still at it, showing all us: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/212982?c=home&a=1095398 This time he wants 55k instead of all the monies. It is still terrible though.

Edit: This is that YOUR WORLD thing that wont die until the lottery monies run out.
He's got a kickin' rad logo now. All he needs is a barrel (at least WoW quality) and some lore and he'll be racing past Crimson Haze on the road to making the greatest MMO of all time.

Flexible funding, no less. I feel like it should be a crime to take money from the sort of people who would contribute to this. Especially after you've already won the lottery.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Tnega posted:

I don't think he realized his backers from the Kickstarter were all trolls who pledged knowing that it would never make enough to actually give him anything.
I think he did realize it and that's exactly why he's using flexible funding on IndieGoGo instead of trying Kickstarter again or at least using fixed funding. This time, even if he only gets a couple grand in pledges, that money goes to him.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

I looked at the Divinity kickstarter and realized that the $65 Dragon Commander tier does come with two copies of Divinity when I thought it only had one. Then I was sad because it was sold out. Then a single space opened up, and I jumped on it. Now I feel like I'm overspending because I'm not used to preordering or spending more than $5 on a PC game.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Infinitum posted:

Want to see the most awkward as hell Kickstart video? Introducing Bowblade

He's XTREME with a capital SCIENCE.

quote:

It’s only entertaining for so long because you feel (and look) kinda silly.
This is what they are saying about tilting a mobile device to encourage you to instead attach that device to a hula hoop with a button on it.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Combines JRPG and RTS elements. Is this going to be a MOBA? Anime MOBA?

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

No dragon/wolf/pokemon hybrid race, no deal. :colbert:

As much as I want to gush over the idea of being an innkeeper in an MMO, everything else looks about like you would expect from a furry MMO kickstarter with the exception that there is an actual game being made and not just some guy writing a bunch of lore and asking for money and people to make the game for him.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Sourpuss posted:

WOW only $25 for a FREE copy of the demo.
Witch is a pretty good Deal and I think That E.A Sports will Definitely give them The license and let them Take it to next Level and make the next best skateboarding Game Ever.

Even with how little content there is, I can see from this professionally-written kickstarter just how invested they must be in this project.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

That is one lazy cover.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

That is the Baldurest Gatest looking game.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

I'm glad I watched the video for it, because the gif on the Kickstarter page looks a lot choppier than the animated sketches from their devblog. The video seemed fine though.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Lyesh posted:

DAI is a much better game than every kickstarter "spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate" I've played.
What kickstarter games have been called that other than Project Eternity?

Edit: I guess Serpent in the Staglands, for one.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

He says in that interview that he wants no network connectivity or patching or anything, just put the cart in and go. With the amount of updates that games get after release any more though, if there isn't a way to update them, games are either going to be missing a lot of content and bugfixes relative to other platforms or they're going to have to release long after they've been available on those platforms.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Nintendo Kid posted:

In the good old days you'd be expected to pay full price for a bugfixed and slightly expanded rerelease if a game shipped with bugs. They want to bring that back!
Or Sonic & Knuckles-style expansion cartridges. Shovel Knight + Plague of Shadows + Patch 1.2, like segatower.jpg

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Fart of Presto posted:

The Serpent in the Staglands developers sent out an update about a free expansion coming our way.
Plus they're making a new engine with better performance and some other stuff, which will probably make that game a bit more enjoyable to play.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

How am I going to import my Throne of Bhaal character into a 5E game?

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

I have the same problem, especially after playing so many D&D games where I know what I'm aiming for without having to think about it. I open the PoE1 character creation and not knowing what synergizes with what just leads to me sitting there for a while before quitting to read wikis.

I meant to replay the game once the expansions came out (and then start PoE2 eventually) but haven't done it yet, partly because I'm back to not remembering how anything works. What's the PoE1/2 equivalent of a Kensai/Wizard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

From the FAQ:

quote:

I really wanted the game on Steam or GOG.com. What can I do?

Whichever delivery option you had originally opted for, we’re still positive that you will have a fantastic experience with Phoenix Point on the Epic Games Launcher.

All backers up to this point will also STILL receive a Steam or GOG key after the 1 year exclusivity period

If we really can’t tempt you over, we understand. You can cancel your pre-order (this includes Fig.co crowdfunding backers) at any time in the next 28 days for a full refund. Please visit the following link for more information
So it seems like you get it on Epic with the DLC for the first year and then you also get a Steam key when it comes out on Steam?