Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

Doggles posted:

Funding amount was set at $25K with stretch goals up to $100K and more teased beyond that. Funded with $26,082. How dare backers feel "cheated" when the dev intentionally undercut the budget, right?!

Strech goals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

Basic Chunnel posted:

It would work a lot better if it were set in a developing country with an autocratic gov't
So basically Belarus then?

Considering where the developers are from I get the impression the game is more likely to be closer to their own experiences, and "corrupt cop" Hollywood noir cliche filter be more a set dressing than any honest attempt at authentic commentary on USA social issues.

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I lost interest after they opened up the page with about 400 quotes from publications instead of what the game is about. The don't even have any screenshots, although they do have videos.
They've got some screenshots on the Steam page. http://store.steampowered.com/app/487720

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

Hat Thoughts posted:

I do agree that I wish Obsidian tried to fund more non fantasy stuff since the genre is an active turn off for me but I guess it's a turn on for a lot of other people.
I wonder how the venn diagram for their backers goes in terms of: Want a game from Obsidian/Want a fantasy game/Want an infinity engine game

See I thought I wanted all three when I backed PoE, and then it turned out to be my biggest and priciest Kickstarter disappointment, and after that and Tyranny I've pretty much given up on Obsidian.

But hey, lesson learned, so at least I didn't back PoE 2!

Edited to add number '2'.

Perhaps a hamster fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Feb 26, 2017

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

Phlegmish posted:

So I redeemed my Torment key a few days ago, after hearing it finally came out. Between Pillars of Eternity, Divinity: Original Sin I & II (and hopefully the currently active Mordhau which I'm really stoked about), I have a good KS record if I do say so myself. I'm wondering if Torment fits in. What is the general goon opinion? Was the wait worth it?
PoE was my biggest Kickstarter disappointment and I thoroughly enjoyed Torment, so IMO yes.

It lenda itself well for replays too as it's comparatively shorter and reactivity's good.

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

ninjewtsu posted:

Does the target audience like the name?

I'm the target audience and it's kinda eh and too on the nose for my taste, but I didn't get any serial killer associations either, FWIW.

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

Just booted it up. Already in love with the amount of options in the settings screen. :allears:

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

Phlegmish posted:

So, uh...anyone else having trouble actually getting their key?

What's your trouble, specifically? Did you link your pledge to backer portal successfully?

Edit: I think it was only Mac users experiencing the bug preventing loading, at least at launch; game runs fine so far for me on PC.

Perhaps a hamster fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Sep 25, 2018

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

Phlegmish - Stupid question, but you did use the same account for backer portal as you did for Kickstarter, yes? I'd seen some complaints pre-launch about people missing their keys, and it turned out they used their FB accounts on KS when pledging and forgot all about it when trying to log in to the backer portal.

Perhaps a hamster fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Sep 25, 2018

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

^^^lol, truth. She's a pretty interesting character so far. ^^^

Wicked Them Beats posted:

And watching a dev play through Kingmaker and they lost me the second I saw random dice rolls in dialogue. Hate that poo poo.
I love that poo poo! I even liked percentage skill checks in Wasteland 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

Wicked Them Beats posted:

You're a monster and Wasteland 2 was a criminal act against gaming that cannot be forgiven.
Wasteland 2 Director's Cut was actually a decent game though. Fight me.

Edit: still enjoying Pathfinder too. Game has charm.