Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Surprise surprise, Shenmue 3 has been delayed into 2019.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Have you never seen a skybox before?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

gently caress me, I laughed

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Shenmue III isn't coming to Xbox

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Groovelord Neato posted:

i love it because if you're dumb enough to be some of the 5 million that was given for a loving shenmue sequel you deserve it.

:imunfunny:

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I don't anything about that game, and the dev seems very earnest and I wish him the best, but lol that the big turning point was "we're developing on unity now!"

sorry to whoever backed it

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Groovelord Neato posted:

i love that the shenmue Kickstarter has been such a cluster. don’t give millions of dollars for a sequel to a game series that doesn’t hold up.

Yeah man, that'll show all those people who like a thing that I don't. They're really owned. lol!

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Kennel posted:

I'm hearing that Shenmue 3 turned out to be a perfectly fine Shenmue game. Not for everyone, but filling the niche.

Yeah if you liked 1 and 2, they pulled it off. They made Shenmue 3. You’ll love it if you like Shenmue, but others need not apply.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

StrixNebulosa posted:

Does Shenmue 3 finish the story at all?

I don’t think it fully concludes the story, and that was made clear by Yu Suzuki during development as well.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Bad dialogue is a staple of the Shenmue series, and I couldn’t be more thrilled that nothing has changed in 18 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

The only kickstarter I’ve donated to was Shenmue 3, and I got exactly what I wanted from it. Had a wonderful time asking people if they had seen any thugs. They just forgot to put in some actual plot, which is my only real grievance.