Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
Fire Emblem Awakening's way of handling the concept is totally different from what they're describing. If we're going to draw such a broad comparison we may as well go back to Dragon Quest V and Phantasy Star III.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Lemon-Lime posted:

I can't remember if it was there at launch but they have a big section on their KS campaign where they outright say they have a publisher and the KS campaign is to demonstrate interest as a condition to getting publisher funding, so they're not exactly hiding it:

Yeah, I backed in the first half hour and remember seeing this. I don't think they've hid the ball on that.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

fez_machine posted:

Notably, the interviewer is the author of The Untold History of Video Game Designers which had its own contentious kickstarter campaign.

Yeah these guys are two peas in a pod, so this interview is very funny to me. Szczepeniak did some great work on those books but he could not go like a month without starting a new feud with some entity he was convinced was out to ruin him.