Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

Fire Down Below: Crab Company 2

signalnoise posted:

Honestly they really are asking too much for what they're offering. If they were going ahead with LSL1-3 I could see giving a lot more of a poo poo but LSL1 has a VGA version already. I would love to see all of them redone but it ain't happening.

This would have been a good opportunity to finally release 4. Unless of course they intentionally skipped it as a joke? Still confused about that one.

That said the entire LSL series was one of the best and only second to Space Quest IMO. Love these games, I still have the old 2' collection boxes of SQ and LSL. KQ can suck a donkey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

Fintilgin posted:

I grew up on Sierra games, and have a lot of fond memories of Space Quest. But I don't have much interest in a remake. Give me a NEW Space Quest or Quest for Glory game or something and I'm on board.

But the same old game with higher res graphics?

Meh. Not kickstarting that.

Man I am with you all the way, I like the look of the EGA games just fine, remaking these games is just not the right thing to do and will probably end up hurting these series. Does this mean they will remake LSL6/7 and SQ6? All those games look great even today, why remake them? I can't speak for everyone but I'm pretty sure this is not what the fans want from the return of classic Sierra devs.

Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

NINbuntu 64 posted:

Let's hope never. Her games were the most terrible popular adventure games there were.

Most people forget that the only reason she was allowed to even make King's Quest was because she was boning the president of Sierra.