Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

I was wondering if the game plan was to keep barbarians as simple as they are now? Because just one extra mechanic would be nice for them, like powers that can only be used when raging or something like that. I like what the class has so far, but another level of complexity would benefit the class greatly, in my opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

RSIxidor posted:

One of the best fixes I've heard for the Barbarian is to give him something akin to the Bard's battlecries. It feels very barbarian to me to WAAAAGGGH!!!! into combat.

This would be pretty neat! Screamy Barbarians best Barbarians.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Spiderfist Island posted:

Maybe it could be a Adventurer–Tier talent like the one that lets paladins take a Cleric spell?

Having it's own progression track would be nice. Barbarians only get 5 talents total as it is.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Any changes to barbarian? My DM is being lame and not coming online so I have no way of knowing yet.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

General Ironicus posted:

My new 13th Age character's weapon is the 13th Age rulebook.

Every time he crits, its a second book arriving in the mail.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

PublicOpinion posted:

I wrote up some magic item ideas and was hoping to get some mechanics feedback. Here's the doc.

The Burning Weapon is specifically working off the idea of using magic weapons as an avenue for adding more complexity to the simple classes.

The Swampwalker items are inspired by these pogs that I made in preparation for fun times in Hell Marsh:

These are all pretty cool, especially the Burning Weapon and the Stone Tortoise Armor, but I gotta say I was expecting some kind of set bonus for the Hell Marsh gear. Not sure if 13a has rules for that sort of thing, but if that's a thing your group is into maybe consider adding that in? All I can think of is maybe getting access to the random demon abilities, seems to fit with the whole deal.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

PublicOpinion posted:

Campaign's first ever dragon might be showing up in tomorrow's game. It's got a "lair master" thing going on and also is famed for the boundless hate in its heart, so I gave it this as a dragon ability:
The Dragon's Hatred: When someone deals damage to the dragon, they become Hated. There is only one Hated enemy at a time. When someone deals more damage to the dragon the previous Hated did, they become the new Hated. The Hated is Vulnerable, and the dragon's allies get the Escalation Die as a bonus to attack against the Hated enemy.

It also has an attack especially for the Hated enemy.

I just noticed I don't specify when it the condition ends. The obvious choice is when the dragon dies/surrenders, but it might be funnier to have it persist against the dragon's killer for all time (or until they exorcise its vengeful ghost).

I had a mechanic like this going for the killer of a vampiric, druidic gorilla in my game. Sadly it never really came up as some people left the game. If it persists after Dragondeath, I say give em a cursed die of some sort instead of the vulnerable thing.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Maybe make it so if the warlord's ally hits an enemy, have that heal either the ally or the warlord? Seems like a good warlordy thing to do.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Prince of Shadows or the Diabolist as a union gangster would be pretty interesting, with the Crusader being reskinned as a Pinkerton.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

lenoon posted:

What would actively fix the martial classes at this point? I've got a new player wanting to roll a barbarian. Am I better off leaving it as it is in the book, giving them the ability to inflict status conditions (weakened, stuck, etc etc) as I've jury rigged it now, or doing something more radical?

I'm tempted to just up the damage dice to something ridiculous like a d20.

Edit: on that note am I remembering right that someone in this thread put together a magic archer class (want to say a seeker?)?

Does the player want to do more than the baseline Barbarian does? Because if they want to play the class based on what's in the book I would ask them how to mod it before asking the forum.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

-Fish- posted:

I picked up Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds with some of the money from my tax return, and it's good. Super good.
It inspired me to make this, plus some magic items that I'll be sharing once the list is complete.

13th Age Zelda Races

Let me know what you guys think!

About Gerudo: don't natural 20s already double an attack's damage? So theoretically you could do a quadruple damage attack? Haven't played in a while, so that may not actually be the crit rules, so correct me if I'm wrong, but it doesn't seem like there's much reason to take midnight chill.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

-Fish- posted:

Ignore this post. Brain is off. At the end of my shift in a hot call center.

In that case, would you consider changing Midnight Chill to some sort of failure mitigation, instead of a success enhancement? It would also help to make even more of a dichotomy between the two powers.

ed: oh, I hit quote before your edit, my apologies.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

-Fish- posted:

Updated the Gerudo's racial power to something more defensive, update the names of the choices slightly as well.

Very cool, but now there's a definite problem! Since Midnight's Chill Armor no longer does damage, the daughter of the Dessert trait gives you either fire resist or no resist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

See, I'd rather the Sorcerer just open his mouth and a chain gun or AA gun pops out and starts shooting

• Locked thread