Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Feel like I should post this, they're no longer accepting people for the first batch of playtesting. If, like me, you put off sending in your e-mail, you're going to have to wait until April and also cry all kinds of bitter tears

But yeah, like I said in the 5e thread, this looks fantastic and like an amazing alternative to D&D Next. Can't wait!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Captain Bravo posted:

Nooo! How are they demarcating the people who missed the boat? I just sent my confirmation email agreeing to the playtest restrictions yesterday, will I still be able to get the playtest? I poo poo you not, I literally just started calling people yesterday to form a group for the express purpose of playing this thing, it's going to disappoint a couple friends if I don't get in. :smith:

I don't really know for sure, but I'd imagine if they already confirmed it with you, you're fine. It's probably just cut off for people who haven't sent in their initial e-mail. Like me :qq:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

moths posted:

So what happened then? I can't look at IRC for more than three minutes in a row.

TURBODRACULA and the birdelf are at each other's throats while a giant snake is trying to eat everyone.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

angry_keebler posted:

For example, the only big change I'd make to the 4e PH1 would be to get rid of all of the interior art, because I don't need to see two pages of swords or a high fantasy japanese elf paladin to better understand how to make or play a character.

It doesn't help you make a character, but it does help in other ways. Art helps break up long streaks of technical text, which is what a rulebook is when you get down to it. Without some kind of interior art you might as well be reading a textbook. Definitely not conducive to getting new people interested in the hobby.

On the development side, art also fills up empty space so you don't have to include a bunch of blank pages in your rulebook. It also gives a little more polish to a finished product, which helps move books.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

QuantaStarFire posted:

So Last Stand is Tabletop Monster Hunter? That sounds amazing.

The 5000$ stretch goal of Last Stand is a preview of another game they're making that's set in a fantasy world and is about killing large monsters and stealing their powers. This game's seriously as close as we're ever going to get to a Monster Hunter tabletop. It's not 1:1, but it's pretty drat close

• Locked thread