Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Attention Horse posted:

Darklands

I really have to give Darklands a try one of these days. The pixel work looks great for the time it was made. And there aren't many (pseudo) historically accurate RPGs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Chainclaw posted:

I remember those sorts of bundles being popular in the 90s. In particular at Price Club (now merged with Costco) and Comp USA (now defunct). My very young self couldn't really tell the good stuff from the stinkers (much less my father, who'd always deride wasting time with video games), but my god was it exciting! My first flight sim was part of that kind of pack, which I cherished religiously - though I hardly knew what I was doing. Wonder what game that was?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Quarex posted:

Anyway I just gave him all of my money

You know those Late backer Wasteland 2 preorders aren't just going to buy themselves?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

OLD SCHOOL
NEW RULES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3Ise3lFST4
Might & Magic X Legacy

The trailer features actual gameplay, if not much.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

FuzzySlippers posted:

The quests in Daggerfall to me function to change the vibe when dungeon diving. It's madness to try to fully explore them and the rewards are often not as good as the quest reward. So you're trying to just hit the objective and get out.

Which is a contrast to the dungeons in most games. You aren't really dungeon diving you're usually trying to completely map out the entire place to make sure you get all the loot before you finish it. It is weird how the best route is to hit all the wrong paths on a dungeon before finding the main path so you don't have to double back for loot. If a game ever wanted to copy the completely mad full 3D labyrinths of Daggerfall they'd be well served by expanding on the dungeon heist vibe rather than the normal loot vacuuming.

I didn't like it in Skyrim, but I hated how explicit it became in Fallout 4.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Anyone have experience playing old crpgs on an ipad? There's quite a few ports, including the infinity engine games, and the kotors.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

that's what i was worried about

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

The Kotors are on sale on the iOS store.

It’s dumb that the AppStore doesn’t have a wishlist feature or any way of tracking apps you’re interested in. It doesn’t even indicate when something’s on sale. They treat sales as price changes.

I missed out on Legend Of Grimrock being a buck a few days ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

KOTOR: Yeah these controls are pretty bad. Especially movement and finding interactable containers.*

That said it runs well despite not appearing to drain the battery much (this is a 2020 iPad Pro). No antialiasing, but probably the right call for battery conservation.

I think they could have spruced up the interface a bit. It’s low res.

I wouldn’t recommend the game for touch play. Seems to work well enough with a controller, though.

E:* after getting used to it, touch movement isn’t that bad, but still less than ideal.

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Apr 29, 2022