Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goldirocks
Mar 17, 2008
So glad to see this thread :) I was wondering if anyone had any advice on wig care. The biggest thing that's keeping me from doing more photography is that I spend 80% of the time fussing over wigs instead of posing/taking pictures. I've realized the value of nice wigs and have managed to sell my crappy old ones to fund a few new wigs from Wig Wing, which are really great quality. I was also going to order some of their wig care liquid but the agent I was going through won't ship it. Should I suck it up and order something through a group order? Any specific product recommendations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goldirocks
Mar 17, 2008
You should be able to just remove the legs and string the rabbit feet on (very, very carefully). Just be super careful so the string doesn't go up into the torso. When I'm working on restringing I tend to use a ribbon to keep hold of the elastic and a soft knitting needle to brace it against a part so that way it doesn't vanish on you. I used to do that for my Impldoll faun with his human and faun legs, it should work. I've never restrung a soom before, but I don't see why it would be too much different from any other doll.

Goldirocks
Mar 17, 2008
I'm not going but I have a friend going who will be my shopping service for the Soom booth. It should work out to be cheaper to have him buy something for me and the cost of his badge than paying second hand for a monthly doll. I'm way too excited for a convention I'm not even going to. :sweatdrop:

Goldirocks
Mar 17, 2008

Wandering Knitter posted:

I was in love with Soom Glot until I held one in my hands during a doll meet. It was just so...awkward. I really can't use another word to describe it. And it was obvious that even moving the legs a tiiiiiny bit would cause huge scratches on the body blushing. :sigh:

That being said, I'm hoping the Soom booth at comic con will have a wind elf there. They look so pretty, but there's no way in hell they can actually stand on those legs.

I asked soom but they won't have any of the Wind Elves there :( I had a friend all set up to go get one for me but they won't be selling them. I'm a sucker for the little fox feet though and managed to get one otherwise. Now I'm all nervous about the quality. :ohdear: But I already have a stand on order for my Ace, I don't expect it to stand with those little paws.

• Locked thread