Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
uberwekkness
Jul 25, 2008

You have to train harder to make it to nationals.
I'm thinking about getting into this. I'd like to get an Abbey Bominable, and turn her into FFIX Shiva. I'm planning on doing a faceup and rerooting her hair first. Oh god, I'm scared. :(

Edit: I just saw in a faceup tutorial that you can use glass cleaner as a thinner for acrylic paint. Is this really a thing? Sounds weird.

uberwekkness fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Oct 13, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uberwekkness
Jul 25, 2008

That's what I was thinking, but nice to get a second opinion.

uberwekkness
Jul 25, 2008

Took the plunge and got a doll! I won a gift card at work, so I figured nothing was holding me back.

Got Abbey Bominable

Planning on giving her new hair, and a few face, before I worry about anything else. She's really shimmery!

uberwekkness
Jul 25, 2008

A little embarrassing, but I was thinking of trying to make her into an FFIX Shiva.

So I'll probably be getting at least three different colors in there. A white, and two or three shades of blue. I might need to change her hairline a little. Do I just use a pin to do that?

Edit: I read a lot about using Mr Super Clear for faceups. Is there a good alternative?

uberwekkness fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Nov 14, 2012

uberwekkness
Jul 25, 2008

This may have been missed before, but is there a good alternative to Mr. Super Clear, for faceups?

uberwekkness
Jul 25, 2008

So is it one hank of hair for one doll head, or what? The reroot I'm planning needs multiple colors anyway, but I've been curious.

uberwekkness
Jul 25, 2008

I forget if I asked, but is there any particular reason saran is preferable to nylon, or vice versa?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uberwekkness
Jul 25, 2008

Okay! I have color choices for both saran and nylon, but nylon had a better white, so I thought I'd check. Thanks. :)

• Locked thread