Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
petrol blue
Feb 9, 2013

sugar and spice
and
ethanol slammers
Not quite on-topic question maybe-ish-I'm not sure:

I looked over this thread and got really inspired by the mods linked, and I've been working on converting a cheapass plastic doll, just playing about. I'm getting towards finished, and I'm looking towards painting it. Can anyone give advice (or tell me where to find a tutorial) on how to prime the finished thing, get it into a state where I can start on the faceup, and ideally get a surface that I can remove the faceup from if needed? It'll be my first attempt at a faceup, so I think it'll need a few attempts.

Current plan is to prime it with spray, basecoat the metal/dark areas in black, then apply a couple coats of matte laquer before starting. I have no idea if that'll work at all, I've not done anything like this, so please tell me if that's a horrible idea!

From a couple of days ago, it's a bit more advanced now. (Sorry about the lovely quality!)

He's so happy about it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread