Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smam
Jul 31, 2003
A question I figured I might be able to ask here:
How would I go about selling a custom Monster High doll for a decent price? And what would BE a decent price? I've seen them all the way from $25 to $200. No clue where to start.
I don't know the first thing about selling dolls, I just loved the ones I saw online and decided to do one for myself, but it apparently is "creepy" to my boyfriend and I really have no need to have a pretty little dollie in my house. She's a Lagoona Blue mod, totally repainted the face and sealed it with matte spray and made her a little outfit.
Any suggestions about where I might look to sell her, or have stories about trying to sell a modified bjd? I'm a babe in the woods!

Bonus picture of her after painting/before sealing (she also has a tiny white crocheted sweater and a tiny white skirt now):

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smam
Jul 31, 2003

sunsweet posted:

Etsy is good if you want to set your own price, and eBay is good if you want people to bid for it and maybe jack the price up in a bidding war. For the work you've put in, and for how lovely she looks, I wouldn't go any lower than $60. Lagoona's a fairly popular doll so you could maybe set your price up to, like, $100 or so.

On etsy, you can always adjust the price according to interest. I think they're a little more reasonable after seller fees, as well. I think the one disadvantage etsy may have would be that they don't get as many visitors looking for Monster High as eBay.

This is excellent and confirms what I was already thinking, thank you so much. I very likely will have to go through eBay to get a decent price and large enough demand to sell her in a fair amount of time.
I am really hoping to get at least $75 for all the effort but since I got her on sale really anything would be excellent profit. Loving these Monster High girls, they're SO much fun to work on, the perfect size and so poseable for a cheaper doll. I am officially hooked!

edit: she's up for sale if anyone is interested- http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=221249276087

Smam fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jul 3, 2013

• Locked thread