Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morn
Aug 29, 2012
I had the "Mighty Max Escapes from Skull Dungeon" set and brought it to school, the next week everyone had one.

Also, who can forget "Biker Mice from Mars", "Toxic Crusader" and "Captain Planet"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morn
Aug 29, 2012
Anyone else put up with the roast beef sandwiches to get all of the Apollo 13 Saturn V pog holder from Hardee's?

Morn
Aug 29, 2012

Tyson Tomko posted:

Hell yes I did! I've still got mine laying around. It's in the same jar I keep all of my fancy/special/rare coins in. It's funny seeing silver dollars, half dollars, special pennies/nickels, then an Apollo XIII coin or a Lucky Charms Olympics coin.

I never understood why they would make a POG holder but sell it with a sandwich only adults would order, if their taste buds were dead.

Morn
Aug 29, 2012

Wandering Knitter posted:

I think you're thinking of Funcoland. Man, that store was awesome. I got a Sega Saturn with all of the trimmings and a couple of games for under $40! :dance:

Funcoland..there is a place I haven't thought of in a loonnggg time. 90% of the time everything you wanted was the one thing they never had, but once in a blue moon you scored.

The absolute best time to go to Funcoland was when they got a big collection in. Most of the time I just casually browsed for something good or entertaining, but this one day I picked out a couple games and the guy behind the counter tells me he *thinks* he has the books for those games, as well as other paperwork. Now of course what they sold was the care cartridge alone; you didn't get instruction manuals or that stuff. The employee informed me that they were supposed to throw away everything except the bare game cartridge; boxes, inserts, posters, manuals, all that stuff got tossed in the trash before the games hit the shelves.. that is why you never saw that stuff. No idea what that policy was about, but I guess it made it easier not to stock all the manuals too.

Employee walks into some backroom area and drags this big rear end garbage bag up behind the counter; this thing was stuffed and overflowing' boxes and manuals spilling all over the floor from him dragging it in. It weighed a lot. He then starts digging into the bag, and man, there was probably a few hundred manuals in there along with dozens of game boxes too. Amazingly he pulls out the manual for one game and tosses it on the counter and goes back to his digging/sifting. He wasn't able to find them all, but he still got the awesome employee award for actually going above and beyond for some used Sega and Nintendo game cartridges.

/ Awesome place. Still remembers the television and print ads for Funcoland.

/and the cheap print price lists on newspaper stock.

/loyal Funcoland customer for life..except they don't exist anymore.

/csb

• Locked thread