Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

B.H. Facials posted:

Y'all seem to be forgetting Battletoads.

It's not hard to when it got cancelled after a single pilot episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

liquid courage posted:

The whole thread and no mention of Z-Bots? I loved these things in 1st/2nd grade:

I actually owned some of these! I even had the big mega robot with missile-firing arms they could ride/be stored in.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

RockNRoll Jesus posted:

These were the poo poo. I had both that red car and the yellow one, and had a fantastic time slamming them into the walls and then analyzing the scene like some kind of dedicated toy detective.

You should see the CGI cartoon pilot of the Incredible Crash-Test Dummies if you haven't. It's on Youtube (originally came as a pack-in VHS tape with one of the toys, and no other release) and it's magical :allears:. I think I actually still have a plastic tub of my Crash-Test Dummies toys. I had the black car (with working air-bag!), most of the Junkbots, and the blue plane along with a fair few of the Dummies themselves.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Fors Yard posted:

I wish the console used this design and color scheme, as well. I've always admired this design, and it still looks pretty sleek:

There was a controller which had the same coloration which I always preferred. Plus X and Y weren't concave, at all. I always felt like I was playing the game with those Smarties candies - the pastel color didn't help the resemblance to the chalky candy.

Actually, they did use that design for the PAL SNES's.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Wheat Loaf posted:

I was into all the Lego games that came out on PC in the 1990s, but it was mainly because they all came with an exclusive mini-figure.

Did you build them brick-by-brick? Tock-by-tick?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Holy poo poo, I never knew there was a music video version of Tongue Tied. :suspense:

spleen merchant posted:

I know exactly the ones you're talking about - they weren't like lego etc and made out of bricks but out of whole modular components you could put together to make different space vehicles. They had little transparent canopies on the cockpits and there was definitely a drill tank type thing. I have the impression that they weren't based off any show or made by one particular brand and they were fairly cheap. You'd buy a blister pack with a bunch of different bits in it.

e: These things!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/90s-vintage-retro-space-robot-toy-figure-builder-set-/221715931737?pt=UK_Toys_VintageToys_RL&hash=item339f4ca259

I had these as a kid too, they were great toys :allears:. I think I might've even had that exact set in the picture, come to think of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

laserghost posted:

Not really diddl, but collecting various licensed papers and stickers was definitely a thing in 90's

my friend had those things:

and the toys were okay I guess, but what I really liked were those floppy disks with simple games made in shockwave. Of the two he had, one was about turning on the captured alien ship, and the second was uploading a virus or something. Those were really simple, but somehow also really athmospheric and mysterious because my grasp of English was non-existant, and of course I haven't seen the movie being a 6yo or such.
Mars Attacks had something very similar.

Thst reminds me of the Beast Wars Airrazor with the video tape that had like two/three episodes on it :allears:. That and the Crash Dummies one with their failed pilot ep.

• Locked thread