Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

I'm intentionally being as verbose as possible in negotiations for my own amusement.
Are other corporations going to spawn, or will the UN and Federation both be bought out by McKiernan Omnitech Ltd. in 20 years?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ynkling
Mar 22, 2012

For these reasons I vote for granting UN membership to our moon.

Ceebees posted:

Are other corporations going to spawn, or will the UN and Federation both be bought out by McKiernan Omnitech Ltd. in 20 years?

I'll stop now.

I didn't get another corporation in my Aurora game until I had a fully operational colony (1 million inhabitants), though that might not have been the reason.

EDIT: Update near the bottom of the previous page.

Ynkling fucked around with this message at 02:34 on May 3, 2012

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

SPERMCUBE.ORG posted:

Jeez, I'm not being very clear, am I? I know all of that. What I was talking about, because terraforming modules are already so huge and I don't have shipyards in my game that have the capacity to build a really huge ship like that, was using the Orbital Habitat module to allow me to build an enormous terraformer without needing the shipyard to construct it. If I understand things right, anything with a habitat on it can be built from a world's construction factories and my spacemen may not have the biggest shipyards in the world but they sure have a lot of industry.

Anyway I think I'm going to stop talking about this because I'd rather not derail this thread into an exploration of why I all of a sudden have such a hard time communicating with human beings.

oooh. I didn't know about the whole "being able to build a habitat vessel from planetary industry". I assumed it worked like a regular starship that you have to use Tugs to move. If it's industrially produced, then I can see the appeal.

Also Hi Steve!

Veloxyll fucked around with this message at 02:33 on May 3, 2012

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

Ceebees posted:

More shipping lines will appear eventually but I'm not too sure how it happens. Maybe a mommy and a daddy shipping line fall in love.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia

SPERMCUBE.ORG posted:

Maybe a mommy and a daddy shipping line fall in love.

Well son, it's time you learned the corporate birds and bees. You see, when a mommy corporation and a daddy corporation's employees feel like an opportunity is out there, they might leave to go create a start up. They'll go out to nice dinners to try and get capital, now sometimes, they get rejected and nothing happens, but if they keep at it, then eventually enough capital will enter their proton-corporation and a new type of business will be created and start to grow. Because of this capital fertilizing the business, it can start to purchase new equipment, pay for more employees and get advertisement. Now assuming all of this takes, then the business will stick to the walls of capitalism where it will begin to grow, now not all businesses make it to their finals phase, some just aren't strong enough to grow and they sadly pass away, but for the businesses that are strong enough, they can enter their final phase of growth, the phase where they become corporations. Now you see, you can tell a bushiness from a corporation when you start to see distinct phases of development, growth of profit, franchising opportunities and expansion to other places. Now right before the new corporation is created, one final, magical thing happens, the miracle of stock options. You see son, for a corporation to be fully created, it must secure funding through the use of publicly traded stocks. By selling off ownership shares of it's self, a corporation can raise even more capital to allow for an even greater level of growth. Once the newly created corporation is on a stock index, it's been fully brought into this world, ready to serves thousands of people. And that's how a corporation is made :)

:confused: Dad, I just asked how shipping lines were created in this game, not some stupid brief and probably incorrect lesson about the economy with thinly veiled references to human birth.

DagPenge
Jun 4, 2011

Looks like our civilians are fine, thank god for the capitalist spirit!
To: Councilor Ynkling; UNEC
Subject: Tritanium Crunch

I am not sure what will be best here, we already have people on the moon and it has tritanium. It's not a great amount but it's quick and easy. I guess we could move a few of our mines there, if the population is big enough to support it.
In any case we need those mass drivers that Jimmy4400nav ordered the industry to build first and if he builds some automated miners, I will glady get them to Venus using UNMS Leeds.

To: UNIN Bureau of Personnel (BuPers)
Subject: Re: Suitable commanders for UNMS Leeds

DoT recommends promoting CAPT Commoners to captain of the UNMS Leeds, CMDR Jaramr was another great choice but DoT feels that he is better suited to staying in Fleet HQ atm.
CMDR Zyrden will get control of the UNMS York once she finishes her refit, DoT hopes he will enjoy his vacation to earth for the time being.

DoT standing orders:
1. Retool the ISS to the Lictor-B when possible
2. Once retooled build a Lictor-B class troop transport

Thats all we got, Jimmy4400nav let me know when we need to move more of your stuff

Lord Windy
Mar 26, 2010
FROM: The Desk of Lord Windy, Director of Defence and Procurement
TO: R&B R&D

If we could start researching the Active Sensors, and then the rest I would be most happy.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
Out of game question here.

I have designed a Jump Gate tender, however I need jump gate components to be shuttled by freighters. Only problem is, I have no components appearing in any of my industry lists.

Am I missing something here? Do I have to research anything else apart from jump theory and construction module?

Sad King Billy fucked around with this message at 20:39 on May 3, 2012

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT STICKING WITH A YEARS-LONG LETS PLAY OF THE MOST COMPLICATED SPACE SIMULATION GAME INVENTED, PLAYING BOTH SIDES, AND SPENDING HOURS GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND TO ENSURE INTERNET STRANGERS ENJOY THEMSELVES

Sad King Billy posted:

Out of game question here.

I have designed a Jump Gate tender, however I need jump gate components to be shuttled by freighters. Only problem is, I have no components appearing in any of my industry lists.

Am I missing something here? Do I have to research anything else apart from jump theory and construction module?

Jump gate components were removed from the game a while ago. Jump gate construction ships do not require anything anymore other than time.

Ynkling
Mar 22, 2012

Research Directive Update: July 2027

After Dr. Slaan's research completes, assign 20 labs to Dr. Barrelfox to head up the BMB UN/PGS-1 Active Search Sensor (D22-R1000) project. Give the remaining 5 labs to whoever is the most suitable to head up the development of the BMB UN/PGM-2 Fire Control (D29-R750).

As these projects finish, divide R&D assets to efficiently push the remaining UNIN R&D designs through.

To: UNEC
Re: Tritanium Crunch

I am skeptical that the quantities of Tritanium on Luna will be enough for anything beyond the very short term. Our industrial assets will be set on continual expansion for the foreseeable future, and as our industrial capacity grows, so, too, will the need for resources. We'll need Venus sooner rather than later.

Regardless of how we decide to proceed in this matter, I suggest that we dedicate a York II towards sending a sanctioned Geological team to all rocky bodies in the solar system - who knows what mysteries our geosurvey probes missed!

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

bgreman posted:

Jump gate components were removed from the game a while ago. Jump gate construction ships do not require anything anymore other than time.

That makes things so much easier!

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia

DagPenge posted:

Thats all we got, Jimmy4400nav let me know when we need to move more of your stuff

Will, do, most likely once we have a few rail guns built on Earth is when I'll order those and the mines to be shipped out. I figure once we have several rail guns built up, we'll also have quite a few automated mines we can ship out as well.

Zyrden
Mar 25, 2012

Climbing gear.

DagPenge posted:

CMDR Zyrden will get control of the UNMS York once she finishes her refit, DoT hopes he will enjoy his vacation to earth for the time being.

It'll be good to be under my trusty UN parasol again. Might have to clean all the moon and Mars dust off of it though.

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT STICKING WITH A YEARS-LONG LETS PLAY OF THE MOST COMPLICATED SPACE SIMULATION GAME INVENTED, PLAYING BOTH SIDES, AND SPENDING HOURS GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND TO ENSURE INTERNET STRANGERS ENJOY THEMSELVES

Jimmy4400nav posted:

Will, do, most likely once we have a few rail guns built on Earth is when I'll order those and the mines to be shipped out. I figure once we have several rail guns built up, we'll also have quite a few automated mines we can ship out as well.

You only need one mass driver to receive any amount of mineral packets.

Additionally, automated mines are really only for places you can't plot a few hundred thousand people (i.e. Venus). Mars and Tranquility should use regular mines to keep mineral costs for the mining installations down.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia

bgreman posted:

You only need one mass driver to receive any amount of mineral packets.

Additionally, automated mines are really only for places you can't plot a few hundred thousand people (i.e. Venus). Mars and Tranquility should use regular mines to keep mineral costs for the mining installations down.

Roger that, I figured that since we're already starting to deplete some minerals on Earth, we can shift some of those mines to the moon and Mars once we get past peak-insert element name here on Earth.

For Mass Drivers, after the Earth one is built, I'd like the next one transported to the Moon, then the one after that to mars, then the once after that to Castillo. After that I'm not too sure.

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

Jimmy4400nav posted:

Roger that, I figured that since we're already starting to deplete some minerals on Earth, we can shift some of those mines to the moon and Mars once we get past peak-insert element name here on Earth.

For Mass Drivers, after the Earth one is built, I'd like the next one transported to the Moon, then the one after that to mars, then the once after that to Castillo. After that I'm not too sure.

The CMC on Callisto has its own mass driver if you choose to buy minerals from them.

Ynkling
Mar 22, 2012

To Venus!

Also make some geology team orders!

edit: What is our wealth situation, bgreman? It wouldn't make sense to not buy the resources if we're filthy rich.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia

bgreman posted:

The CMC on Callisto has its own mass driver if you choose to buy minerals from them.

Well, um, I'll keep a few mass drivers on reserve in case we find some roids worth mining.

Also Venus, can't forget Venus :)

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

UN, 9th July 2027

CAPT Commoners is assigned to command of UNMS Leeds. With little else to do, currently, UNMS Leeds begins shipping state-produced infrastructure to the Tranquility colony.

The same day, the UNSA Archaeological Team has its final review meeting and is disbanded. The officers present in the team remain on Mars until transport can be arranged for them to return to Earth.

One member won't be returning, as Administrator extraordinary is appointed as Governor of the UN Mars Colony.

With a rapidly increasing population (now at over 760,000), the Tranquility colony ruling council submits a petition to be assigned a UN Civilian Administrator.

Tranquility has 450,000 available manufacturing workers, enough to man 9 regular installations.

UN, 10th July 2027

The last unit of state-ordered infrastructure is produced, and production switches over to producing mass drivers and automated mines.

When you give production orders, please give a quantity so I'm not forced to guess how many you want. I created an order for 3 mass drivers (one for Earth, one for Tranquility, one for Mars). I also assumed that you wanted the automated mines converted from regular TN mines and not produced from scratch. Let me know if this isn't what you wanted.

UN, 11th July 2027

UNMS York arrives at Earth and stands down to begin refit operations to the York II-class.

UN, 13th July 2027

A remarkable new officer joins the UNIN flag ranks. CMDR Chadwick is a crew training prodigy, with a specialization in communications.

She, or the goon who eventually gets this character, is going to fly to the top of the naval hierarchy with that score. It's a good thing for the other goons that there's a one year waiting period between promotions.

The same day, the UN Military tour of duty ends, and officer rotations are made.

Same old song. Check your images, give things new names if you want. Can we get the tour of duty length increased? Re-uploading these images every other update is getting tedious.

Elsewhere, minor overcrowding on Tranquility leads to a heated public argument.

UN, 13th July 2027

Expanded living space causes tempers on Tranquility to cool. On Mars, Administrator extraordinary implements new shipping regulations that should increase logistical capability.

Administrator Logistics bonuses only apply to unloading freighters and civilian ships if there is a commercial spaceport available.

Elsewhere, CAPT Galenus hobnobs with UN legislators.

UN, 17th July 2027

While his command is undergoing refit, CMDR Zyrden engages in readiness drills with his crewmen.

UN, 2nd August 2027

CAPT Sad King Billy breaks his leg while demonstrating proper emergency evacuation procedure from the Missile Complex he commands. CMDR Tolan takes a crewman training refresher course.

UN, 21st August 2027

The last of the state-manufactured infrastructure is delivered to Tranquility, and UNMS Leeds is directed to retrieve the idle UNSA Archaeological Team from Mars and return the officers to Earth. Elsewhere, a new graduate joins the UN Ground Forces officer corps.

UN, 25th August 2027

UNMS Leeds returns to Earth with the UNSA Archaeological Team, less Administrator extraordinary, who remained on Mars. An enormous parade and festival are held in Geneva to commemorate their historic achievement. Shortly thereafter, the team members receive their new individual orders.

Industry

You can see the automated mine and mass driver order I placed. Let me know if you'd like to alter it.

Mining

Distribution of mines (location, type) is up to the discretion of Councilor Puistokemisti.

Shipyards

The York is under refit. The ISS also just became large enough to retool to the Lictor class. I've included the refit cost and ETA. DagPenge, please confirm that you want to begin retooling.

Research

As I understand it, when Slaan finishes the missile drive, he will begin the 10cm Meson Focal Size research. When Eumenides finishes his Eng. Brigade research, he'll give all his labs to Slaan. When Slaan finishes his meson research, 20 labs will go to Barrelfox to research the UN/PGS-1, and 5 to Scribbleykins to research the UN/PGS-2. After that, I can assign labs as desired to finish the magazine and missile launchers.

Wealth

"Gentlemen, we're loaded."

Tranquility Colony Status

With a manufacturing population of 760,000, the Tranquility colony can run 15 installations.

Geological Survey Candidates

CMDR Schuchman is Fleet HQ Survey Officer, RADM Stansberry is unavailable to you, Dr. Eumenides is actively researching, CMDR Jaramr is FHQ Intel Officer, Slaan is actively researching, everyone else is idle (Dr. Jose, D. MagicBoots), commanding a ship (CMDR Zyrden), or commanding a missile base (everyone else). Note that only Stansberry is technically unavailable to you, everyone else can be assigned to the team if so desired.

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

I'm intentionally being as verbose as possible in negotiations for my own amusement.
1 - Now that i'm the UNSA attache to the Federation, is there anything i should be... doing?

2 - Does this model of the solar system have Ceres in it? If yes, can/did we geologize it for laughs?

PokeWarVeteran
Apr 3, 2012
So, is the type of officer put out each time completely random?

I've been waiting to graduate for a long time.

General Antares
Sep 5, 2011

There be corundium up in them thar asteroids!!!
EDIT: Nevermind you meant graduate from the academy.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
Perfect, yes ,converted mines will work.

Sorry I didn't specify quantities, could we produce 5 mass drivers and 20 automated mines, I know we only have 3 colonies right now, but I figure that it will probably be a good idea to keep a couple of mass drivers in reserve so when we colonize more places we wont have to build right from the get go.

Once the Earth and Moon mass drivers are complete, can we deliver the Moon Mass Driver to Luna, as well as 10 manned mines?

Also, we probably will want to start adding more slipways soon, I figure we're going to need to produce more ships pronto.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Just finished reading the thread so far, and I am impressed and daunted. I can't imagine handling this game as a single individual instead of a committee.

That said, I want in. A potential colony governor, perhaps?

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer
Professor of Applied Military Comms and Sensors Technology Studies
TO: Head of R&D, Ynkling

Thank you, sir, for finally slating me and my team to work in the exciting new world of TNE tech prototype development! We've all been preparing (and waiting) to finally get ourselves busy with next-generation TNE tech and it's an absolute honour to finally get that chance. We'll do our utmost to proceed in a timely manner when we receive the labs and funding, I promise.

It was about high time someone remembered us, if I may say so, sir. They were starting to get sloppy with the mealtimes. I heard one of my undergrads from France had to go three days on nothing more than bags of cheetohs and jars of nutella! Though, to be fair, someone might've been misunderstanding "Me nourrir, pour la pitié de Dieu" for 'this is delicious' rather than 'feed me, for the pity of god'.

Scribbleykins fucked around with this message at 00:53 on May 4, 2012

PokeWarVeteran
Apr 3, 2012

Iunnrais posted:

Just finished reading the thread so far, and I am impressed and daunted. I can't imagine handling this game as a single individual instead of a committee.

It's probably easier as a single person, as you can set a singular goal for your entire civilization if you want. I imagine once you get used to it you can manage most things in your head or at least with minor note-keeping. Nothing worse than regular Dwarf Fortress, just different.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
It's mostly the sheer NUMBER of things you need to keep track of that makes me feel like it needs a committee to run.

Ynkling
Mar 22, 2012

Once you get going it's not so bad. The event manager tells you whenever something finishes (research, ship construction, et c.), allowing you to simply give it a new command and continue passing time.

Figuring out long-term military research goals and research projects, however, is horrible, and the reason why my spacemen never get to leave Sol.

Ynkling
Mar 22, 2012

TO: UNEC, Resource Acquisition

UN Further Inspection Team (Geology)

I suggest that we appoint Dr. Samuel Jose (30% Geo rating) to head the UNFIT (Geology) team, drawing from the commanders of the missile bases to serve as his assistants. It would be ideal if we could spare CMDR Schuchman (25% Geo rating) from his FHQ survey post to shore up the expertise of the team.

Civilian Mines

We're wealthy beyond belief - we shouldn't let these resources escape from our jewel-encrusted grasp.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I'd be okay with increasing the tour of duty lengths. This is a really intriguing LP and I'd hate to see you burn out.

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

Ceebees posted:

1 - Now that i'm the UNSA attache to the Federation, is there anything i should be... doing?

2 - Does this model of the solar system have Ceres in it? If yes, can/did we geologize it for laughs?

1: The UNEC will be using you to present any treaties or communications to present to the Federation. Similarly, the Federation will use you as a conduit for any discourse it wishes to hold with the UN. There just hasn't been any yet.

2: No, the asteroids in the Sol system were randomly generated until they looked "right," and then hardcoded into the database. Version 5.70 will have 300+ real asteroids, Trojans, Centaurs, and Trans-Neptunian Objects, as well as a bunch of dwarf planets.

PokeWarVeteran posted:

So, is the type of officer put out each time completely random?

I've been waiting to graduate for a long time.

I believe the odds of any given type of officer being created are based on the number of openings available for that officer type. We're getting tons of naval and ground officers because we have all these missile complexes and low tech divisions. Until recently, we only had the Earth population to govern. We might start seeing a few more. You could always campaign for the construction of another military academy!

Jimmy4400nav posted:

Perfect, yes ,converted mines will work.

Sorry I didn't specify quantities, could we produce 5 mass drivers and 20 automated mines, I know we only have 3 colonies right now, but I figure that it will probably be a good idea to keep a couple of mass drivers in reserve so when we colonize more places we wont have to build right from the get go.

Once the Earth and Moon mass drivers are complete, can we deliver the Moon Mass Driver to Luna, as well as 10 manned mines?

Also, we probably will want to start adding more slipways soon, I figure we're going to need to produce more ships pronto.

I would suggest starting to ship the mines over now, (or better, have the civvies do it for you by setting up a contract). Since all our freighters only have 5000 tonne cargo capacities, it will take five trips to move a single mine. Other installations are even larger and will require 25 trips.

The final decision on this is up to Puistokemisti (since he controls mining), Farecoal (since the mines are on his colony) and/or DagPenge (since he controls the freighters and the civilian contracts).

Iunnrais posted:

Added you to the queue for civ administrators.

Captain Foo posted:

I'd be okay with increasing the tour of duty lengths. This is a really intriguing LP and I'd hate to see you burn out.

Oh, it's unlikely I'll burn out. I dislocated my kneecap at the end of March and don't have a lot else going on until I'm finished rehabbing it. Doing the reassignment updates is just a minor annoyance. I'm actually considering writing a program to parse the database directly to do the leader updates.

Lord Windy
Mar 26, 2010
TO: UNEC

I think, once we have Luna set up with a few mines and a Mass Driver, we should look at focusing on Mars colonization. Even consider moving our military production assets over (ie. our shipyards, ordnance factories) and making it the centre of our military operations.

It will be cheaper to maintain, and we can just keep shipping automatic mines and maybe a factory or two to keep with infrastructure improvements.

TO: Mysterious and Omniscient Overmind

bgreman, is there some repository of surveyed planets minerals? I couldn't find one when I went looking

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
TO: Lord Windy

Sir, recommend pushing all existing military rotations to either 12 or 18 months. Given my promotion, I have heard many complaints from my Colonels expressing displeasure at having to relearn many news things every six months. It will also cut down on unneccesary transfer paperwork.

The Ground Forces has no problem with granting Tranquility what they desire in the political arena. A local civilian govenor rather than a Military one is an acceptable choice. If they desire full UN Member-State status, then I would remind the people in Geneva and New York that they must have self-defence capacity, in case of Federation mis-aggression.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
TO: UNEC

Suggesting that we increase the tour lenght to 2 years at least for now.

My recommendation for the survey team is following:
Scientist Samuel Jose
Commander Charson Schuchman
Commander Zyrden
Captain Sad King Billy
Commander Akera Kusuriko

If the Fleet HQ does not wish for Commander Schuchman to be attached to the survey team, then replace him with Commander Freya Stokes. I'm recommendating Captain Billy on basis that the team needs experienced leader and also hopefully if he's stationed in space, he can manage to avoid falling down more stairs.

The team will need a ship to move them around, ideal option would be dedicated ship for the team but at this point, we simply do not have designs for such ship so I suppose we must do with York picking them up whenever it happens to be available.

We should send the team to survey the planets in this order
Luna
Mars
Venus
Calisto

I am also authorizing purchases of all mineral produced by Calisto mining complex.

For the mine distribution, all automated mines currently produced are to be sent to Venus as soon as they are ready, whatever by civilian contracts or by our ships. The first mass driver produced will be left on Earth, second to Venus, third to Luna and fourth to Mars.

Send 15 mines to Luna, same as before either by civilian contracts or by our own ships. I'm somewhat tempted to request a factory complex to be sent there also but for now, we can make better use of them on Earth.

Luna apparently need governor, who do we have available for that role?

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

Lord Windy posted:

TO: Mysterious and Omniscient Overmind

bgreman, is there some repository of surveyed planets minerals? I couldn't find one when I went looking

Geological Survey Report

This is a very useful screen (6th from the right on the System Map navbar, there doesn't appear to be a keyboard shortcut or menu option for it) that lets you see mineral quantities and availabilities, sort and filter based on mineral quantities or availabilities, and generally get a nice overview of the mineral situation.

The top left dropdown is the primary sorted mineral. Results will be sorted based on the quantity of this mineral. Auto-centre System Map on Selection opens the system map and centers it on the selected body if ticked.

Create Colony creates an "on-paper" colony on the body, which can be useful for making it show up in the Population and Production window, or the Task Groups orders pane.

Mineral Search is the guts of this screen. Species sets the species to be used when listing colony costs for the system bodies. The next dropdown selects the system to view bodies in, and can be set to all known systems to get a global overview of the mineral situation.

Second and Third Mineral set the mineral to use as the second sorting order, or to filter out bodies that don't contain both the primary mineral and the second (and/or third).

Minimum Minerals filters the list by removing all bodies with less than the specified amount of primary mineral. Minimum accessibility does the same for accessibility. Max Colony Cost allows filtering the list by removing bodies with a colony cost over the specified amount. Ignore colony cost ignores cost completely and displays all bodies that fit the mineral criteria, regardless of whether they are colonizable at all. Asteroids Only removes all non-asteroid bodies from the list. Search is useless, since as near as I can tell, the list updates instantly when you change a search parameter.

The pane below lists the bodies, including their System, the System Body (a (C) indicates your empire has a colony of some sort on the body), the Amount of primary mineral, the Accesibility of the primary mineral, and a list of Other Minerals present on the body, including their quantities and accessibility.

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

Mega double post.

To: Councilor Puistokemisti, Councilor Lord Windy, Councilor DagPenge
Re: UN Geological Survey Team(s)

Sir, we will be happy to begin outfitting these personnel for geological survey duties under your department's umbrella once they have been released to do so by the Director of Defense. The head of the DoT will have to arrange passage for them. Additionally, we believe you already have a team on Luna, so the team will initially be sent to Mars.

To: Councilor Puistokemisti
Re: Purchasing Mineral Output

Esteemed Councilor, we will be happy to provide the UN with the output of our mining colony. As you've already been appraised of the fees involved, we would like to remind you that until there is a dedicated mass driver set to receive mineral packets, we will continue to stockpile our minerals here in our warehouses on Callisto. You may either pick up the minerals with one of your freighters, or wait until you have a mass driver capable of receiving our output.

Regards,

E Walters

To: Councilor Puistokemisti, Councilor DagPenge
Re: Mine Destinations

Sirs, preliminary civilian shipping contracts have been drawn up for the delivery of 15 Trans-Newtonian mines to the Tranquility colony. We await only the signature of Councilor DagPenge, Head of UNDOT. He may decide to cancel the contract and instead ship the mines manually.

To: UNEC
Re: Tranquility Governor

Sirs, at this time the only candidate available for the Tranquility governorship is A RICH WHITE MAN. His mining know-how will certainly be useful if/when mining operations begin at the colony. He will, of course, require transport to the colony.

I find it hilarious that, in game at least, A RICH WHITE MAN is a woman.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
What does "Colony Cost" mean, again?

Ynkling
Mar 22, 2012

Oh I guess we already have a Geology team. A second team is still useful, though.

Colony cost is a score that signifies how different a planet is in habitability from Earth. Zero means it is just like Earth and a large number is bad. This score takes into account the gravity, atmospheric composition, temperature, and the presence of any horribly toxic gases. I'm unsure if bgreman went into specific detail about it.

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

Puistokemisti posted:

I am also authorizing purchases of all mineral produced by Calisto mining complex.

Oh sure, now you authorize this. :colbert:

bgreman posted:

Sirs, at this time the only candidate available for the Tranquility governorship is A RICH WHITE MAN.

A rich whitey on the moon is just what we need.

Iunnrais posted:

What does "Colony Cost" mean, again?

Multiply the colony cost number by 100 and that's the amount of infrastructure installations needed to support 1 million people on that planet. The number can be changed through researching colony cost reduction, making a bunch of mutant freaks that are more tolerant of certain conditions, or terraforming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

If anything, digging for rocks can be a physically active job. Hopefully I can recover fast.

• Locked thread