Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
TO: UNEC

Can we start shipping colonists to the moon with York in viable amounts to man all critical equipment there? Also, I approve naming the base there Tranquility Base, it will also remind the Feds who got there first.

I would personally suggest spreading the labs as they become available between Dr.s Eumenides and Barrelfox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

Puistokemisti posted:

Can we start shipping colonists to the moon with York in viable amounts to man all critical equipment there? Also, I approve naming the base there Tranquility Base, it will also remind the Feds who got there first.

I would personally suggest spreading the labs as they become available between Dr.s Eumenides and Barrelfox.

The York is a freighter so it only delivers freight. It can also trasport a survey team or something if we want. That would be a good idea to do too. It's very likely our probe won't find any TNEs but a survey team after the scan will always find something and if they are already milling about up there when the survey is complete in a few months then they can get started right away.

To get settlers up there we have two choices. First we could retool our shipyard and build a Galicia-class passenger cruiser. Second we can wait for our civilian shipping line to buy a Galicia and let them do it all. We could also do both. We might have to subsidize McKiernan Transport Corporation first to convince them to spend money though, I'm not too clear on how they decide things. Wouldn't cost us much though. Either way we won't be getting a huge amount of guys up there until we have cryogenics ready. By that time we should have quite a bit of infrastructure ready. And speaking of infrastructure it looks like the estimates for how much we needed were off a bit. We should build some more so the place is ready for cryo equipped colony ships.

As for the name, I'm kinda partial to Giant Leap but if we go with Tranquility Base maybe you should lose the "Base" since it isn't a base.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

The_White_Crane posted:

Because it's not ill-omened at all, I suggest 'Moonbase Alpha'.

To: UNEC

I agree with the quoted proposal.

Just make sure we don't dump nuclear waste on the far side of the moon.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I would support Colonel SPERMCUBE.ORG's suggestion of "Great Leap" for our Lunar facility.

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

I'm intentionally being as verbose as possible in negotiations for my own amusement.
Another vote for Tranquility Base.

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010
Schwarze Sonne

Zyrden
Mar 25, 2012

Climbing gear.
I'll vote for Moonbase Alpha.

And since I've actually been to the moon, my vote should count double :colbert:

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

Captain Foo posted:

I would support Colonel SPERMCUBE.ORG's suggestion of "Great Leap" for our Lunar facility.

FROM: The Nondescript Internet Cafe Stall of SPERMCUBE.ORG
CO of the 57th LTA "Think Tanks"
TO: Spacebook Contacts
RE: AN URGENT MATTER

While I appreciate Commander Captain Foo's confidence in me the fact remains that I never made such a suggestion. I am therefore forced to conclude that there is operating in our midst at least one Federation agent disguised as me. To what purpose I can't even guess. I beg the UN to allocate all available intelligence assets to blow the lid off of this no doubt nefarious plot. In the meantime I will be taking what measures I deem necessary to protect myself from replacement.

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous
Gingrinchia, named after one of the greatest dreamers of the last decade.

KSAF Staff Report
Dec 5, 2011

#acolyte faggot Hall of Fame
Ask me about trying to get published by The Black Library in between the minutes of Traffic Court reporting. Also ask me about having a game survival rate worse than the Infant Mortality Rate of Afghanistan

berryjon posted:

TO: UN Leadership

Please find attached a petition signed by the members of my command to name our Lunar outpost Tranquility Base in honour of the first manned landing of our closest heavenly neighbour.

I think this is an excellent itdea.

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT STICKING WITH A YEARS-LONG LETS PLAY OF THE MOST COMPLICATED SPACE SIMULATION GAME INVENTED, PLAYING BOTH SIDES, AND SPENDING HOURS GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND TO ENSURE INTERNET STRANGERS ENJOY THEMSELVES
UN, 27th January 2026

During a live-fire training exercise with his unit, COL Deade is seriously injured.

UN, 29th January 2026

Dr. Slaan's constant hard work pays off, as he becomes an even more effective research team leader. Jealous of Dr. Slaan's success, Dr. Scribbleykins begins to make inroads with UN higher-ups, hoping to eventually receive a research appointment.

Later that day, Missile Complex Valkyrie receives delivery of two new Gold Rush survey drones, and launches them at Mars. A communications error prevents the launch for 20 seconds, but it is eventually successful.

UN, 5th February 2026, 8:03 UTC

Re: Federation Contacts

Sirs, the contact designated Krivak 002 has been detected. It appeared from a bearing of approximately 235' solar true at 03:57 UTC, made directly for Earth, lingered in Earth orbit for approximately 10 minutes, then transited to the moon. It stayed there for about five minutes, then headed directly sun-ward before disappearing from the DSTS again just minutes ago.

UN, 11th February 2026

CMDR Morrow's ability to command a task group improves. Later, Missile Complex Valkyrie launches a single Gold Rush to survey Mercury.

UN, 22nd February 2026

The Federation launches a pair of probes at Mercury. CMDR Galenus is given a much-awaited promotion to Captain. A new graduate joins the UNIN officer corps.

Note that this gives us 9 captains now, which means one of them will receive an imminent promotion to commodore.

Yep.

UN, 25th February 2026

Realizing that one probe won't be sufficient to fully survey Mercury, the UNIN-UNSA team launches another Gold Rush at the planet.

UN, 9th March 2026

Commodore Boen's ability to improve the quality of crewmen under his command improves.

UN, 29th March 2026

A busy day for the UN. A new ground forces officer and the launch of three Gold Rush probes to Venus.

Most importantly, however, the first Prospector probe, having been deployed to Luna more than three months before, yields results.

To: UN Department of Resource Acquisition
Re: Mineral Availability Report, Luna

Please find attached 1) an initial report of lunar mineral quantities and availabilities as determined by Prospector 1. 2) a list of personnel appropriate for forming a geological survey team and deploying to the lunar colony in order to refine these numbers.

Of these, RADM Stanberry is not assignable since he is the only one capable of commanding Fleet Headquarters right now. Dr. Eumenides, Dr. Slaan, and Dr. MagicBoots are currently leading research projects, which would need either paused or reassigned in order to use him. CMDR Zyrden is commanding the USMS York, so would need to be relieved.

Industry

Mining

Shipyards

Research

Still need an updated research order to avoid a pause when Nuclear Thermal finishes.

Lunar Colony Name Voting:
Tranquility: 3
Giant Leap: 3
Moonbase Alpha: 3 (this will need altered to something that doesn't involve "Base" since, as noted, its not a base, it's more like a small city).
Schwarze Sonne: 1
Gingrichia: 1

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

bgreman posted:

Lunar Colony Name Voting:
Tranquility: 3
Moonbase Alpha: 3 (this will need altered to something that doesn't involve "Base" since, as noted, its not a base, it's more like a small city).

The original Moonbase Alpha was more like a small big city, so the name totally fits :colbert:

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer
Does Political Reliability do anything specific? I can't remember if it's come up before.

Also, Lunar Colony Tranquility sounds like a good name for it.

Ynkling
Mar 22, 2012

For these reasons I vote for granting UN membership to our moon.
+1 for Moonbase Alpha. Acceptable modification: Moonburg Alpha

RE: Research orders

Upon completion of the new engine, shift Dr. Eumenides to the Cargo Handling project with 15 labs, Dr. Magicboots to the Cryogenics project with 5, and give Dr. Barrelfox three more labs to a total of five.

On an unrelated note it is my recommendation that we send Dr. Scribbleykins to the moon.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

SWEET FANCY MOSES! Why haven't we finished colonizing Luna yet?! That's it, find everything with rocket engine attached to it and fire them at Luna, rivet the colonists to outer hull if needed.

Look at those datas, Luna is better source of some TNE minerals than our own Earth. We need colonists, mines and automated mines transported to Luna as soon as possible, we have to tap this before the Feds can.

Because of this, I'm formally requestiong that part of our industrial capacity is diverted to construction of mass drive network and automated mines. As soon as our new cargo-loading technology is ready for production, we should also start constructing some heavy weight freighters.

Mikl posted:

The original Moonbase Alpha was more like a small big city, so the name totally fits :colbert:

It could easily be named Moonbase Alpha if it's assumed that it grew from, around and over the military base that was there orginally. Perhaps the citizens still consider themselves to be part of military forces despite the orginal base being long gone. :v:

PokeWarVeteran
Apr 3, 2012

bgreman posted:

And you all were saying the moon was a waste of time.

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT STICKING WITH A YEARS-LONG LETS PLAY OF THE MOST COMPLICATED SPACE SIMULATION GAME INVENTED, PLAYING BOTH SIDES, AND SPENDING HOURS GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND TO ENSURE INTERNET STRANGERS ENJOY THEMSELVES

Scribbleykins posted:

Does Political Reliability do anything specific? I can't remember if it's come up before.

Also, Lunar Colony Tranquility sounds like a good name for it.

Political Reliability is used to add promotion points for those leaders who can be promoted. Scientists can't be promoted, so in-game it has no effect.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
From U.N Industrial Command

Once our financial centres are finished, I'll start building automated mines, how many do you think we'll need. We can have the Yorks transport minerals from Luna back to earth until we can get rail guns built.

Edit* I vote for Tranquility for the name

Jimmy4400nav fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Apr 15, 2012

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
TO: Assorted Naysayers

I posted:

The launch of this probe, in light of the fact that the Federation recently landed on the moon suggests a high probability that their initial visit discovered deposits of TNEs, which they now wish to map in detail for future exploitation.

Perhaps, in future, you will not doubt my powers of strategic analysis.
And no-one is to mention the previous year's wargames.
Bribing members of the other teams with fine cognac counts as strategy, drat it!

What is the policy, if any, regarding staking claim to celestial bodies? Is it possible for us (or the commies) to designate areas of Luna as sovreign soil, such that incursions upon it would be considered a warful act?

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

+1 for Tranquility Colony.

Zyrden
Mar 25, 2012

Climbing gear.

bgreman posted:

During a live-fire training exercise with his unit, COL Deade is seriously injured.
What effect does injuries have?

And I just noticed that I am in poor health condition :ohdear:
(And that my first medal is that BEAUTIFUL Freighter Captain memorabilia coin :v:)

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

The_White_Crane posted:

What is the policy, if any, regarding staking claim to celestial bodies? Is it possible for us (or the commies) to designate areas of Luna as sovreign soil, such that incursions upon it would be considered a warful act?

Please see this post for details on the Outer Space Treaty. There have been rumblings of drafting a new version of the treaty, but internal UN disagreements have prevented movement on that front, and in any case, there is as yet no team qualified enough to enter into negotiations with the Federation.

Zyrden posted:

What effect does injuries have?

And I just noticed that I am in poor health condition :ohdear:
(And that my first medal is that BEAUTIFUL Freighter Captain memorabilia coin :v:)

I've searched and searched and found no answer. I only know the mechanics for the odds of getting hurt.

Derail: Throughout Aurora's development, Steve has posted information to the pentarch forum. However, they at one point lost all (or most) posts from the forum, and new forum software was implemented. Lots of the inner workings of Aurora were lost with that forums outage, but that was from the earliest versions. So basically, if functionality was changed in later versions, it can be found with some searching. If its the same as in early versions of Aurora, the information is probably lost.

I'll post a question to Steve and ask what exactly it does.

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

And to think so many doubted the wisdom of my moon colony proposals. Maybe now you will all come to recognize, as I have, the value of reckless behavior.

Now in the past I have made some spooky accurate predictions and analyses of commie behavior. I'm going to push my luck with another one. The Feds just sent a Krivak (which is useless) toward the sunward planets after a short stop at the moon. I'm willing to bet that Krivak was delivering a geological survey team to the surface of the moon. We have to respond in kind. We should assemble a geological survey team of our own comprised of:
Captain Ronnie Vanscooter
Captain Fredric Dimitri
Commander Francesca Marsh
Commander Mikl
and Commander Hatoyama Norihisa
Together they have a geo rating of 90 whatevers. They should be put on our York and dropped on the moon as soon as possible. We still might not be able to beat the Federation at the survey but if they don't go at all we certainly won't.

I still say we need more infrastructure too. Give our York something to do, make Zyrden earn that medal. Because once we have colony ships with cryogenics and cargo handling, the moon is going to fill up fast.

Zyrden posted:

You're welcome. :smugdog:

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

To: UN Shipyard Command
Re: Shipyard plans

Are we commissioning a new York, or TNE driven York variant any time soon? If not it may be worth retooling for Galicia, to get preparation crews on the moon for when we eventually make Colonial freighters, using the Cryogenics modules being developed. On the other hand we could until the end of May, and retool for Galicia IIs with TNE engines.

What are our current plans regarding the ISS yards?

DagPenge
Jun 4, 2011

Looks like our civilians are fine, thank god for the capitalist spirit!

First off lets name our moon colony Tranquility, that'll remind the Reds who got there first as someone said.
Also with the amount of minerals on the moon, I think it will be wise to start colonization proper, this has the advantage of training us on how to do it elsewhere, once our probes report back.
Lets get that research done and those ships building, we have a pioneer history and it's about time we showed that!

Also feel free to reasign me to a ship if needed, I am pretty good a coordinating logistics and I have been reading up on the possibilities of terraforming, if we ever get a ship that can do that.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

I am nominating following members of our military to handle our current Geosurvey needs
code:
Captain Ronnie Vanscooter
Captain Fredric Dimitri
Commander Francesca Marsh
Commander Mikl
Commander Hatoyama Norihisa
They should have the skills required and as Military personal they should understand the need for secrecy in this.

TO: Industrial Command
If you take a look at the data we got, you can note that Luna has almost as much TNE elements as Earth. In fact, in some cases it's easier to mine for the mineral on Luna than on Eart. As such, we should consider it to be equally important as our earthen storages and thus we should construct fairly large amounts of mining equipment to be moved there.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Gameplay question (again):

How do you create a waypoint on Luna (or any other planet) that sticks to it? Do probes even still work when they wind up half way across the solar system because orbits!

Red Mike
Jul 11, 2011

Veloxyll posted:

Gameplay question (again):

How do you create a waypoint on Luna (or any other planet) that sticks to it? Do probes even still work when they wind up half way across the solar system because orbits!

Select Luna (or any other planet) by clicking on it, so the game window centers on it. Go to the waypoints tab and hit 'Last'. That will create a waypoint affixed to the planet.

If a probe isn't on the planet itself, it won't work.

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

RE: Lunar Settlement

In about 197 days our cargo handling research project finishes. That's a big milestone because at that point we'll have everything we need to design a new generation of cargo and colony ships. Something like this:

code:
CT-30 class Colony Ship    10,000 tons     138 Crew     462.5 BP      TCS 200  TH 62  EM 0
310 km/s     Armour 1-41     Shields 0-0     Sensors 1/1/0/0     Damage Control Rating 1     PPV 0
MSP 29    Max Repair 16 MSP
Colonists 30000    Cargo Handling Multiplier 30    

Nuclear Thermal Engine E1 (1)    Power 62.5    Fuel Use 10%    Signature 62.5    Armour 0    Exp 1%
Fuel Capacity 50,000 Litres    Range 90.0 billion km   (3360 days at full power)

This design is classed as a Commercial Vessel for maintenance purposes
The point here isn't designing a new class for the future it's the design itself. A ship like this can transport 30,000 colonists in one trip and it only takes 5 hours to load and unload them. That's about 2 trips to the moon per day with holds full of people popsicles. That means a few things for the moon.

First is that we shouldn't build a Galicia because before we're even done retooling for it we can have a design for a next generation colony ship to replace it. 'Till then leave the Galicia for our shipping line to build if they want.

Second is that this thing carries an awful lot of people. In less than a day it can fill up the current capacity of our moon city. That's why we need to start filling the moon with infrastructure now to try to stay ahead of that. The key number here is 366 units of infrastructure. At that point the moon can support 1 million colonists and things begin to take care of themselves.

Finally number three is that in order to reduce the time it takes to produce a new ship class this year plans should be put in place to design its engines as soon as the research project for Nuclear Thermal Engines is finished at the end of May. That way they will be ready and waiting for whatever new ship designs we need.

Vander
Aug 16, 2004

I am my own hero.
Re: Missle Complex Valkyrie communications error

Gentlemen,

The communication errors that caused a needless delay in the launch of the probes is likely the result of a training exercise carelessly left installed after my departure. You see, in an effort to streamline the process and to illuminate just what their function was, I had the launch controller's terminal replaced with only two buttons: 'LAUNCH' and 'DO NOT LAUNCH BECAUSE I LIKE TO THINK FOR MYSELF AND AM A PANSY'. If the latter button is hit, the crewman pressing it feels a moderate level of discomfort delivered by a 10 second low voltage electrical charge.

While a laudable exercise in discipline (if I do say so myself), it appears that the current commander failed to read the manual I helpfully left for his consumption. The device is located on page 2214 of volume VII. The chapter heading is 'Discipline Exercises 8: Electricity traps- Paranoia and the human psyche. If he had stuck to the study schedule I left for him, he should be well past Volume VII by now. Please make sure the current CMDR is sticking to his schedule and this won't happen again.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
SUBJ: gently caress YOU, DETAILER

So I finally got that promotion that I was looking for, and this is what I get. Sent to the Missile Complex Snowshovel. Do you know why they call this place that? It is because you sent me to our antarctic holding. I thought my holding period was bad, but you've sent me here. It must be karmic.

Have you ever seen The Thing? It is like that, except without the head spiders and aliens or excitement. Or anything. There is nothing in Antarctica.

I hope you don't militarize the moon, because some rear end in a top hat who is working the orders has it out for me and is trying to send me as far away from civilization as possible.

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

bgreman posted:

I've searched and searched and found no answer. I only know the mechanics for the odds of getting hurt.

I'll post a question to Steve and ask what exactly it does.

Apparently a commander's health influences his odds of dying or retiring. I didn't get a formula for it, but there you go.

Commoners posted:

SUBJ: gently caress YOU, DETAILER

Mad about assignments.

Base name updated and commander image updated.

Lunar Colony Voting
Tranquility: 7
Moonbase Alpha: 4

Voting will end tomorrow at 5pm EST.

UN, 30th March 2026

The UN Geological Survey team hitches a ride on the USMS York and begins its survey of the lunar TNE deposits.

UN, 8th April 2026

Captain Nicholas Uitz becomes a more effective commander. Elsewhere, the UN's financial expansion project finishes. Analysts estimate that the project will increase the UN's revenues by the same amount as taxation of 3 million citizens. In the time span since the project started, the UN has increased in population by about 48 million.

Each financial centre generates wealth equivalent to 1,000,000 citizens.

Wealth Overview

This is the top part of the Wealth / Trade tab of the Population and Production screen. I'll cover the bottom portion of it (Trade) in a future update.

Annual Racial Wealth is how much gross income the empire generates (in million euros). Racial Per Capita Income is the total wealth production of the empire divided by the population of all colonies of the empire, while Population Per Capita Income is the wealth generated by this population divided by the number of people in the population. These latter two are in euros. This might seem low, but again, think of these values as the funds available for TN-centric activities (spaceships, TN installations, research, etc), after all the social, domestic, and planetary expenditures have been deducted (government salaries, roads, police, etc).

Right now, every citizen of the UN contributes about 20 euro to the UN's TN-based budget. That therefore means that 1 million citizens produce €20 million, or 20 wealth. This is controlled by the Civilian Economy tech-line, and the baseline is 20. Each new step of the Civ Economy Tech increases the per-capita income by 20%.

Tax Wealth at a population is generated as:

(Pop in millions + Financial Centres) * Wealth Rate * Governor Wealth Bonus * (Sector Wealth Bonus/4) * Political Status Wealth Mod * Pop Efficiency * Unrest Modifier * Radiation Modifier

The radio buttons below allow the income/expense reports to be based on the Last Month, Last Three Months, or Last Year. These are more like last 30 days, last 60 days, or last 360 days, respectively, not any kind of fixed calendar period.

The boxes below that break down the income and expenditure of the empire based on specific activities. For example, in the last 360 days (8 April 2025 to 8 April 2026), the UN spent 5,557.6 wealth (€5.56 billion) on building new installations. In the future, I'll provide the yearly report when I do the January 1st update each year.

The thing to take away here is that the UN is netting over €40 billion annually, though this rate is decreasing as the UN plunges further into space. It currently has over €150 billion in usable funds, which is enough to keep its activities going at their current rate for the next 13 years.

Industry

Needed: New production orders from Jimmy4400nav or Farecoal. Infrastructure for the lunar colony has been suggested, as well as automated mines.

bgreman fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Apr 16, 2012

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

bgreman posted:

Needed: New production orders from Jimmy4400nav or Farecoal. Infrastructure for the lunar colony has been suggested, as well as automated mines.

To: God/bgreman
Re: My Orders

I think I'll actually do something and tell you to assign the remaining construction capacity to infrastructure for the Lunar colony, which I hope will be named Moonburg Alpha.

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

Farecoal posted:

To: God/bgreman
Re: My Orders

I think I'll actually do something and tell you to assign the remaining construction capacity to infrastructure for the Lunar colony, which I hope will be named Moonburg Alpha.

I went ahead and set this order, assuming you wanted a total of 366 infrastructure (1 million citizens) on the moon. I also set the USMS York to shuttle the infrastructure to the moon.

UN, 25th April 2026

Captain Aubrey Musgrove receives a positive report during the latest fleet maneuver simulations.

UN, 2nd May 2026

Another academy graduate joins the UNIN naval officers corps. An initial oversight sends him to the vacant Survey Officer staff position at fleet headquarters, but a re-evaluation of his abilities gives him the Communications Officer billet. The former Comms. Officer, CMDR DagPenge, is assigned to one of the missile complexes. Elsewhere, CMDR Sad King Billy receives a promotion to Captain.

UN, 7th May 2026

The initial run of Gold Rush geosurvey drones ends. The UN has four the drones still in the stockpiles. The UNIN-UNSA team in charge of the project suggests using them on Jupiter's moons when they come in range in about three months.

Re: Mars Survey Report
Classification: Top-Secret, UNEC-only

Sirs, the Prospector 2/3 survey report has come in. Attached is the minerology report. Of far more pressing concern is the apparent detection of designed structures under the Martian surface. As they are obviously not of human origin, we can only conclude that they were constructed by an extraterrestrial intelligence at some unknown point in the past. The significance to humanity cannot be overstated. We must rush a team to the site to exmaine the ruins. Attached is a list of qualified individuals.

It should also be noted that if the Federation possesses the same level of geological sensors as we do, their survey would have completed in early March, based on the launch and arrival date of their probes. They surely know about these ruins, but have said nothing to us about them. They may have a team on site already, if they picked up a xenology team durig the last Krivak sighting.

Industry

Let me know if you want me to change the infrastructure order.

Mining

Research

I'll let you guys chew on this until tomorrow. I will advance time then, with any changed orders you give.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

With the establishment of a serious colony, I think we need to improve our ability to man it. Begin construction of a second York, followed by a Galacia class ship. Do any of my fellow policymakers have an opinion on this?

KSAF Staff Report
Dec 5, 2011

#acolyte faggot Hall of Fame
Ask me about trying to get published by The Black Library in between the minutes of Traffic Court reporting. Also ask me about having a game survival rate worse than the Infant Mortality Rate of Afghanistan
I'm more interested in getting some people on that ruin. Possesion is 9/10s of the law and the other 1/10th is our missile bases.

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

Triskelli posted:

With the establishment of a serious colony, I think we need to improve our ability to man it. Begin construction of a second York, followed by a Galacia class ship. Do any of my fellow policymakers have an opinion on this?

To: Councilor Triskelli, Head of UN DoT
Re: Shipyard plans

A new York-class would occupy the single slipway at the ISS until 21st September. If we started retooling for the Galicia class immediately after starting construction on the York, retooling would complete on 13th December. From there, construction of the Galicia would take 260 days, or until roughly early September. In that time, we would surely have designed ships with TNE-based drives, so we recommend waiting until the end of this month for the new drive technology, and the two weeks or so we estimate it would take to design drives using the new technology, and see where things stand then.

In summary, it may be worthwhile to still build the second York-class in the meantime, but retooling for Galicia should probably wait until updated engine designs come out.

Ynkling
Mar 22, 2012

For these reasons I vote for granting UN membership to our moon.
If you send a xeno team to check out ruins do you then gain possession of the ones you uncover?

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
58th Armor Command "Rocket and Roll"
TO: UN COMMAND

Please use the York to deliver 1 full shipment of colony supplies to Mars immediately, and send the Xeno Team there to investigate the ruins. We need this, and we need it more than the Federation does.

And we can enforce our claim with our ability to send colonists as soon as they become available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

RE: Goddamn Aliens?

Alien ruins, huh? I don't like it. We know the Federation has been loving around on Mars for a while. This could be a commie trap.

Well aliens or commies I suppose this needs some kind of response. Too bad there isn't much we can do about it right now really. We can pack a team away onto our York and send them to Mars that way. They might even get there before the year is out! Can we get an image showing us Mars' current position relative to Earth, please?

We could also wait the 18 days for our Nuclear Thermal Engines to finish researching, design some military engines at 120rp with as many labs as we can spare under Dr. Slaan, and then slap together a fast shuttle. Something small with only 1 military engine on it and nothing else. Not even engineering spaces. Basically a UN version of the red's Krivak. Except this one would travel at 2777 km/s.
Our one big break is that our Military shipyard is not tooled for anything and can be immediately set to produce a new design. I'd guess that construction on such a shuttle could begin in about one month. Construction would take about 2 1/2 months. Travel time to Mars is too short to actually matter.

I don't think we can make this decision without knowing the current distance and position of Mars though. It might be a trip a York could make.

• Locked thread