Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Yeah, I wouldn't want to be a boss in the game they introduce Rocket Punch Hyaku Renpatsu, either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Japan route. For the love of all that is awesome Japan route

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Nah, you get them 2 missions early on the next route choice but there's only one time in the entire game that Getter doesn't show up on the route with all the other super robots.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I'm partial to putting hit and away on Kouji, for reasons we'll see before long.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

CaptainRat posted:

Hit and Away and EN Save on Kouji always worked out pretty well for me.

Yep. Anything that lets us us THAT particular portable war crime more often is well worth it. FFS the attack makes it's own WEATHER.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Infinity Gaia posted:

To be perfectly fair, that's actually a reasonably common thing to happen in SRW. Some attacks create a whole stage for them. Need I remind you of Ialdabaoth and his endless mountains, used only for the sake of dramatically destroying?

Yeah, but they don't do it with what would be just something basic to poke with when things are out of melee range. Terrain coming out of nowhere for an attack is pretty bog-standard anyway.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I'd say Shinji bitchslapping Kira Yamato in Alpha 3 is probably the best SRW quote. Alphaverse was so fun.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

And it isn't done shining since they saved 2 really big upgrades for the next game.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Let's face it, half the reason Shin Mazinger exists is to make Mazinger Z into a loving awesome SRW unit.

And the other half is so Imagawa can troll us with another ending promising the moon, stars and all things under the sky

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Mercury Crusader posted:

Well, first off, you need to watch Shin Mazinger. It is literally the best Super Robot show of the past decade. Some folks will say Gurren Lagann was that, but they're just bustas. Real deal OG super robot fans know the score. :c00lbert:

I have to refute this simply because Gaogaigar Final is still less than 10 years old. Shin Mazinger is a close second but :drat:

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Why wouldn't anyone want MORE MAZINGER?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Tobias Grant posted:

It does indeed.

Let me guess, they use Last Impression for the Endless Waltz versions. Getting a little tired of that. Oh wait, they don't have those in Z2.2, do they?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

King J-Der is another ranged super that's always nice. J Phoenix has stupid long range (I want to say 2-9 in W) and decent power on a unit with 3 or 4 pilots, a barrier and a bunshin clone.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Mercury Crusader posted:

Someday, I hope...

Someday...

:negative:

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Kamina is basically every hot blooded super robot stereotype mashed into one man. He really thinks he can beat Ryouma at his own game.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

To be fair, SRW1 was super limited and none of the pilots were in it, just the robots.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Hunter Noventa posted:

They basically only allude to the size in the anime, but yeah.

Course, the original Macross could fly in atmosphere in either mode too.

What I still don't get is how Gurren Lagann qualifies as a Large, but Mazinger Z is only Medium.

Mazinger Z is officially only something like 18 meters tall. There are bigger Gundams. Large size usually implies 40+ meters tall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

They really, desperately need to put New Getter into a bigger game. I'd say Z3 but they probably don't want it to turn into Getter Robo Daikessen

• Locked thread