Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wounded Land
Nov 27, 2007
Living in a greenhouse, growing crops that we can't eat...
Dang, why did nobody tell me about this thread when it started?
So, after two weeks of cram-reading, I'm caught up, and I have a couple of silly mechanics questions.
First, it was mentioned that when a support attacker kills an enemy, they get credit for the kill. Do they also get a share of the XP, or is that going to have to wait another 10 years to happen?
Secondly, if you put a pilot who gets extra money/XP/PP on a sub-order, does the bonus activate?

This LP is fantastic, I like this style of summarizing the dialogue over Nidengard's line-by-line recaps, and I think that sometime this or next year I'll get myself a PSP so I can play the game myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wounded Land
Nov 27, 2007
I forgot how drat ridiculous Nadleeh looks. Did Tiera really think it was important that his Gundam have streamers, and did he also opt for a banana seat?

Wounded Land
Nov 27, 2007
Could we see what Zuul says to Crowe?
And my favorite thing about the Godmars' animation is how they literally change Takeru's haircut for every cut-in.

Wounded Land
Nov 27, 2007

AradoBalanga posted:

There's that, but both opening cinematics for the Z2 games feature Godmars moving with fluidity for the few shots its in them. So...why do that for the opening cinematics and not for the in-game action?

Basically, if your opening cinematics tease something, there should be an effort to see that teasing, in my opinion.

Ever since MX's cinematic promised us team attacks between Raiden and (sigh) Raxephon and Daimos/Vikungfu/Dendoh and the game completely failed to deliver, I've never expected the cinematics to accurately reflect the game.

Wounded Land
Nov 27, 2007
You shoulda had Duo take out at least once Cancer, since for some reason Deathscythe is supposed to be pretty great underwater.
Also, Haro-as-copilot basically makes them into R2-D2s.

Wounded Land
Nov 27, 2007
If Gaioh is the King of Destruction, does that mean that he's Guy Sishioh, come to enact the plot of the cancelled GGGF/Betterman sequel that everybody hated?

Also, I'm voting firmly for Area 11 for More Chirico. (And to be contrary :p)

Wounded Land
Nov 27, 2007

S.D. posted:

Has Orguss appeared in any Super Robot Wars games before Z? I just have this mental image of the scenario writer (or writers) cackling gleefully that they no longer have to justify explaining why there are all these giant robots are on earth - "a bomb did it".

The way the Orguss Combo's pilot cut-ins looked in Z, you'd certainly think they'd been taken from a PS1-era game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FriP45nmtmU&t=296s (Video might be a spoiler for later in the game or the next game, though I think the cut-in was changed)

Wounded Land
Nov 27, 2007
Zambot 3, hell yes! I've loved that robot ever since SRW4, and I've kept it on my Must Deploy list in every game I've played that it showed up in. I should figure out where I put the fansub of the series so I can finish watching it.

Wounded Land
Nov 27, 2007
I love Rand far far more... at least until the upgrade, which is one of those upgrades I wish the game would take back.

Wounded Land
Nov 27, 2007
Oh my lord, this update! :swoon:
Wasn't KG's Overskill Attack created for Z Special Disc, or am I completely off base?
Also, I like that they completely changed the Black Hole dynamic kill animation to actually show Brunhilde as opposed to Z1's version, where you could sort of almost see her if you were paying real good attention.

Wounded Land
Nov 27, 2007
Speaking of BGMs, why isn't Satellite Cannon playing when it's used? That was the most interesting part of using the satcannon for me.
I've always gotten the impression that the SRW crew doesn't like X, hence why they don't do very well with it.

Wounded Land
Nov 27, 2007
I'm hoping that they'll do an Impact-style rerelease of Z2 for PS3 that incorporates the Tri System. Or even for PS4 :v:

Wounded Land
Nov 27, 2007
Man, Marguerite's cut-in is embarrassing as hell.
Also, why do you call the "fire everything" attacks "Alpha Strike"?

Wounded Land
Nov 27, 2007
Couldn't you just cheat in an extra SR point?

Wounded Land
Nov 27, 2007

Omnicrom posted:

However when Max and Milia teamed up they were both in Valkyries, Milia had stopped flying her Queadlun Rau at this point.

Isn't there a secret you can do in Alpha where Max has himself reverse-micronized so they both fly Queadlun-Raus?

Wounded Land
Nov 27, 2007
They should put in "Because You're Waiting" :v:
Also, I'm glad they've kept Camille's turn-around cut-in from Z1, it's just about my favorite cut-in in SRW history.

Wounded Land
Nov 27, 2007
Honestly, if all you're doing is translating the dialogue, I'd get bored of it quickly. At that point it'd be less of a "Let's Play" than a plot rundown.

Wounded Land
Nov 27, 2007
Oh boy, Gravion. The one thing I liked about Gravion in Z1 (The JAM Project theme) is apparently absent from Z2, so I guess that's a write-off for me. I kinda liked the Gran Trooper as a squad-filler, though.

Wounded Land
Nov 27, 2007
Wow, I don't remember the Giant Rose Hand Punch at all, but that might just be because I didn't bother with Aquarion most of the time. Can you still switch the pilots around and get Flaming Soccer Kick?

Wounded Land
Nov 27, 2007
...Did they change Sylvia's portrait? I don't remember her looking quite so eager in Z1.

Wounded Land
Nov 27, 2007
And there we go, the high point of Code Geass :D
It'd be pretty great to see this stage in a game with a properly 3D map, though.

Wounded Land
Nov 27, 2007
I kind of prefer the way they did Mao here, just because it's much more straight forward. Unfortunately, we don't get his ridiculously sarcastic applause, which is my favorite part of Mao's character.

Wounded Land
Nov 27, 2007
I'm surprised Gawain's MAP attack isn't a Rolling Buster like in the show.

Wounded Land
Nov 27, 2007
Putting all my votes behind Watta as a hedge against the same jerks who voted *against* Boss in Mazinger Z in the W LP :|

Also, I'd kinda like to see what Kei has to say to this mystery enemy.

Wounded Land
Nov 27, 2007
I'm amused that they reused Dancougar's 4-pilot cutin from Alpha 3, and apparently didn't bother to increase the resolution when they did so.

Wounded Land
Nov 27, 2007
If it turns out her brother is actually dead and this isn't just Ime bullshitting, I'm gonna be disappointed.
Also, what's the melee version of the VX attack?

Wounded Land
Nov 27, 2007

I guess Crowe is better at putting long things into circular things than I thought. :v:

Wounded Land
Nov 27, 2007
Yay, Baldios! It's interesting that Baldios and Ideon ran at the same time and both have absurdly tragic endings.

The whole time I played Z1 I thought "Palsaber" was a typo of "Balsaber," and that the spinning-blade attack was a typo of "Balsaber Drinking."

Wounded Land
Nov 27, 2007
Google Translate calls it "Ringing de," so maybe it's Pulsaber D'Ringing, because it rings the enemy's bell. :v:

Wounded Land
Nov 27, 2007
Easy: He gets brought back from the previous universe by a Boson Jump! :v:

Wounded Land
Nov 27, 2007
Is it just me, or is Nia much less obnoxious in here than in the show?

Wounded Land
Nov 27, 2007
Oh that's right, Setsuna is Sosuke but stupid, I'd forgotten about that. Too bad Ali isn't nearly as freakishly entertaining an enemy as Gauron.

Wounded Land
Nov 27, 2007
So if you did upgrade Lancelot, do the upgrades carry over to consecutive replays regardless of the refund?

Wounded Land
Nov 27, 2007
Ohgi's there to be the biggest creeper in creepsville. And sadly he's the only one of the "regular" Black Knights I remember anything about from watching the show.

Delta Green posted:

I like that the money launch was Roger's idea.

As if we needed more proof that Roger Smith is indeed the Anime Batman in a stylish suit (and Giant Robot).

Wouldn't this make him Anime Nicholson Joker? :v:

Wounded Land
Nov 27, 2007
Invincible Combination! :swoon:
Final Dancouhou! :allears: (Whenever I see those cutins I wonder if they took them from that OAV that was all music videos :p)

And screw you Sandman, you're not Rom Stohl.

Wounded Land
Nov 27, 2007
Yay, Amuro's back! I love that his ace bonus is "Better At Gundams," though sadly a lack of Mk.II means we don't get to see him beating the crap out of people with the Flying Armor Kick. Can he still pilot Turn-A, and thus leave Loran to sit on the bench forever?

Wounded Land
Nov 27, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

He can and it rocks.

Yaaay! Caphi, PLEASE make Amuro in Turn A happen at least once.

Wounded Land
Nov 27, 2007
Would it be possible to get a video of Platoon Combat?

Wounded Land
Nov 27, 2007
Thank you, Caphi! That's a surprisingly... smooth jazzy BGM compared to Flaming Destiny or however you want to translate the OP's title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wounded Land
Nov 27, 2007
When you said every super robot, you got my hopes up, but no God Sigma or Invincible Brats :( I wonder what they have to say to Saotome.

• Locked thread