Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Kata-Haro posted:

Good rule of thumb is, if the back of the MS is spewing out fairy dust of any color ,then it's got a Solar Furnace.

...I'll never look at those mechs the same again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Japan for the insanity.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Will Limit Break and EN Save, we're gonna smash poo poo and we're going to keep smashing poo poo.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Mazinger can only lead to awesome.

Omnicrom posted:

In addition for those who are alarmed about Dai-Guards armor don't be, when it joins the armor starts at around 1200, low for mecha that isn't fast and is going to be taking hits but much better than the zinc armor. Oh yeah, apparently the armor you see on Dai-Guard in this episode is Zinc, which is brittle and therefore not likely to stand up to being smacked by a robot. Dai-Guard is a glass cannon of a unit, it's slow, can't take hits well, and has low movement.
A bit like early game G-Gundam units in J? Those were a pain in the butt to keep alive at first(esp with how hard their antagonist bosses hit), but towards the end became serious asskickers.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

vilkacis posted:

...but if you sit around waiting for the first wave, you'll have to wait twice as long to engage them instead (and probably more, given enemies tend to have worse movement rates than units with accel or +movement parts).

Plus, even if that means a couple of rounds of downtime between waves, it gives you time to repair and resupply, so it's still not a complete loss.
Actually, I noticed if time is not an issue, letting them come to you just means they're nicely clumped up for your waiting Combo attacks. Probably not MAPs though(those are for the second wave on).

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Pureauthor posted:

Okay then, I'm apparently completely wrong on the pronounciation and need to go back to studying Chinese properly, but it's still written 'Wang Liu Mei' in english.

Try Cantonese, it should be pronounced similar to that(though you probably won't be using 'Wang' rather than 'Wong' in that case).

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Didn't the realtime interface in Wing also have the unfortunate side effect of making the pilot dangerously psychotic (or in the case of Heero Yui, just making him a bit sulkier)?

Just how many super robot interfaces have the drawbacks of some form of psychosis for the pilot anyway?

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

I love how crazy it is that a child CEO with a super robot and a tight budget is barely worth comment in game.

Oh well, as least they had enough funds to outfit it with flight and armor.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

It'd seem the extra PP would have made him a shoo in unless his unit was absolute poo poo. You could run him with pretty much anyone and they'd become more awesome.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Gaia's got a nice hairdo and interesting poses at least.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Endorph posted:

Dancouga Nova handles it pretty awfully, yeah, but the basic premise (which is all we're really getting in SRWZ2) isn't really any stupider than 00. How is fighting wars for the losing side any stupider than fighting to prevent both sides from fighting?

Well, only if you're strong enough to turn the tide all the time.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

For some reason the Gundam fairy dust effects never ceases to make them look silly to me.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Drop Kyrios and Aphrodite A

Caphi posted:

Lagann (Simon)
Skills
Spiral Power L2
Prevail L6
Break Will Limit
Spirits
Gain
Guts
Traits
Spiral Drive
Weapons
Hit (10 EN)
Lagann Impact (20 EN, 110 Will, pierce barrier)
Ace Bonus: Deploys with +30 Will.
Holy poo poo.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

The only question is, what about Kamina?!

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Gulping Again posted:

And we'll see what Kamina can do next update. Suffice to say that he is very close to being the most broken pilot in the game.
I'd like to see how he warrants that in a game full of overpowered pilots

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Caphi posted:

Prevail L8
Morale
Will maximum raised by +30.
Hot drat. That is pretty over the top.

Caphi posted:

Everyone else is still wondering what the hell just happened, but Ryoma says not to worry about it. Probably good advice!

: Follow my lead, Simon! Super!

: Wha? Um, Inazuma!

: KIIIIIIICK!

This is just magical

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Omnicrom posted:

The part of the chapter is all the people in Dancougar and especially the Getter going COMBINE? Oh come on you guys, you break physics with your combining mecha, why are you so startled that maybe someone else can get in on the fun?
Well I assume the others didn't just ram a drill into another mech.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Will AND EN draining mooks? Man Supers hate those so so much.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Monathin posted:

It's both. There's a small, highly Japanese (read as: weird) scene that was even cut from the original Japanese airing where Kamina and Simon try to vault over the divider to catch Yoko and the Black Sisters in their own bath, while also recapping their adventures. The version that aired on TV cut this in favor of a longer recap, which is also the version that got dubbed.

I'm not spoilering this because, as stated, pretty much -nothing- happens. And I'll personally take a picture eating my own hat if Z2 goes in detail into the Hot Springs Episode.

What about the Hot Spring Mecha?!

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Ah, Macross Missile Massacres. I never cease to wonder how they fit so many inside their units. I think raw volume wise the missiles should be taking up more space than their whole mech.

Drop Kyrios and the Nova Eagle.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Always send out the lowest level units on missions and put the rest on whichever orders are best! This lets us see the best mix of units.

Though of course, exceptions should be made for guys with special events/conversations.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

This generates many questions. Which I'm sure Google will answer in full.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Well...it was educational I guess.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

The Macross, Mazinger AND TTGL? Public Team it is

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Funny how the character parallels just suddenly became very clear. The uncertain junior behind the hot blooded as all heck senior. Every exchange is just gold between the series.

Caphi posted:

It's Baron Ashura, his/her Talos warriors, and Mechabeast Tauros D7! S/he's come to crush Mazinger Z once and for all!

That's their commander?!
It's that half-man, half-woman villain we met in Area 11!
So it's...
Someone like us?

I sure hope not. Ashura is in a league of his/her own.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Caphi posted:

But she gives him an answer he's apparently never heard before: No, he can't, because the only thing fighting causes is more fighting. This turns Setsuna's entire world upside down, or as he most eloquently puts it: "I... can't be Gundam..."

Setsuna F. Seiei! You are not Gundam!
!
So you must become Gundam!

I am not Gundam... but if I am not Gundam, then...

Never fails to crack me up.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Capskye posted:

I so very much want this to happen because of this, and Sousuke could finally help Setsuna achieve his dream.

"I am....Gundam-kun."

I imagine a chibi-gundam version of the Bonta-kun suit.

All it can say is Gundam.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Whatever is most entertaining

But for Watta, he has the perk of helping keep even second stringer characters up to par with the bonus PP, so a vote against benching him, because he makes crappy options not so crappy.

Other than that, the guys currently up for analysis don't really grab your attention that well.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

BlitzBlast posted:

So if Caphi benches Gurren Lagaan for the rest of the game, will that make it more awesome?

By demonstrating the pain of not having Gurren Lagann.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Mazinger, Getter and Gurren Lagann basically can't be bad no matter what you do with them. Other than running out of crushyness and needing a resupply.

GL is a bit more interesting with Guard than Predict though, after all they all have an assload of Prevail and regenerate health easy.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Caphi posted:

Tricksy! But for the record, there's no exception for Sumeragi gaining one kill per level she spends on a different path split, nor is there one for sending her on a Patrol sub-order on the rare instances she can.

How's she killing things while on patrol anyway? Parking on them?

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Come to think of it, any unit with a barrier should have a ramming attack. Just coz.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Seems like Klan and Michel makes a natural team up.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Peace through superior firepower.

And boy, Mazinger, Getter and Gurren Lagann have a hell of a lot of firepower.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

They just bond right off the bat.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

AradoBalanga posted:

Jack Smith has a logical plot point for why he can hop into space without consequences. He's a human-sized Arma, so technically he qualifies as a cyborg, meaning he can get away with running around in space. Granted, he's got a B rank in space to offset this, but still. It's the same reason the Iczers and Atross are able to do the same: they're alien lesbian androids.

Most SRWs have a one-scene wonder moment where a chief mechanic from a featured series explains to the mech pilots with space-flight issues that there is now a bullshit reason for how they have gotten around the problem. In the past, this role usually falls to Astionage Mendoz of Zeta Gundam fame. To date, Astionage is responsible for: Aura Battlers, EVAs, Megadueces (okay, just Big O, but nitpicks), and Walker Machines (Z1 only. In Alpha Gaiden, the Xabungle cast are just told to throw on space suits and do it live) having space flight capabilites. Uribitake in J handled the Arm Slaves while GGG did the same in W, and Sakon from Gaiking: LoDM is responsible for the Zoids in K and I believe the Fafners as well.

Besides, it's not actually THAT hard to maneuver in space. Just slap on some thrusters, life support, and oxygen for combustion weapons and you're set.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

For me combat is just the banter and the swish new animations.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ew2euFH2JM

How the gently caress did that work?!

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

The pilot's seat for the Gawain is a throne?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

SaitoBatch posted:

I don't need movie Nirvash, I get to see Dai-Guard! And in Z.....yes. I really hate SEED Destiny, but if I had to use then or someone verbally bitch slapped Shinn from the get go, then I tolerate it's existence more.

Pretty much most of SEED would have been more palatable with bitchslappings.

• Locked thread